George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa

Democrats have no compelling need to attend their convention since Obama is already the incumbent nominee.

Uh........that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You do know more than just nominating a president goes on at the Conventions right? Have you been to one before, I have )
Look man I know you would never say anything negative about Obama or democrats, hence why you're ass kisser number 2 after Moonglow, but it's a little more than just, hey it's not worth it,

and whines like a bitch

give-a-fuck-o-meter.gif

For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

More: George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa | TPM2012

That does say reams about the Bush presidency. Too bad all the Republicans are offering is more of the same.

For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

I wouldn't go either, now that he doesn't have to....what a dreadful thing to have to attend.

No kidding. A convention for either party = dreadful.

Immie

Have ya seen how many democratics are skipping the DNC convention?

They're avoiding it like the plague....

Actually the convention should welcome Bush, he did everything perfect according to the Republican manual on how to be a good Republican president. Two useless wars, big debt for nothing, still the Republicans should remember that carrier landing, the mission accomplished one and his flight suit?
Well how about Bush going and popping out of a cake with another mission accomplished sign? No that wouldn't work either. Well for once Bush made a good decision.

Actually the convention should welcome Bush, he did everything perfect according to the Republican manual on how to be a good Republican president. Two useless wars, big debt for nothing, still the Republicans should remember that carrier landing, the mission accomplished one and his flight suit?
Well how about Bush going and popping out of a cake with another mission accomplished sign? No that wouldn't work either. Well for once Bush made a good decision.

Hater, maybe Obama can pop out of a bucket of KFC (whooo hooo cant wait for the liberals on that one!)

But hey running up the debt to historic highs, bailing out wallstreet and keeping employment above 8% for his entire Presidency, oh and revving up that "green" economny is difficult, unfortunately it also sucks and shouldnt be rewarded, no wonder half the democratic part isnt showing up for the 2nd annoitment.

Gee, I wonder why. I mean, he's famous and had all kinds of power for eight years and had the world's biggest charge card.

Why wouldn't he be just as welcome as the daisies in May?

As far as I'm concerned, Texasss can have him.

He spends most of his time at home in MAINE.

Maine? I assume you're referring to George H.W. Bush? I thought Boy George lived in Houston.

Hard to believe W sold that ranch considering how much he loved clearin' brush and all.

Democrats have no compelling need to attend their convention since Obama is already the incumbent nominee.

I think it's that old "lie with dogs you get fleas" mentality dictating poor attendance at the DNC.

Funny is, the Obama's own a home but haven't went there but a couple of times in the four years he's been King..

gotta jet set all over instead..perks are good

Useless war???? Do you recall the mood of this nation when our towers were hit and three thousand people either burned to death or plummeted to the sidewalks of NYC? If we hadn't had those sorties going into Afghanistan tghe nation would have been crazy with anger! There had been no other time since WWII we have seen such patriotism.

I recall that day of horror. I watched with my colleagues at the unfolding tragedy my mind trying to consume what I saw with people leaping out those windows to the purposeful death knowing full well this meant war.

Forum List

Back