George Bush's decapitated head appears in Game of Thrones

yea yea qarth....

o give me a break.....some smart ass prop person did this....they most likely leaked it to the media...what fun is a prank if no one notices

You can't make this shit up....

Yes, and I'm sure if that was Obama's head on a stake, you'd have the exact same reaction. Just a little laugh, an "You can't make this up" comment. The lefties wouldn't be jumping out of their skins with acusations of calls for violence, racism and blatant disrespect...no, not at all...:eusa_whistle:

If any self respecting American currently pays for HBO, they should cancel it immediately.
You're a dope.

Yet another brilliant, well reasoned retort from the president of the debating team. :cuckoo:

Yes, and I'm sure if that was Obama's head on a stake, you'd have the exact same reaction. Just a little laugh, an "You can't make this up" comment. The lefties wouldn't be jumping out of their skins with acusations of calls for violence, racism and blatant disrespect...no, not at all...:eusa_whistle:

If any self respecting American currently pays for HBO, they should cancel it immediately.
You're a dope.

Yet another brilliant, well reasoned retort from the president of the debating team. :cuckoo:
You're still a dope.

yea yea qarth....

o give me a break.....some smart ass prop person did this....they most likely leaked it to the media...what fun is a prank if no one notices

I think you are probably correct.

But to whatever extent it was deliberate, it was still a tawdry shit-ass thing to do.
Question: did you click the link and read those things that we call words?

Never liked the show.

And this is completely disrepectful..and disgusting.
Nah. This only came to light because they opened their big mouths. It wasn't as if a viewer noticed it. Therefore, it wasn't noticeably.

Still. While I don't think there should be any legislation against it..Presidents deserve respect..and this should not have been done.

Satire is one thing. Wishing the death of a President..by showing his decapitated head is another thing entirely.

This was a mean spirited and disrepectful thing to do.

This is why I read rather than paying ridiculous rates for HBO.

I don't have to put up with idiot film makers pushing their political agenda at my expense.

Nothing says political agenda like a fleeting side shot of a Bush head with a wig in a Sci-Fi show that 99% of show watchers never saw and 99% don't care about.

:eusa_eh:

not many black people in europe at the time.

Is there some basis on which you can base a belief that Game of Thrones takes place in Europe? Even the books are quite explicit in not taking place in Europe. Does the map reflect Europe? Any countries? Did Europe at any time have a winter 6 years long or a summer 9 years long?

Or, are you just exhibiting your ignorance one more time.

While I have little doubt that had it been Obama's or Clinton's head instead of Bush's the positions people have taken in this thread would likely be the complete reverse, it is funny to see people who generally dislike political correctness getting themselves all worked up over this nonsense.

They've actually acknowledged it was in poor taste..

"We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste," the network wrote on their Facebook page. "We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologized immediately for this inadvertent careless mistake. We are sorry this happened and will have it removed from any future DVD production."

Something else to pretend to be outraged over! Weeeeeee!

If it's true..it's pretty outrageous.

I didn't like Bush's policies..or what he did.

But he is due all the respect that should be given any President of the United States.

Criticism is fine.

This is just plain idiocy.

Is it? If this truly outrages anyone they need to get their head checked (pun definitely intended)

This is why I read rather than paying ridiculous rates for HBO.

I don't have to put up with idiot film makers pushing their political agenda at my expense.

Nothing says political agenda like a fleeting side shot of a Bush head with a wig in a Sci-Fi show that 99% of show watchers never saw and 99% don't care about.

:eusa_eh:

Then why bother to put it in at all?

As I said HBO is a fucking rip off anyway. I read the entire series years ago and I might have rented the DVDs. Don't know if I'll bother now.

Never liked the show.

And this is completely disrepectful..and disgusting.
Nah. This only came to light because they opened their big mouths. It wasn't as if a viewer noticed it. Therefore, it wasn't noticeably.

Still. While I don't think there should be any legislation against it..Presidents deserve respect..and this should not have been done.

Satire is one thing. Wishing the death of a President..by showing his decapitated head is another thing entirely.

This was a mean spirited and disrepectful thing to do.
Which didn't happen. Read the linked piece. Look at the photo. They have him looking away, with a long stringy wig on.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Not everything is a slight. They needed a head. They had one of Dubya. They used it, and disguised it so well that none of the millions of people who saw it recognized it as Shrub. Their ONLY crime is mentioning it on the DVD commentary.

Non-issue.

Forum List

Back