George W. Bush and Jesus

Originally posted by Kathianne
First off I don't presume to speak about what God would say or do, but then again, I'm not you.

Civil, Criminal, and Tax laws are made by man, I think I'll leave God out of the whole mess.

So you think that Jesus might support a law against rape, and then again he might not. I think anyone who is honest about who Jesus was and what he thought would agree that he would be in favor of making rape illegal.

Originally posted by Socrates
So you think that Jesus might support a law against rape, and then again he might not. I think anyone who is honest about who Jesus was and what he thought would agree that he would be in favor of making rape illegal.

"Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's"

Behold, Socrates arguing himself.

I don't undertand this. Could you explain it to me?

Ill let someone else do that but are you saying that Bush is not even trying to do what he thinks is soemthing Jesus would approve of? You have neglected to mention all of the things that he has accomplished that could be described as very "Christian".
If you are saying Bush is not perfect, I will agree with you.Bush would admit it himself. Give him 4 more years--maybe he can improve on his record.

Jesus never explicitly advocated laws against rape or murder either, that doesn't mean he wouldn't have agreed with them. Given that he thought each person should care nothing about his/her own net worth and should do all he can to help those in need, it's certain that he would not choose to give a tax cut to the richest individuals in the richest country in the world rather than meet the basic needs of the downtrodden. [/B]

It's certain, is it? What is your scriptural basis for that certainty? The only thing I'm certain of is that you are trying to use Jesus' teaching to support an extremely progressive tax policy, when such teachings do not exist. If you want to advocate that kind of tax policy, great, but don't try to justify it based on a teaching that Jesus never gave.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
It's certain, is it? What is your scriptural basis for that certainty? The only thing I'm certain of is that you are trying to use Jesus' teaching to support an extremely progressive tax policy, when such teachings do not exist. If you want to advocate that kind of tax policy, great, but don't try to justify it based on a teaching that Jesus never gave.

Jeff - his whole thread has been about doing just that.

Jesus Christ as one-third of the godhead would certainly have enough intelligence to speak of rape or abortion in his gospels. But maybe Jesus wasn't thinking about anything but saving sinners for without those who sin there would be no rapists or abortionists.

So apparently Jesus was in favor of abortion and rape so his shed blood could simply and with no cost save them..

Makes sense alright.....

Forum List

Back