George W. Bush is in Contempt of Congress. Should he be prosecuted?

Wa wa wa, Bush is not the potus anymore. If you want to charge him then go back and charge clinton. Idiots.
Indeed. Thing is? Many of us called Bush out on what he was doing...so the charges of hypocrisy by the left hold no water. They think they have dredged up something but still have fallen short...again.

no you didnt....stop lying

LOL, I did constantly.

In fact about the only thing I ever thought Bush did right was, The way he handled the Immediate days after 9/11 and the Initial Decision to Invade Afghanistan. Other than that I was not a fan of most of what he did, and was never afraid to say it.

Indeed. Thing is? Many of us called Bush out on what he was doing...so the charges of hypocrisy by the left hold no water. They think they have dredged up something but still have fallen short...again.

LOL, I did constantly.

In fact about the only thing I ever thought Bush did right was, The way he handled the Immediate days after 9/11 and the Initial Decision to Invade Afghanistan. Other than that I was not a fan of most of what he did, and was never afraid to say it.

Don't pay PlasmaBall-less any attention. When he lacks facts, he makes shit up.

Wa wa wa, Bush is not the potus anymore. If you want to charge him then go back and charge clinton. Idiots.

Prove he didn't.

Dumbass. :lol:

Because you're incapable for criticizing your leaders doesn't mean everyone else is.

Ours is a government of, for and by the People. The Congress is the People and the People can do what it wishes to do with the President or the Supreme Court. Any effort to supersede this clear and simple circumstance is just cause for a general strike and a violent revolution.

If anyone deserves to be prosecuted it is George W. Bush. I for one believe he should be arrested, turned over to the Hague and, hopefully, hanged for his crimes -- along with his conspirators.

My main complaint against Obama is his failure to appoint an Attorney General who would investigate and prosecute the Bush Administration. Because this failure to invoke a deterrent ensures repetition of the same criminal conduct in the future. I believe this deliberate failure makes Obama complicit in the Bush crimes.
Bush is not guilty of any crime, and it's ludicrous to suggest that he is.

You, on the other hand, are so eager for a conviction and consequences you failed to notice he is innocent of all your vapid charges.
"The man in the street often does not recognize the devil even when the devil is holding him by the throat." [Johann von Goethe]

Ours is a government of, for and by the People. The Congress is the People and the People can do what it wishes to do with the President or the Supreme Court. Any effort to supersede this clear and simple circumstance is just cause for a general strike and a violent revolution.

If anyone deserves to be prosecuted it is George W. Bush. I for one believe he should be arrested, turned over to the Hague and, hopefully, hanged for his crimes -- along with his conspirators.

My main complaint against Obama is his failure to appoint an Attorney General who would investigate and prosecute the Bush Administration. Because this failure to invoke a deterrent ensures repetition of the same criminal conduct in the future. I believe this deliberate failure makes Obama complicit in the Bush crimes.

dudramaqueencopy0se.jpg

You, on the other hand, are so eager for a conviction and consequences you failed to notice he is innocent of all your vapid charges.
Leftists think -- sorry, wrong word -- that hurting their widdle feewings is a crime.

That's because they're driving solely by emotion, as illustrated by MikeK's petulant foot-stamping.

"The man in the street often does not recognize the devil even when the devil is holding him by the throat." [Johann von Goethe]
See? You have zero, and I do mean zero credible proof. A Johann von Goethe quotation is not proof that President Bush is guilty of any kind of crime whatever. :rolleyes:

This nation is based on the rule of law. President Bush broke no law.

You just wish he had, nothing more. He didn't gratify your wish. It would be a matter of "case closed" if there were a case. There isn't, and hasn't ever been.

Last edited:

Leftists think -- sorry, wrong word -- that hurting their widdle feewings is a crime.

That's because they're driving solely by emotion, as illustrated by MikeK's petulant foot-stamping.
Maybe, Mr. Daveman, but I think he's just releasing hot air. It kinda pops the swollen balloon when positive proof is required. They can't get any positive proof because there is none when a man is innocent of the charges leveled against him.

