George Soros's Media Matters: Time to drop fox

islamicrageboyfoxnewsco.jpg

Interesting how "truthmatters" believes it is ok to curtail the free speech of others because it doesn't suit her political agenda. Is this a standard belief among the lefties? Do they want to silence all of us simply because we disagree with their version of the 'truth'?

They can go for it with Fox - try it. Because there are millions of Americans who watch Fox. And they can use phones, and emails, and letter writing, and twitter and social networking just as well as anyone on the left.

I suggest that Media Matters may want to reconsider this very stupid plan.

Not so much Media Matters, but rather the advertisers who go along with the boycott.

And if TDM works for the truth then Palin is a goddess and believe me, Palin is no goddess.

Immie

I almost never tune into Fox News programming.

But to whatever extent Soros tries this shit, you can bet your bottom dollar that I WILL now not only tune into Fox News, but I will fully and heartily patronize their advertisers.

Since I don't watch them either, I was hoping for a list of advertisers that go along with MediaMatters. If any one should see one, I for one, would appreciate a heads up.

Immie

Interesting how the left are all over Fox for unethical behavior, and yet, the silence is deafening when it comes to commenting on how our Congress has become more unethical under Pelosi than Delay. Why is that?

That's because Congress is forcing their agenda on us and well Fox gives an alternative point of view.

They are just insecure. Can't handle other ideas.

LOl, they tried this with Rush Limbaugh and all it did was INCREASE his listening audience.

you would think they would learn,

you just gotta laugh.:lol:

The campaign to get advertisers to drop Beck has been going for over a year. Hasn't done him much harm.... in fact, quite the opposite. This stupidity will have the same outcome.

Heck, Even MSNBC is advertising during Beck. I found that quite amusing.

But to whatever extent Soros tries this shit, you can bet your bottom dollar that I WILL now not only tune into Fox News, but I will fully and heartily patronize their advertisers.

Nor do I, but I absolutely will wade in with the Fox campaign to destroy Media Matters' campaign.

Here's an idea, we could find a new small advertiser on Fox and organize a campaign to patronize that one business. It sends a bigger message if it's concentrated. I'm not much of a fan of Fox, but I abhor Soros and the progressive tactic of organized boycott and intimidation of companies that are looking to communicate with consumers.

Jane Akre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why dont you already know this fact?

Whistleblower lawsuit
In 1997, Wilson and Akre began work on a story regarding the agricultural biotechnology company Monsanto and recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH), a milk additive that had been approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration but also blamed for a number of health issues. Wilson and Akre planned a four part investigative report on Monsanto's use of rBGH, which prompted Monsanto to write to Roger Ailes, president of Fox News Channel, in an attempt to have the report reviewed for bias and because of the "enormous damage that can be done" as a result of the report.[

gadzooks...those bastards!!! Holy bovine buffoonery batman...what now?

oh wait..:eusa_shhh:

The Top 10 Journalism Scandals of the 2000s

From Allegations of Bias to Stories That Were Just Made Up

1. Fabrication & Plagiarism at The New York Times: Jayson Blair

2. Dan Rather, CBS News and George Bush's Service Record

3. CNN and Sugarcoated Coverage of Saddam Hussein

4. Jack Kelley and Fabricated Stories at USA Today

5. Military Analysts Who Weren't As Impartial As They Appeared

6. The Bush Administration and the Columnists on its Payroll

7. The New York Times, John McCain and the Lobbyist

8. Rick Bragg and a Controversy Over Bylines

9. The Los Angeles Times, Arnold Schwarzenegger and 'Gropegate

10. Carl Cameron, Fox News and John Kerry

details at the link-

Journalism Scandals - The Top 10 Journalism Scandals of the 2000s

Right after putting Juan Williams scalp under his belt, Soros is going after big game: Fox and Glenn Beck

His front group, Media Matters is organizing a Jihad against Fox advertisers.

Does he not understand Free Press? Does he think he's working for the Nazis again?

"Dear Friend,

We've watched as Fox News has gone from a conservative-leaning news source to an active political player -- but over the last two years, Fox has taken an even darker turn, aggressively pushing outright lies, over-the-top attacks, conspiracy theories, and heated, violent rhetoric. This sharp turn for the worse is epitomized by Glenn Beck, the self-described "progressive hunter" who paints the network's political adversaries as poisonous threats to freedom, faith and the Constitution.

Beck's falsehoods and dark prophecies of the nation's destruction have already had dangerous consequences. Beck's message inspired Byron Williams to embark on a mission of violence -- an attempt to "start a revolution" by killing staff at progressive organizations, including frequent Beck target the Tides Foundation.

Advertisers who sponsor Fox programming aren't just putting ads on a television network. They're actively paying to support a toxic force in our political climate, enabling the worst kind of incitement and deliberate misinformation.

Thousands of you have signed up to join our campaign to get advertisers to drop Fox. Companies who sponsor Fox need to make a choice. And they need to hear that from you.

You can join our campaign to tell advertisers to Drop Fox today."

Time to Drop Fox Point/Counterpoint

In short?

"Holy shit! The Conservatives are onto US..."

What else could it be?

Fox certainly has the advantage that they will do ANYTHING.

Just like they paid the Big Bucks in court to have the right to LIE to their viewers.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us all by including in your rants the number and names of the major media outlets who filed briefs of Amici Curiae (friend of FOX) to support FOX’s position?

You know what? Never mind, I'll save you the trouble...

There were five of them supporting Fox News' position in the lawsuit. Belo Corporation, Cox Television, Inc., Gannett Co., Inc., Media General Operations, Inc., and Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc.

Better stop reading Newsweek and the Washington Post. Better stop reading USA Today. You should probably avoid tuning in to any number of ABC, NBC, and CBS affiliates owned by Belo across the country. The same goes for Cox and Media General.

I'd be willing to bet that there many other media bigs that silently supported Fox's position in the lawsuit because the real truth is, the suit was less about lying and more about the order to pay damages and Fox's belief that damages were not deserved based on the law as it was written. They were right, according to the court.

Let me amend this:

It was less about lying and more about the Whistle Blower law and how it applies to the media, the FCC, and the damages awarded. The court agreed.

Last edited:

Just like they paid the Big Bucks in court to have the right to LIE to their viewers.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us all by including in your rants the number and names of the major media outlets who filed briefs of Amici Curiae (friend of FOX) to support FOX’s position?

There were five of them supporting Fox News' position in the lawsuit. Belo Corporation, Cox Television, Inc., Gannett Co., Inc., Media General Operations, Inc., and Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc.

Better stop reading Newsweek and the Washington Post. Better stop reading USA Today. You should probably avoid tuning in to any number of ABC, NBC, and CBS affiliates owned by Belo across the country. The same goes for Cox and Media General.

I'd be willing to bet that there many other media bigs that silently supported Fox's position in the lawsuit because the real truth is, the suit was less about lying and more about the order to pay damages and Fox's belief that damages were not deserved based on the law as it was written. They were right, according to the court.

Let me amend this:

It was less about lying and more about the Whistle Blower law and how it applies to the media, the FCC, and the damages awarded. The court agreed.

Yep. It's an inconvenient truth for truthmatters. That's because she has not told the full story.... possibly because the full story would make a mockery of her username.

Let me amend this:

Yep. It's an inconvenient truth for truthmatters. That's because she has not told the full story.... possibly because the full story would make a mockery of her username.
as if her posts haven't done enough of that already

Forum List

Back