George Bush, the Environmentalist

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Did you notice the belated response to his statements in Maine today? Even his hand-picked crowd of supporters couldn't at first respond to the bullshit they were hearing. They had to be double prompted.

It's very clear that GWB always insists on his most trustworthy supporters as his audience when he reluctantly agrees to speak publically. But today was his hallmark of things to come. He is now an Environmentalist.

I can only guess that his "compassionate conservative" self proclamation is in deep trouble, his "no child left behind" lies are more than exposed and his "uniter, not a divider" baloney is known worldwide as well as here in the homeland. Tsk, tsk.

Four more years of this jerk and we're all toast, my friends.

2. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'll toast to 4 more years of him. Each and every time I spend my tax refund. Each and every time I travel throught Grand Central Station without a bomb going off. Each and every time I fill up at the gas pump for a measely $2 a gallon (as opposed to twice that in Europe). Each and every time I oil the barrel of my gun. Each and every time I walk the ground at zero where I watched him coach a nation back to its feet. Each and every time I hear that stock bell ring...

3. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    So GW is enriching you? Good for you. He isn't enriching me.

Europeans have been paying close to 5 bucks a gallon FOR YEARS. I was last there when I visited Spain in '98 and that's how much it was then. Furthermore, gas prices will hit an all time high in our country this summer. What about it? Well, at least you admit that this war is about oil, in part at least. :D

Oiling your gun? That's irrelevant.

"Each and every time I walk the ground at zero where I watched him coach a nation back to its feet"-huh? You mean Rudy?

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Considering that the tax rates were reduced for everyone you'd have to have paid no taxes to not benefit. Oh wait, even people who DIDN'T PAY taxes received a refund!

My gun may be irrelevant to you, but it sure as hell isn't to me. It's one of the very few rights completely elaborated in the constitution which affects me. So yes, I thank those who uphold the constitution every time I touch it. Don't forget he does appoint judges who may someday defend my right to own it.

I never said this war was in any way about oil. You must have beer goggles on. What I said was that we do not have the same high prices as europe which, thanks to the president, I can buy with my tax refund.

I loved Rudy before, during and after 9/11 your clever dismissal of our president notwithstanding. However, unless you were standing there that day, you've really no clue.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    The reason the gas prices are cheaper here because we buy in bulk. Europe doesnt really do much driving since the whole continent isnt even the size of the whole US. That and they have a better mass transit system then we do again because of the size.

6. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Spoken like a truly indoctrinated Republicrat, Moi. Did you ever notice that your "refund" was paid back in '03? How many bombs went off in GCS prior to GWB? I know of some very serious ones that were utilized elsewhere since his appointment, don't you know? I also understand completely that the previous prez was ostracized over and over again for fighting terror by the same people that now claim to be so supportive of such a war. Hypocrisy, I didn't really say that, or did I? It's easily discernable. I certainly lubricate my own utensils of self protection and game harvesting and I've never felt threatened beyond propaganda that I might lose that ability. Common sense, it's not complicated at all, my friend. The "coach" lost the support of many of those that wanted so badly to believe in him since that very poorly orchestrated event. But, we can't win them all, don't you agree?

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    No, actually I don't. I think this country wins every time. I will never say this country is perfect but it's a damn site better than any other and this president is better than the last on so many levels.

But we're still here. Despite the arguments, the attacks, the mistakes, the grandstanding, the economy, the stock market, whatever. And the world my son inherits will be a better place than mine or my mother's or my grandmother's or my great-grandmother's because of that one fact.

The United States of America is here.

8. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Maybe you missed the nyc in my screenname, or some of my other posts, but my apartment is on Ludlow St. which is about a 5-10 min. walk from the former WTC. I don't think most people think of 43 when they think of who "coached a nation back to it's feet," more likely they think of Rudy and I'm not a Rep. Moreover, us New Yorkers coached eachother back to our feet. The nation as well. Terrorists can't triumph over our American spirit. I don't hate Bush, but I certainly don't credit him with getting me through the most tragic time of my life. I credit mostly the people in my neighborhood and circle of friends.

9. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Good point. I never was sure why gas was so expensive over there, but then again, I never really looked into it. Silly me.

10. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Then perhaps you should have learned not to belittle other people's support system. For many people, the fact that our President went there means a lot. The fact that he did not run and hide means a lot to many people. He stood on he burning ground with us.

I don't care what the hell political bent anyone there had. The fact that Senator Schuman was there means a lot to me. I told him that to his face. I wouldn't let anyone disrespect him either. And I can't stand the guy's politics.