George W. Bush Focuses On Quiet Service After Presidency

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I didn't care for his politics but he did seem to be loved in Africa, kind of ironic when you consider the President we have today. I don't know how much Bush had to do with it but his tax cuts seemed to have helped the economy recover from the .com crash, the Y2K wind down and 9/11. I bet a lot of folks forget that all happened at the start of Bush's presidency. What he didn't do is make that recession into longest and weakest in history.

LUSAKA — Former President George W. Bush has kept a relatively low profile in the United States since leaving office. But in Africa this week he is publicly promoting his institute's initiative to prevent and treat cervical cancer. While Bush is following a familiar post-presidential path in supporting humanitarian causes, he would prefer to focus on quiet service, to lead through example and hard work.

He worked alongside other volunteers in Kabwe - Zambia's second-largest city - to renovate a health clinic which specializes in the early detection and treatment of cervical cancer.

I didn't care for his politics but he did seem to be loved in Africa, kind of ironic when you consider the President we have today. I don't know how much Bush had to do with it but his tax cuts seemed to have helped the economy recover from the .com crash, the Y2K wind down and 9/11. I bet a lot of folks forget that all happened at the start of Bush's presidency. What he didn't do is make that recession into longest and weakest in history.

LUSAKA — Former President George W. Bush has kept a relatively low profile in the United States since leaving office. But in Africa this week he is publicly promoting his institute's initiative to prevent and treat cervical cancer. While Bush is following a familiar post-presidential path in supporting humanitarian causes, he would prefer to focus on quiet service, to lead through example and hard work.

He worked alongside other volunteers in Kabwe - Zambia's second-largest city - to renovate a health clinic which specializes in the early detection and treatment of cervical cancer.

Yeah, that evil Nasty War mongering Racist Right Wing Zealot. He is probably Poisoning the poor African kids or Something. No way he could be a good guy.

lol

Umm remember "Jobless Recovery"?

Nobody, not even the republicans, want him around. They did 100 debates and mentioned GWB once.

Bush should spend every minute of every day of the rest of his worthless life begging forgiveness for causing the deaths of thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqis.

Umm remember "Jobless Recovery"?

How could I? It is still going on.

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2002_2012_all_period_M06_data.gif

Thats because only the left thinks they are running with or against Bush.

And yet Republicans mentioned Reagan every chance they got. There's a reason you went to jail. Lack of common sense.

Reagan was a great man, Bush....not even close. So whats your point?

That Bush's "Quiet Service" was due to the fact that no one wants to hear what he has to say. The republicans don't want to remind people that he exists.

he did seem to be loved in Africa

then let him stay there

just like Carter, no humanitarian outreach can ever even out the damage done through his incompetent Presidency

lets Bin Laden hang out in a compound while kissing Musharraf's ass in Pakistan...even the inept fool in the WH now was able to handle this better

Medicare Part D socialized medicine bill, No Child bullcrap, massive deficits...GOP loses all credibility when they talk about how great limited gov't is, but then defend someone who expanded it more rapidly than his Democrat predecessor

And yet Republicans mentioned Reagan every chance they got. There's a reason you went to jail. Lack of common sense.

That Bush's "Quiet Service" was due to the fact that no one wants to hear what he has to say. The republicans don't want to remind people that he exists.

Its not up to the republicans to decide what kind of life or exposure Bush has post service. It is his decision, and much like many previous presidents he is choosing to leave the limelight to others. Shitty as he was he is leading an honorable life that is helping many others, deal with it. Or continue to display Booooooosh syndrome, I really dont care.

he did seem to be loved in Africa

then let him stay there

just like Carter, no humanitarian outreach can ever even out the damage done through his incompetent Presidency

lets Bin Laden hang out in a compound while kissing Musharraf's ass in Pakistan...even the inept fool in the WH now was able to handle this better

Medicare Part D socialized medicine bill, No Child bullcrap, massive deficits...GOP loses all credibility when they talk about how great limited gov't is, but then defend someone who expanded it more rapidly than his Democrat predecessor

I see no one defending his presidency. I do see many commending him for his service post presidency.

I didn't care for his politics but he did seem to be loved in Africa, kind of ironic when you consider the President we have today. I don't know how much Bush had to do with it but his tax cuts seemed to have helped the economy recover from the .com crash, the Y2K wind down and 9/11. ...

His policies and tax cuts pushed the nation and the world into the abyss of economic collapse.

that said, I like the guy. He just ran the nation into the dirt

I didn't care for his politics but he did seem to be loved in Africa, kind of ironic when you consider the President we have today. I don't know how much Bush had to do with it but his tax cuts seemed to have helped the economy recover from the .com crash, the Y2K wind down and 9/11. ...

His policies and tax cuts pushed the nation and the world into the abyss of economic collapse.

that said, I like the guy. He just ran the nation into the dirt

That is such a Line Of BS, he just happened to be the Asshole in Office when it happened. At the very best his Policies were the final Straw not the Cause. Our Problems are much Deeper set, and have been with us for a very long time in deed. There is plenty of Blame to go around, but when you get down to it, Every Congress for the last 50 Years or so played a part, and should get the Bulk of the Blame.

Bush Policy was not the Cause of the Housing Collapse, or the Collapse of the Auto Industry, His lax Regulation efforts didn't help but were not the Cause of the Financial Melt Down. That was all caused by a Combination of Bad government Policy supported buy both parties, and Bad Decisions on Wall street.

the Fact that Bush had ran up the debt with 2 Wars didn't cause that, it simply made the situation more Dire when it came.

What I find hard to understand is how you people can blame Bush for the Problem, then Defend the Spending of Another 5 Trillion in New Debt as a fix.

lol

Last edited:

That's not true at all. Bush and Clinton both left with shit approval ratings. Bush has been clear that he doesn't want to be in the game anymore and he's lived up to that. Clinton wanted to be the unofficial leader of the party and up until Obama he had done so. And after Obama, he's still going to be in a position for that.

That's not true at all. Bush and Clinton both left with shit approval ratings. Bush has been clear that he doesn't want to be in the game anymore and he's lived up to that. Clinton wanted to be the unofficial leader of the party and up until Obama he had done so. And after Obama, he's still going to be in a position for that.

No clinton won't. It's the reason he apologized over his Bain Capital comments.

Why wasn't Bush and his legacy mentioned during the primary season?

No clinton won't. It's the reason he apologized over his Bain Capital comments.

Why wasn't Bush and his legacy mentioned during the primary season?

Give me a break. Clinton knows how the game is played. He undermined Obama on Bain to get it out there and it is. Most people don't even know about Clinton's alleged apology and that's how news works son. And yes, Clinton will be in a great spot to be the unofficial leader b/c he's considered smart and Obama is considered kinda stupid really. Many revere his presidency while failure categorizes Obama's presidency. It's the same reason that Clinton has been a star while Carter wasn't even an after thought.

New Topics

Forum List

Back