George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

Go ahead, mock the truth. Iraqi women have become terribly addicted to "Valium" because it's cheap and since their faces have disappeared behind "veils", they have nothing else. WE DID THAT TO THEM.

Well, we know one thing for sure, if Republicans have no problem fucking the middle class of this country up the ass, then they certainly don't care about the Iraqis. I just wonder, "What DO they care about?" It can't all be about companies they don't work for. What could it be? What is the goal? They talk about "freedom" and then want "amendments" against the gays and the Hispanics. And why do they refuse to see what they've done to Iraq????
I want really hard to see your point of view, but I don't think I can smack myself in the head with a hammer hard enough.

Learn to read:

IRAQ: Women Miss Saddam - IPS ipsnews.net

BAGHDAD, Mar 12, 2010 (IPS) - Under Saddam Hussein, women in government got a year's maternity leave; that is now cut to six months. Under the Personal Status Law in force since Jul. 14, 1958, when Iraqis overthrew the British-installed monarchy, Iraqi women had most of the rights that Western women do.

Now they have Article 2 of the Constitution: "Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation." Sub-head A says "No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam." Under this Article the interpretation of women's rights is left to religious leaders

Houzan Mahmoud: Do Iraq's Women Miss Saddam?

"The Americans just let the rule of the jungle go ahead - whoever is the strongest will rule - and the Islamists are the strongest," she said. "So now we are living in a new Islamist Iraq, with Islamic courts all over Baghdad and women totally vulnerable to religious law: a man can marry four wives, a girl that is twelve years old, it's almost impossible for women to get divorced. None of this was the case in Saddam's time."

Iraqi Women Embrace Political Power | Solutions

The Constitution, finalized in 2005, is frustratingly ambiguous on women’s rights, leaving the country vulnerable to religious politicians intent on further subjugating women. Women fear an elected government that will not only abolish protections regarding divorce, inheritance, and child custody, which they have enjoyed since the 1950s; they fear a draconian society in which child brides, honor killings, and forced veiling will become widely accepted—and justified—not only by Islam but also by democracy.

Perspective_Asquith.Maternity%20Ward%20copy.jpg

----------------------------------------

Women represent more than half the population. Add the gays and the Christians.

Now, dammit, tell us how it's better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're not being raped by government officials.

Or do you see that as a good thing...?

At least you're only calling names and not denying the truth. It's a start.
the when you start posting the truth, it will be a good start

When accusing someone of lying, it's customary to point out what that lie is and offer proof that disputes that lie. You've done neither. Why? Because we both know you can't.

Bu bye.
dipshit, every post you make contains lies
i dont have to point them out
everyone, but you, can see them

I want really hard to see your point of view, but I don't think I can smack myself in the head with a hammer hard enough.

Learn to read:

BAGHDAD, Mar 12, 2010 (IPS) - Under Saddam Hussein, women in government got a year's maternity leave; that is now cut to six months. Under the Personal Status Law in force since Jul. 14, 1958, when Iraqis overthrew the British-installed monarchy, Iraqi women had most of the rights that Western women do.

Now they have Article 2 of the Constitution: "Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation." Sub-head A says "No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam." Under this Article the interpretation of women's rights is left to religious leaders

"The Americans just let the rule of the jungle go ahead - whoever is the strongest will rule - and the Islamists are the strongest," she said. "So now we are living in a new Islamist Iraq, with Islamic courts all over Baghdad and women totally vulnerable to religious law: a man can marry four wives, a girl that is twelve years old, it's almost impossible for women to get divorced. None of this was the case in Saddam's time."

The Constitution, finalized in 2005, is frustratingly ambiguous on women’s rights, leaving the country vulnerable to religious politicians intent on further subjugating women. Women fear an elected government that will not only abolish protections regarding divorce, inheritance, and child custody, which they have enjoyed since the 1950s; they fear a draconian society in which child brides, honor killings, and forced veiling will become widely accepted—and justified—not only by Islam but also by democracy.

yeah, and it was so wonderful in his two sons rape and torture rooms
thing is, you want us to start telling them how to run their country

because, like a typical partisan hack liberal, YOU think you know whats best for them

Dipship, you already have. You did that when Republicans tricked the US into invading.

In the limited world of the Republicans, everything is black and white.

In their world, Saddam is gone so it must be good. Only it's worse dipshit. Get it? It was bad, but now it's worse. There's no other way to explain it.

Got it? WAS BAD, NOW WORSE!

Learn to read:

because, like a typical partisan hack liberal, YOU think you know whats best for them

Dipship, you already have. You did that when Republicans tricked the US into invading.

In the limited world of the Republicans, everything is black and white.

In their world, Saddam is gone so it must be good. Only it's worse dipshit. Get it? It was bad, but now it's worse. There's no other way to explain it.