According to an AP article, President Bush, "moving toward a constitutional showdown with Congress, asserted executive privilege Thursday and rejected lawmakers' demands for documents that could shed light on the firings of federal prosecutors."

I just wanted to say thank you to Georgie and his wife Laurie who hail from some town called Crawford in a state where I have never been for telling my representatives that he and his friends in the White House do not have to answer to members of Congress or to the people they represent. I am so grateful that he can make decisions without consulting Congress and then when Congress exercises its oversight authority he simply refuses to respond to their legally binding subpoenas based on some bogus claim of executive privelige. The reason I state that his claim is bogus is that the original intent of executive privelige was to allow the President the ability to refuse to produce documents that would result in harm to the American people. The documents requested by Congress do not fit this definition. The right of the American people to know what their government is doing trumps the right of the Bush administration to protect itself or the President from public scrutiny. The claim, made by White House counsel Fred Fielding, that "for the President to perform his constitutional duties, it is imperative that he receive candid and unfettered advice and that free and open discussions and deliberations occur among his advisors and between those advisors and others within and outside the Executive Branch" is simply ludicrous. This claim contradicts the fundamental right of the people to conduct the affairs of our government. Without knowledge, our representatives, cannot act in our behalf. Being required to produce documents to our representatives does not in any way inhibit honest, upright, moral people from having honest, upright and moral deliberations nor does it prevent the President from receiving candid and unfettered advice. They can talk all they want, discuss whatever and have nothing to fear from public scruitiny if they didn't do anything wrong.

It is clear to me that the Bush administration thinks it is above the law and does not have to respond to the legally binding subpoenas of Congress because in his words it's "my government" instead of ours. Congress not only can but must assert its right to look at these documents in behalf of those whom they represent. The Courts have ruled that Congress has this power of subpoena and can hold those who refuse to adhere to Congressional subpoenas in contempt of Congress. Refusing a subpoena is grounds for contempt of Congres, and if Bush continues to conduct himself in this manner he could be impeached and or prosecuted for his actions. Normally, Congress understands that the President would like to exercise some discretion in what he reveals to Congress but they do and can exercise their constitutional and statutory authority to subpoena documents from the Executive Branch and refusal to honor those subpoenas is considered "contempt of Congress" under the law and it is a crime. There is solution short of prosecuting George Bush for contempt of Congress and that is for the President to stop thinking of himself as above the law and turn over the documents to our representatives and if he didn't do anything wrong and neither did anyone else in his administration than he has nothing to fear and everyone will be happy but I suspect Bush is using "executive privelige" which was intended to protect the American people to protect himself and those around him from the public eye.

You do know what year it is right? Perhaps you are having a stroke because I don't believe you know who is the president.

Clinton sacked all 93 U.S. attorneys appointed by Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, what the Bush administration did was neither unprecedented or a controversy.

How you can sit there and say that is a controversy, yet Clinton's pardon gate was just an appropriate act of the executive is beyond me. It highlights, as do most of the left's argument's during the Bush administration, the hypocrisy and senile mentality that plagues the left.

The Obama administration, after promising to be the most prestigious and forthcoming administration, has allowed donors to literally buy government loans and cost the American tax payers $535 million a mere months after America lost its AAA credit rating and the country's economic future put in jeopardy because of its unsustainable debt and unrestrained spending.

You are so out of touch with reality. The left is living in a dream world, believing this OWS movement is connecting with America, or that America is not rejecting this president.

Do you actually have a point?

Maybe, Mr. Daveman, but I think he's just releasing hot air. It kinda pops the swollen balloon when positive proof is required. They can't get any positive proof because there is none when a man is innocent of the charges leveled against him.
"Presidenting While Conservative" -- the worst crime possible in the leftist world.

"Presidenting While Conservative" -- the worst crime possible in the leftist world.
almost. it is surpassed by being republican while black.

Ohhhhh. So very close, Ben. But, no.

I think the HUGE WINNER under the category of worst possible crime in the leftist world is being

CONSERVATIVE while Black.

dudramaqueencopy0se.jpg

:lol: This is funny. They are pretty deranged over there at Dumocratic Underground. And they don't believe in Free Speech either. Thanks for the laugh.

