George Bush, the Environmentalist

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Did you notice the belated response to his statements in Maine today? Even his hand-picked crowd of supporters couldn't at first respond to the bullshit they were hearing. They had to be double prompted.

It's very clear that GWB always insists on his most trustworthy supporters as his audience when he reluctantly agrees to speak publically. But today was his hallmark of things to come. He is now an Environmentalist.

I can only guess that his "compassionate conservative" self proclamation is in deep trouble, his "no child left behind" lies are more than exposed and his "uniter, not a divider" baloney is known worldwide as well as here in the homeland. Tsk, tsk.

Four more years of this jerk and we're all toast, my friends.

I'll toast to 4 more years of him. Each and every time I spend my tax refund. Each and every time I travel throught Grand Central Station without a bomb going off. Each and every time I fill up at the gas pump for a measely $2 a gallon (as opposed to twice that in Europe). Each and every time I oil the barrel of my gun. Each and every time I walk the ground at zero where I watched him coach a nation back to its feet. Each and every time I hear that stock bell ring...

Originally posted by Moi
I'll toast to 4 more years of him. Each and every time I spend my tax refund. Each and every time I travel throught Grand Central Station without a bomb going off. Each and every time I fill up at the gas pump for a measely $2 a gallon (as opposed to twice that in Europe). Each and every time I oil the barrel of my gun. Each and every time I walk the ground at zero where I watched him coach a nation back to its feet. Each and every time I hear that stock bell ring...

So GW is enriching you? Good for you. He isn't enriching me.

Europeans have been paying close to 5 bucks a gallon FOR YEARS. I was last there when I visited Spain in '98 and that's how much it was then. Furthermore, gas prices will hit an all time high in our country this summer. What about it? Well, at least you admit that this war is about oil, in part at least. :D

Oiling your gun? That's irrelevant.

"Each and every time I walk the ground at zero where I watched him coach a nation back to its feet"-huh? You mean Rudy?

Originally posted by nycflasher
So GW is enriching you? Good for you. He isn't enriching me.

Europeans have been paying close to 5 bucks a gallon FOR YEARS. I was last there when I visited Spain in '98 and that's how much it was then. Furthermore, gas prices will hit an all time high in our country this summer. What about it? Well, at least you admit that this war is about oil, in part at least. :D

Oiling your gun? That's irrelevant.

"Each and every time I walk the ground at zero where I watched him coach a nation back to its feet"-huh? You mean Rudy?
Considering that the tax rates were reduced for everyone you'd have to have paid no taxes to not benefit. Oh wait, even people who DIDN'T PAY taxes received a refund!

My gun may be irrelevant to you, but it sure as hell isn't to me. It's one of the very few rights completely elaborated in the constitution which affects me. So yes, I thank those who uphold the constitution every time I touch it. Don't forget he does appoint judges who may someday defend my right to own it.

I never said this war was in any way about oil. You must have beer goggles on. What I said was that we do not have the same high prices as europe which, thanks to the president, I can buy with my tax refund.

I loved Rudy before, during and after 9/11 your clever dismissal of our president notwithstanding. However, unless you were standing there that day, you've really no clue.

Originally posted by Moi

The reason the gas prices are cheaper here because we buy in bulk. Europe doesnt really do much driving since the whole continent isnt even the size of the whole US. That and they have a better mass transit system then we do again because of the size.

Spoken like a truly indoctrinated Republicrat, Moi. Did you ever notice that your "refund" was paid back in '03? How many bombs went off in GCS prior to GWB? I know of some very serious ones that were utilized elsewhere since his appointment, don't you know? I also understand completely that the previous prez was ostracized over and over again for fighting terror by the same people that now claim to be so supportive of such a war. Hypocrisy, I didn't really say that, or did I? It's easily discernable. I certainly lubricate my own utensils of self protection and game harvesting and I've never felt threatened beyond propaganda that I might lose that ability. Common sense, it's not complicated at all, my friend. The "coach" lost the support of many of those that wanted so badly to believe in him since that very poorly orchestrated event. But, we can't win them all, don't you agree?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
But, we can't win them all, don't you agree?
No, actually I don't. I think this country wins every time. I will never say this country is perfect but it's a damn site better than any other and this president is better than the last on so many levels.

But we're still here. Despite the arguments, the attacks, the mistakes, the grandstanding, the economy, the stock market, whatever. And the world my son inherits will be a better place than mine or my mother's or my grandmother's or my great-grandmother's because of that one fact.

The United States of America is here.

Originally posted by Moi

I loved Rudy before, during and after 9/11 your clever dismissal of our president notwithstanding. However, unless you were standing there that day, you've really no clue.

Maybe you missed the nyc in my screenname, or some of my other posts, but my apartment is on Ludlow St. which is about a 5-10 min. walk from the former WTC. I don't think most people think of 43 when they think of who "coached a nation back to it's feet," more likely they think of Rudy and I'm not a Rep. Moreover, us New Yorkers coached eachother back to our feet. The nation as well. Terrorists can't triumph over our American spirit. I don't hate Bush, but I certainly don't credit him with getting me through the most tragic time of my life. I credit mostly the people in my neighborhood and circle of friends.

