George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

More: George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa | TPM2012

Gee, I wonder why. I mean, he's famous and had all kinds of power for eight years and had the world's biggest charge card.

Why wouldn't he be just as welcome as the daisies in May?

As far as I'm concerned, Texasss can have him.

If any Bush never attends another Republican convention then I'm okay with that. As far as I'm concerned, Dubya should go to the Democratic convention.

Wow an ex PResident not going, nice job on the left for demonizing him, but hey atleast half of the democrats in congress are missing the DNC....wonder why????

Wow an ex PResident not going, nice job on the left for demonizing him, but hey atleast half of the democrats in congress are missing the DNC....wonder why????

:link:

I saw a headline a day or two ago. But if that's the scope then that's interesting.

It was an eageration, I hope you got that, but here is a small list
List of Democrats Skipping the Party’s National Convention Continues to Grow - ABC News

Even NAncy knows it's a bad idea to go
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/18/pelosi-house-democrats-should-skip-the-national-convention/

3 US senators.....to miss their own convention and not for health reasons even.

According to George W. Bush, himself. He is done with politics. He won't criticize a sitting president and no longer wants to be active on the political scene.

I see no reason to disbelieve him. He doesn't like politics. Unlike democrats who are running away from obama.

Democrats have no compelling need to attend their convention since Obama is already the incumbent nominee.

Democrats have no compelling need to attend their convention since Obama is already the incumbent nominee.

Uh........that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You do know more than just nominating a president goes on at the Conventions right? Have you been to one before, I have )
Look man I know you would never say anything negative about Obama or democrats, hence why you're ass kisser number 2 after Moonglow, but it's a little more than just, hey it's not worth it,

For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

I wouldn't go either, now that he doesn't have to....what a dreadful thing to have to attend.

sorry Lak, but thats non news. Bush wasnt tehre even when he was. This is no different.

Gee, I wonder why. I mean, he's famous and had all kinds of power for eight years and had the world's biggest charge card.

He spends most of his time at home in MAINE.

whoopee shit................. Bush isn't going to a convention

You all think obama won't go to his coronation? where his cult members will cheer, fore more year, fore more years we are here to be your servant..

Last edited:

I wouldn't go either, now that he doesn't have to....what a dreadful thing to have to attend.

It's actually fun, without the abundance of drugs and same sex orgies the DNC has.......Have you walked in a gay pride parade today?

According to George W. Bush, himself. He is done with politics. He won't criticize a sitting president and no longer wants to be active on the political scene.

I see no reason to disbelieve him. He doesn't like politics. Unlike democrats who are running away from obama.

Reagan gave a speech at the 1992 convention.

Maine? I assume you're referring to George H.W. Bush? I thought Boy George lived in Houston.

And who wants to go to Tampa, FL in August?
:eusa_eh:

Maine? I assume you're referring to George H.W. Bush? I thought Boy George lived in Houston.

He lives in Crawford, TX and yes they have property in Maine.

Forum List

Back