George W. Bush makes surprise visit to U.S. troops

I am not speaking about corporate backed liberalism. Which is what we have in DC now.

Neither party currently has our countries best interests at heart.
Every now and again the our interests coincide with some corporate ones for a time....
so why is it you only seem to complain about the conservatives?

Ohh I feel that the Conservatives are worse for the little people than the dems are. That seems to be about the only real difference lately.
actually, most conservatives feel they are better for the little people
i know THIS conservative does

I am not speaking about corporate backed liberalism. Which is what we have in DC now.

I'm not, either. I'm speaking of Mr. and Ms. Average Liberal.

They want increasing government control of individual lives..."for the people's own good". Funny how they just know what's best for everybody, and have assumed they should make it so.

But you know what? They never asked me. They never asked anyone I know.

Ohh you mean like drug controls?
Or like Gays not being allowed to marry?
Or like no Isalmic churches?
Or like requiring the ten commandments to be posted in public places?
You mean that peep on your neighbor and report deviant sex acts law in GA?
Seatbelt laws?
Child helmet laws?
3 nonviolent drug busts and locked up for life.
no smoking laws?

Yeah those pesky dems...

so why is it you only seem to complain about the conservatives?

Ohh I feel that the Conservatives are worse for the little people than the dems are. That seems to be about the only real difference lately.
actually, most conservatives feel they are better for the little people
i know THIS conservative does

All employers strive to increase productivity?
What is the end result on the worker from increased productivity?

They want increasing government control of individual lives..."for the people's own good". Funny how they just know what's best for everybody, and have assumed they should make it so.

some need to be controlled, some, meh, i couldnt care less
this conservative wants the government to get out ofg the marriage business(see multiple threads on this issues already)
again, not NO mosques, but dont like the one near the WTC
no, more like not prohibiting it
start a thread on it
Seatbelt laws?
THIS conservative opposes them for adults, children is a different story
Child helmet laws?
see above
see earlier statements
no smoking laws?
seen more libs supporting that than coinservatives
Yeah those pesky dems...
most of those things you list are supported and pushed by libs

Last edited:

Seatbelt laws?
Child helmet laws?
no smoking laws?

Yeah those pesky dems...
...whom you can't seem to criticize... :lol:

"blown up with jiffy pop"?
are you fucking INSANE?
the hummers were what we had at the time
as better vehicles became available they got them to them as fast as they could

Bull fucking shit. The last administration sent them over there for no apparent reason other than oil

John McCain received a grade a D and a score of 20 from Veterans groups for his "support". I've linked that at least two dozen times.

The only "real" money spent in Iraq was to Halliburton and Black Water.

And at least 9 BILLION just "disappeared" by those fucking fiscal Republicans. What an odious political party.

how was it about oil? do we control their oil now? do they give us oil at a discount?

i really would like to know, the media hasn't been covering this, so if you know, please inform me.

in my opinion, if this war was about oil, it definitely is a failure.

how much money went to haliburton/black water? what percentage of their yearly income did this represent?

You are absolutely right. It's a "failure". Like EVERYTHING touched by Republicans. The ONLY success I've heard any Republicans mention in the last 10 years has been "No child left behind", which, of course was ALSO a failure.

$17.2 billion in Iraq war-related revenue from 2003-2006 alone went to Haliburton.

The 25 Most Vicious Iraq War Profiteers | Business Pundit

Hey, don't forget the 9 billion they lost outright. With NO idea where a penny of that went. 9 FUCKING BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the fuck is dumb enough to think this self-aggrandizing PR move means bush cares about our Troops?

he probably did it just to sell copies of his book right?

Well first off, let's look at "what" he did. He went to a fucking airport. In Texas. In Dallas. Oh boy! That must have been a hell of a hike from his home in.....Dallas. I'd like to see him face some Troops who have lost legs and arms and families who have lost husbands, brothers, wives, sisters, etc and look them in the eye and tell them it was absolutely necessary. He's a fucking coward ****.

Shame on you. Comparing ***** to Bush is slandering *****.

I served in the Military from 1975 to 1979, 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division as 82 Charlie, Forward Observer.
Thank you for your service to our nation. :salute:
You're right, I don't give a shit about the Iraqi people. Who ever said I did? But how is turning their country from a dictatorship to a right wing Islamic Theocracy an "improvement"? What the fuck? Their women are now on bags. They hate our guts. Islam is the "national religion" by constitution and they've killed or chased away more that half of their Christian population. Republicans used our soldiers to do that!!!!!!!!!
The finally had a chance to determine their own destiny. Are you saying the country was better off under Saddam?
And I do care about our military. Which is why what Republicans did was so, so wrong.

Giving them crappy vehicles that can be blown up with Jiffy Pop. Denying them body armor. Keeping them over there tour after tour. And how do you explain that Republicans lost interest in Bin Laden. Bush, "I don't think about him anymore".