Originally posted by insein
The reason the gas prices are cheaper here because we buy in bulk. Europe doesnt really do much driving since the whole continent isnt even the size of the whole US. That and they have a better mass transit system then we do again because of the size.

Good point. I never was sure why gas was so expensive over there, but then again, I never really looked into it. Silly me.

Maybe you missed the nyc in my screenname, or some of my other posts, but my apartment is on Ludlow St. which is about a 5-10 min. walk from the former WTC. I don't think most people think of 43 when they think of who "coached a nation back to it's feet," more likely they think of Rudy and I'm not a Rep. Moreover, us New Yorkers coached eachother back to our feet. The nation as well. Terrorists can't triumph over our American spirit. I don't hate Bush, but I certainly don't credit him with getting me through the most tragic time of my life. I credit mostly the people in my neighborhood and circle of friends.
Then perhaps you should have learned not to belittle other people's support system. For many people, the fact that our President went there means a lot. The fact that he did not run and hide means a lot to many people. He stood on he burning ground with us.

I don't care what the hell political bent anyone there had. The fact that Senator Schuman was there means a lot to me. I told him that to his face. I wouldn't let anyone disrespect him either. And I can't stand the guy's politics.

And, Moi, thank God for Patriots like you and me we'll remain as Americans as long as our principles are respected and held up as examples for the rest of the world to witness. But unlike you, I think our principles have been violated inexcuseably by the present administration and I think American credibility will suffer for years because of it. I don't expect you to agree with that but I respect your viewpoint and contribution. My purpose is to illuminate and expand American Democracy. I don't cotton to any diminishment of it. Do you?

Originally posted by Moi
Then perhaps you should have learned not to belittle other people's support system. For many people, the fact that our President went there means a lot. The fact that he did not run and hide means a lot to many people. He stood on he burning ground with us.

I don't care what the hell political bent anyone there had. The fact that Senator Schuman was there means a lot to me. I told him that to his face. I wouldn't let anyone disrespect him either. And I can't stand the guy's politics.

I didn't mean to belittle your support system, sorry.
Noit sure who Senator Schuman is, but I'm guessing he's the distinguished gentleman from Arizona?;)

IMO, Bush had to go there! I mean, what would it mean if he didn't? It would be like not showing up at a close relatives' funeral. But I see the importance, especially for those outside of NY.

Did you notice the belated response to his statements in Maine today? Even his hand-picked crowd of supporters couldn't at first respond to the bullshit they were hearing. They had to be double prompted.

It's very clear that GWB always insists on his most trustworthy supporters as his audience when he reluctantly agrees to speak publically. But today was his hallmark of things to come. He is now an Environmentalist...

Yep, election year politics. He's protecting the wetlands to makeup for all the drilling he wants to do in Alaska:D

I wanna see him hugging a fucking Oak!

GWB is no tree hugger, nycflasher, and he shouldn't be. But he'll parade around and pretend to whatever crowd he can gather. Even his actions in Maine today are being seriously questioned by many conservatives. Pandering to us liberals by GWB is not pleasing many right wingers. But his pandering does demonstrate his inclination to be something other than honest, don't you agree?

GWB is no tree hugger, nycflasher, and he shouldn't be. But he'll parade around and pretend to whatever crowd he can gather. Even his actions in Maine today are being seriously questioned by many conservatives. Pandering to us liberals by GWB is not pleasing many right wingers. But his pandering does demonstrate his inclination to be something other than honest, don't you agree?

Politics is politics. All i care about is that he has followed through on what he said he would. He has brought the fight to the terrorists. He has given us all tax cuts. The economy is vastly improved from the 99-02 drop off. And he has never budged once in the face of great adversity. He has always stood firm on his promises.

Originally posted by insein
Politics is politics. All i care about is that he has followed through on what he said he would. He has brought the fight to the terrorists. He has given us all tax cuts. The economy is vastly improved from the 99-02 drop off. And he has never budged once in the face of great adversity. He has always stood firm on his promises.

I need to go to bed, but one more comment so as not to leave you hanging:

All i care about is that he has followed through on what he said he would- sources?

He has always stood firm on his promises.
-sources?

Yep, he endorsed a tax cut that somehow escaped me although I am a middle income American. Were it not for intervention from the Democrats I wouldn't even have gotten the $300 "loan" in 2002. On the other hand, my neighbor who is well connected and well healed likes to brag that he reaped millions. But he still refuses to pay his hired hands more than minimum wage or as close to it as he can.

Bill Clinton brought the fight to the terrorists over and over again. And over and over again he was stifled by an unwilling and partisan Republican congress. History reveals all that.

The economy, as far as the stock market is concerned is about where it was when GWB took office except that now we have a national deficit that is unprecedented in the history of our country. In the '70's and '80's the Republicans ran for reducing the deficit, now they embrace it for all they're worth. Debt is debt, but you tell it like you know it, OK?

