George W. Bush: The Pros and the Cons

Talk about putting a spin on things!

That's a pretty credible website you used! :rolleyes:

Misleader.org - a project of moveon.org

"Misleader.org will provide an accurate daily chronicle for journalists of mis-representations, distortions and downright misleading statements by President Bush and the Bush Administration. Misleader.org is presented as a service of MoveOn.org, the on-line public interest group."

Originally posted by jimnyc
Talk about putting a spin on things!

That's a pretty credible website you used! :rolleyes:

Misleader.org - a project of moveon.org

"Misleader.org will provide an accurate daily chronicle for journalists of mis-representations, distortions and downright misleading statements by President Bush and the Bush Administration. Misleader.org is presented as a service of MoveOn.org, the on-line public interest group."

It appears the footnote references are all solid. Looks like the writer did the homework.

-Bam

Originally posted by bamthin
It appears the footnote references are all solid. Looks like the writer did the homework.

-Bam

I never said the references weren't technically 'accurate'. They are accurate, with a spin. The economy is extremely advanced and cannot be summarized in a couple of paragraphs. The writer obviously chose to pick out a few things to bolster his argument. I too could write an article and choose to only include the 'good' things happening to the economy. The website is biased and only showing one side of the coin.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I never said the references weren't technically 'accurate'. They are accurate, with a spin. The economy is extremely advanced and cannot be summarized in a couple of paragraphs. The writer obviously chose to pick out a few things to bolster his argument. I too could write an article and choose to only include the 'good' things happening to the economy. The website is biased and only showing one side of the coin.

Wow! This reminds me alot of another popular thread and article :D

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Wow! This reminds me alot of another popular thread and article :D

Touche!

Although I wouldn't go as far as to compare the economy to crimes by race. There's really no 'good' way to paraphrase crimes, unless the figures are going down, which they aren't.

US Nobel Laureate Slams Bush Gov't as "Worst" in American History

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0729-06.htm

Akerlof: A short-term tax benefit for the poor would actually be a reasonable stimulus. Then, the money would almost certainly be spent. But the current and future deficit is a lot less stimulatory than it could be. Our administration is just throwing the money away. First, we should have fiscal stimulus that is sharply aimed at the current downturn. But this deficit continues far into the future, as the bulk of the tax cuts can be expected to continue indefinitely. The Administration is giving us red ink as far as the eye can see, and these permanent aspects outweigh the short-term stimulatory effects.

Forum List

Back