You have to be charged with a crime with an indictment from a grand jury before one is found guilty of a crime trial by jury.
Something about The United States Constitution.

According to an AP article, President Bush, "moving toward a constitutional showdown with Congress, asserted executive privilege Thursday and rejected lawmakers' demands for documents that could shed light on the firings of federal prosecutors."

I just wanted to say thank you to Georgie and his wife Laurie who hail from some town called Crawford in a state where I have never been for telling my representatives that he and his friends in the White House do not have to answer to members of Congress or to the people they represent. I am so grateful that he can make decisions without consulting Congress and then when Congress exercises its oversight authority he simply refuses to respond to their legally binding subpoenas based on some bogus claim of executive privelige. The reason I state that his claim is bogus is that the original intent of executive privelige was to allow the President the ability to refuse to produce documents that would result in harm to the American people. The documents requested by Congress do not fit this definition. The right of the American people to know what their government is doing trumps the right of the Bush administration to protect itself or the President from public scrutiny. The claim, made by White House counsel Fred Fielding, that "for the President to perform his constitutional duties, it is imperative that he receive candid and unfettered advice and that free and open discussions and deliberations occur among his advisors and between those advisors and others within and outside the Executive Branch" is simply ludicrous. This claim contradicts the fundamental right of the people to conduct the affairs of our government. Without knowledge, our representatives, cannot act in our behalf. Being required to produce documents to our representatives does not in any way inhibit honest, upright, moral people from having honest, upright and moral deliberations nor does it prevent the President from receiving candid and unfettered advice. They can talk all they want, discuss whatever and have nothing to fear from public scruitiny if they didn't do anything wrong.

It is clear to me that the Bush administration thinks it is above the law and does not have to respond to the legally binding subpoenas of Congress because in his words it's "my government" instead of ours. Congress not only can but must assert its right to look at these documents in behalf of those whom they represent. The Courts have ruled that Congress has this power of subpoena and can hold those who refuse to adhere to Congressional subpoenas in contempt of Congress. Refusing a subpoena is grounds for contempt of Congres, and if Bush continues to conduct himself in this manner he could be impeached and or prosecuted for his actions. Normally, Congress understands that the President would like to exercise some discretion in what he reveals to Congress but they do and can exercise their constitutional and statutory authority to subpoena documents from the Executive Branch and refusal to honor those subpoenas is considered "contempt of Congress" under the law and it is a crime. There is solution short of prosecuting George Bush for contempt of Congress and that is for the President to stop thinking of himself as above the law and turn over the documents to our representatives and if he didn't do anything wrong and neither did anyone else in his administration than he has nothing to fear and everyone will be happy but I suspect Bush is using "executive privelige" which was intended to protect the American people to protect himself and those around him from the public eye.

You do know what year it is right? Perhaps you are having a stroke because I don't believe you know who is the president.

Clinton sacked all 93 U.S. attorneys appointed by Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, what the Bush administration did was neither unprecedented or a controversy.

How you can sit there and say that is a controversy, yet Clinton's pardon gate was just an appropriate act of the executive is beyond me. It highlights, as do most of the left's argument's during the Bush administration, the hypocrisy and senile mentality that plagues the left.

The Obama administration, after promising to be the most prestigious and forthcoming administration, has allowed donors to literally buy government loans and cost the American tax payers $535 million a mere months after America lost its AAA credit rating and the country's economic future put in jeopardy because of its unsustainable debt and unrestrained spending.

You are so out of touch with reality. The left is living in a dream world, believing this OWS movement is connecting with America, or that America is not rejecting this president.

Do you actually have a point?
Of course he doesn't.

And outta the park, Google. :)

Prolly so. :D

LOL, I did constantly.

Don't pay PlasmaBall-less any attention. When he lacks facts, he makes shit up.

your boy is fading fast....Might want to find a new chump

No deal. I already told you. I could never ever support you, chump.

You suck dead donkey dick in hell.

And the MAN I support is not fading fast or at all.

Mr. Cain is doing fine.

Newt is showing signs of electoral health, however.

Newt vs. President Obama. I like that too.

And that's despite having some issues with Newt.

Forum List

Back