We have over 3 million less jobs now than we did in late 2000 and early 2001. And many of the jobs we still have pay less than they did in 2000. Explain all that away, insein? This country cannot sustain it's standard of living or it's primary expertise relying on a service economy, can you not understand that at all, insein?

I can't think of a single promise the man ever made during his campaign that he has fulfilled. Please enlighten me.

I need to go to bed, but one more comment so as not to leave you hanging:

All i care about is that he has followed through on what he said he would- sources?

He has always stood firm on his promises.
-sources?

Gladly.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030107.html

Taking Action to Strengthen America’s Economy

On January 7, 2003, President Bush announced a growth and jobs plan to strengthen the American economy, and he called on Congress to act swiftly to pass it.

The President’s economic plan has three main goals:
Encourage consumer spending that will continue to boost the economic recovery and create jobs.
Promote investment by individuals and businesses that will lead to economic growth and job creation.
Deliver critical help to unemployed citizens.

The President’s new proposal would:
Speed up the 2001 tax cuts to increase the pace of the recovery and job creation.
Encourage job-creating investment in America’s businesses by ending the double taxation of dividends and giving small businesses incentives to grow.
Provide help for unemployed Americans, including extending unemployment benefits and creating new re-employment accounts to help displaced workers get back on the job.

Who benefits under the President’s plan?
Everyone who pays taxes—especially middle-income Americans—as tax rate reductions passed by Congress in 2001 are made effective immediately. Middle-income families will receive additional relief from accelerated reduction of the marriage penalty, a faster increase in the child tax credit, and immediate implementation of the new, lower 10 percent tax bracket.
Everyone who invests in the stock market and receives dividend income—especially seniors—will benefit from elimination of the double taxation on dividends. About half of all dividend income goes to America’s seniors, who often rely on those checks for a steady source of retirement income.
Every small business owner who purchases equipment to grow and expand will get assistance through an increase in the expensing limits from $25,000 to $75,000.
Every worker who has lost his or her job and qualifies for unemployment benefits will get more help, and many will qualify for new, more flexible Personal Re-employment Accounts, which provide a bonus if they find work quickly.

Followed through.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/01/20020129-11.html

Our second goal is to prevent regimes that sponsor terror from threatening America or our friends and allies with weapons of mass destruction. Some of these regimes have been pretty quiet since September the 11th. But we know their true nature. North Korea is a regime arming with missiles and weapons of mass destruction, while starving its citizens.

Iran aggressively pursues these weapons and exports terror, while an unelected few repress the Iranian people's hope for freedom.

Iraq continues to flaunt its hostility toward America and to support terror. The Iraqi regime has plotted to develop anthrax, and nerve gas, and nuclear weapons for over a decade. This is a regime that has already used poison gas to murder thousands of its own citizens -- leaving the bodies of mothers huddled over their dead children. This is a regime that agreed to international inspections -- then kicked out the inspectors. This is a regime that has something to hide from the civilized world.

We have taken out said regime in Iraq. Iran and North Korea are being worked on.

Everything he said he would do, he has done or is the process of doing.

Yep, he endorsed a tax cut that somehow escaped me although I am a middle income American. Were it not for intervention from the Democrats I wouldn't even have gotten the $300 "loan" in 2002. On the other hand, my neighbor who is well connected and well healed likes to brag that he reaped millions. But he still refuses to pay his hired hands more than minimum wage or as close to it as he can.

Bill Clinton brought the fight to the terrorists over and over again. And over and over again he was stifled by an unwilling and partisan Republican congress. History reveals all that.

The economy, as far as the stock market is concerned is about where it was when GWB took office except that now we have a national deficit that is unprecedented in the history of our country. In the '70's and '80's the Republicans ran for reducing the deficit, now they embrace it for all they're worth. Debt is debt, but you tell it like you know it, OK?

We have over 3 million less jobs now than we did in late 2000 and early 2001. And many of the jobs we still have pay less than they did in 2000. Explain all that away, insein? This country cannot sustain it's standard of living or it's primary expertise relying on a service economy, can you not understand that at all, insein?

I can't think of a single promise the man ever made during his campaign that he has fulfilled. Please enlighten me.

Sheesh apparently you dont pay attention. IT was a recession and we lost 3 million jobs. But what about the ones that replaced them? What about the new ones that have been created?

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/april/0406_bush_small_biz.shtml

Theres some job creation and some whining about it from Lead democrats. Why is good news always bad for democrats? Why is having people keep more of their hard earned money bad for Democrats? Why is keeping our country safe from animals in other countries bad for Democrats? I guess it rhetorical. You want to better the nation but in your own way. If the nation gets better but its not your way, then it has to be wrong.

Everything that you posted, insein, is rather like you, insane. Those figures and stats have been refuted and proven statistically inaccurate time and time again. But you never saw any of that, did you, insein? Sorry, fella, I can't open the eyes of those who refuse to see.

Forum List

Back