And, when any bill comes up to give the soldiers benefits, heath benefits, medical treatment REPBLICANS ALWAYS VOTE AGAINST IT. Just like they do on jobs bills, on unemployment. But those fucking tax breaks for the rich. Oh yea, let's keep those.

You can't sugar coat this. Republicans are fucked and have done a terrible disservice to our military.
Yeah, yeah, you hate Republicans. We get it.

I submit your hatred is clouding your judgement. Emotionally-driven people do that a lot.

Who cares what WE say? What do THEY say?

http://www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org/Newsfolder_Mar28-08/Iraq women our lives are better.doc

Iraq’s women: Our life was better under Saddam

Iraq: Worse for Christians Now Than under Saddam Hussein, Religion Today Persecution News

Iraqi gay pleads to UK: Give me asylum

------------------------------

Who the fuck are Republicans to decide what is "BEST" for foreign countries???? They drag this country down. They can't govern. They have no clue how the world works. Everything they do is based on what they "imagine".

I don't hate Republicans. BUT I'M MAD AS HELL AT THEM FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO.

Last edited by a moderator:
"blown up with jiffy pop"?
are you fucking INSANE?
the hummers were what we had at the time
as better vehicles became available they got them to them as fast as they could

Bull fucking shit. The last administration sent them over there for no apparent reason other than oil

John McCain received a grade a D and a score of 20 from Veterans groups for his "support". I've linked that at least two dozen times.

And at least 9 BILLION just "disappeared" by those fucking fiscal Republicans. What an odious political party.

how was it about oil? do we control their oil now? do they give us oil at a discount?

i really would like to know, the media hasn't been covering this, so if you know, please inform me.

in my opinion, if this war was about oil, it definitely is a failure.

how much money went to haliburton/black water? what percentage of their yearly income did this represent?
Here's a recent one:

Iraq Seals Oil Deal With Exxon, Shell - WSJ.com

I'm trying to find where I saved the Wall Street Journal link to the 30 year oil lease deal that was signed in 2006 or 2007.

where is the fucking oil? asswipe?

China gets first dibs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/12/world/middleeast/12crude.html

I guess that's reasonable considering they financed the whole fiasco.

where is the fucking oil? asswipe?

China gets first dibs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/12/world/middleeast/12crude.html

I guess that's reasonable considering they financed the whole fiasco.

No, this is a $3.5 billion dollar privatization of Iraqi energy services, WITHIN IRAQ. From your link:

It will allow CNPC, with Norinco, another Chinese company, to develop the Adhab oil field in Wasit Province, southeast of Baghdad, for 20 years, Mr. Shamaa said in a telephone interview. “It has been the same contract since Saddam’s regime, but we changed it from a production-sharing contract to a service contract,” Mr. Shamaa said. “The contract includes developing the field, digging wells, laying down bibs, delivering crude oil to the national grid, and natural gas processing and delivery.”

This is NOT a deal to pump Iraqi oil for export to the rest of the world.

WillowTree said:
Just what I thought. you're blowing it out your ass again.

Slow down there, Sparky. It's evident that you didn't bother to research this yourself in the slightest.

Last edited:
I served in the Military from 1975 to 1979, 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division as 82 Charlie, Forward Observer.
Thank you for your service to our nation. :salute:

The finally had a chance to determine their own destiny. Are you saying the country was better off under Saddam?
And I do care about our military. Which is why what Republicans did was so, so wrong.

Giving them crappy vehicles that can be blown up with Jiffy Pop. Denying them body armor. Keeping them over there tour after tour. And how do you explain that Republicans lost interest in Bin Laden. Bush, "I don't think about him anymore".

And, when any bill comes up to give the soldiers benefits, heath benefits, medical treatment REPBLICANS ALWAYS VOTE AGAINST IT. Just like they do on jobs bills, on unemployment. But those fucking tax breaks for the rich. Oh yea, let's keep those.

You can't sugar coat this. Republicans are fucked and have done a terrible disservice to our military.
Yeah, yeah, you hate Republicans. We get it.

I submit your hatred is clouding your judgement. Emotionally-driven people do that a lot.

Who cares what WE say? What do THEY say?

http://www.onlinewomeninpolitics.org/Newsfolder_Mar28-08/Iraq women our lives are better.doc

Iraq’s women: Our life was better under Saddam

Iraq: Worse for Christians Now Than under Saddam Hussein, Religion Today Persecution News

Iraqi gay pleads to UK: Give me asylum

------------------------------
I hear the Ba'athists aren't too keen on the Iraqi people getting to decide what they want, too.
Who the fuck are Republicans to decide what is "BEST" for foreign countries???? They drag this country down. They can't govern. They have no clue how the world works. Everything they do is based on what they "imagine".
:lol: :cuckoo:
I don't hate Republicans. BUT I'M MAD AS HELL AT THEM FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO.
So what? Your little tantrums are meaningless.

Forum List

Back