George Patton quotes for this Friday.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've read a couple of books on Patton and for all his warts, controversies and the like, there is one certainty, he worked to get the job done and had the fighting spirit. In fact, he was a student of war and tactics, going back centuries.

Oh, and I'm no War Hawk, but I think certain qualities are important in dangerous times. Patton embodied many of these qualities.

Here are some of his quotes to motivate on this Friday (George S. Patton Quotes - BrainyQuote):

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever lose a war.

Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever lose a war.

In a parallel universe somewhere, Patton and MacArthur shook hands as their armies met on the flats of Mongolia in the summer of 1947.

That's how it should have played out here. A world without commies would be heaven.

Patton was a tactical genius and a political moron
MacArthur was no better

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.
If we had taken Russia decades of Cold War would have never existed and all of the lives and money lost could have been used for good.

We lost no lives in the Cold War with USSR

An invasion of Russia would have cost hundreds of thousand of lives to obtain an objective we won anyway

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.
If we had taken Russia decades of Cold War would have never existed and all of the lives and money lost could have been used for good.

An invasion of Russia would have cost hundreds of thousand of lives to obtain an objective we won anyway

Korea, Vietnam, all the little brush wars we fought in.

Just because we weren't fighting them directly doesn't mean we weren't fighting them via proxies.

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

You also forgot the pesky little KAL 007 shootdown.

I've read a couple of books on Patton and for all his warts, controversies and the like, there is one certainty, he worked to get the job done and had the fighting spirit. In fact, he was a student of war and tactics, going back centuries.

Oh, and I'm no War Hawk, but I think certain qualities are important in dangerous times. Patton embodied many of these qualities.

Here are some of his quotes to motivate on this Friday (George S. Patton Quotes - BrainyQuote):

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

You ever read the one book on his biography? That one was massive almost as long as the oonne I read on Einstein.

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

You moron. America lost tens of thousands of lives in the Cold War. Training accidents, operational accidents, etc etc. Hell, just in the Berlin Airlift alone we had 76 casualties. The world was a blink away from all out nuclear war in 1963.

I most prefer a Kenneth McAuliffe quote.

. In December, 1944, due to the absence of General Maxwell D. Taylor, he was acting Commander of the 101st Airborne Division and other attached troops during the siege of Bastogne, Belgium. When they became surrounded and the Germans demanded their surrender, he sent back a one-word reply "NUTS." This is probably the most famous quote of World War II. In 1945, he commanded the 103rd Infantry Division until the end of the war in Europe.

“We’re surrounded. That simplifies the problem.”
“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
– Chesty Puller, USMC

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

You moron. America lost tens of thousands of lives in the Cold War. Training accidents, operational accidents, etc etc. Hell, just in the Berlin Airlift alone we had 76 casualties. The world was a blink away from all out nuclear war in 1963.

Compared to the hundreds of thousands we would have lost by invading Russia?

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

We had a stupid shootdown of an Iranian passenger jet too

Itchy trigger finger

Patton was the man. The quintessential soldier. Ultimately, the PC became afraid of him. If I remember right, he claimed throughout his life that he had lived many other lives, each one a military commander. That he was born and reborn time and again to win battles over and over throughout the ages. I think I believe him.

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

You idiot. In 1945 the Soviet army was a tiny shell and was totally dependent upon American weapons and ammunition. The population hated Stalin, Russians were doing their best to get to the West. We could have taken Moscow in a week.

You show why I hate public education. They never teach important things and idiots like you go off on uneducated rants.

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

Itchy trigger finger
There you go again, uneducated rants.

A passenger jet taking off in the middle of a battle has only one outcome. That blip with no IFF is going down.

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

You idiot. In 1945 the Soviet army was a tiny shell and was totally dependent upon American weapons and ammunition. The population hated Stalin, Russians were doing their best to get to the West. We could have taken Moscow in a week.

You show why I hate public education. They never teach important things and idiots like you go off on uneducated rants.

The Soviets had the best armored divisions in the war and knew how to use them. They also had superior artillery
They also knew the terrain they would be fighting on

Russia had already taken 20 million losses...they could withstand another million
The American public would have never stood for another 100,000 losses to conquer a former ally

MacArthur was no better
Political genius.

Itchy trigger finger
There you go again, uneducated rants.

A passenger jet taking off in the middle of a battle has only one outcome. That blip with no IFF is going down.

What battle?

Forum List

Back