Got it? WAS BAD, NOW WORSE!
see, more LIES

LOL

Learn to read:

Only now, they are being raped by everyone. And not just sex. They can't divorce. They can't inherit. They can't go to school. They're fucked every way they can be fucked and WE DID THAT TO THEM. GET IT? We let that happen. We put that in motion.

Let's try this again.

WAS BAD, NOW WORSE.

WAS BAD, NOW WORSE.

WAS BAD, NOW WORSE.

Did that help?

Only now, they are being raped by everyone. And not just sex. They can't divorce. They can't inherit. They can't go to school. They're fucked every way they can be fucked and WE DID THAT TO THEM. GET IT? We let that happen. We put that in motion.

Let's try this again.

WAS BAD, NOW WORSE.

WAS BAD, NOW WORSE.

WAS BAD, NOW WORSE.

Did that help?
I'm dialing my local Democratic Party office!

Learn to read:

It's really sad you ignored the info by trying to hide behind a completely false claim you fucking dumbass.

"The three policemen put a burlap sack over Khalida’s head
and took her to the Iraqi Interior Ministry in Baghdad. There, they interrogated her and beat her, knocking out her front teeth. Then they tore off her clothes and took turns raping her."

And:

"Human rights groups began to see an increase in rapes in Iraq immediately after the fall of Hussein ’s regime, and evidence that different factions were targeting women."
pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/pakistan802/video/video_index_baghdad.html

People like you are a fucking embarrassment to human existence.

It's really sad you ignored the info by trying to hide behind a completely false claim you fucking dumbass.

and took her to the Iraqi Interior Ministry in Baghdad. There, they interrogated her and beat her, knocking out her front teeth. Then they tore off her clothes and took turns raping her."

And:

"Human rights groups began to see an increase in rapes in Iraq immediately after the fall of Hussein ’s regime, and evidence that different factions were targeting women."

Different factions targeting women immediately after the fall of Hussein's regime are NOT government officials. You do know that, right? Right?

As for your first example, yes, that's awful, and should be stopped. But how is that worse than what Saddam was doing?

Which, of course, you won't prove.
would be impossible to prove to someone like you anyway
since no one had full access to score exactly how many were killed under Saddam, and no one wanted to keep track of who killed who after
they just added and multiplied the dead for political reasons
Thank you for confirming that Trollman is full of shit! :)
:lol: Read it again. This time read what he actually wrote and not what you wanted it to say.

would be impossible to prove to someone like you anyway
since no one had full access to score exactly how many were killed under Saddam, and no one wanted to keep track of who killed who after
they just added and multiplied the dead for political reasons
Thank you for confirming that Trollman is full of shit! :)
:lol: Read it again. This time read what he actually wrote and not what you wanted it to say.

:clap2:Words of advice. Worth following.:clap2:

I'm not, either. I'm speaking of Mr. and Ms. Average Liberal.

They want increasing government control of individual lives..."for the people's own good". Funny how they just know what's best for everybody, and have assumed they should make it so.

How have they increased control over my life?
You don't want to buy health insurance? Too fucking bad. You HAVE to.

And because of that, you are no longer free? You have no idea what freedom is, then. You were just arguing against Saddam, saying that we freed the Iraqi people.

I guess Saddam didn't need an internal security force - all he had to do was force people to pay for their medical care in order to keep them enslaved. :cuckoo:

Learn to read:

One torture room was uncovered. FAIL.

How many do the CIA operate?

Wingnuts thought they knew what was best for Iraq.

Learn to read:

How do you know?

And:

Different factions targeting women immediately after the fall of Hussein's regime are NOT government officials. You do know that, right? Right?

As for your first example, yes, that's awful, and should be stopped. But how is that worse than what Saddam was doing?

This is where it becomes "shades of gray". The question is, "Which shade is worse". Republicans don't see "gray". If it was "black" under Saddam, it must be "white" now because for them, there is only "black and white". That's the problem.

What Saddam and his sons did was evil. There is no doubt about it. Black.

But the majority of women were free to live their lives unmolested.

The vast majority of Iraqi women could live their lives unmolested. Only light gray and not white because not all women were unmolested".

Now ALL women live under Sharia law. They can't go to school. They can't walk around without a male escort. They have to wear veils. They can't divorce if abused. They aren't getting health care. They can't inherit. How is this NOT black? Their bodies aren't being raped (unless caught alone outside), but their minds and spirits have been thoroughly fucked. BLACK. BLACK. BLACK. Instead of only a few being fucked, EVERYONE is being fucked.

Now, dammit, explain how it's "BETTER" than under Saddam.

I didn't read all of the posts, just enough of them to see how quickly this thread derailed; anyway, I think it's great that George and Laura made the surprise visit. This was not a media event. It was something that George has done throughout his presidency and now in his private life. That speaks volumes about his character.

This made it into the media only because the USO posted it on a facebook page and some media weenie picked up on it. Point here is that he's not interested in any staged media events and wouldn't care if this made it into the media or not.

Unlike other former presidents.

Forum List

Back