George Bush is a liar & will lose

Wow, now that's a compelling argument.

:rotflmao:

facts don't need a compelling argument to support them

Originally posted by boss

Then show us the facts on specifically what he lied about. Then show us the facts that support your argument that Bush is going to lose.

Thanks

Originally posted by boss

You are having difficulty separating fact from hope.

Yes. Hope may spring eternal, but the facts are the facts. Poor sad confused liberal. You make me cry. I will pray for your brain to get an upgrade from god.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Yes. Hope may spring eternal, but the facts are the facts. Poor sad confused liberal. You make me cry. I will pray for your brain to get an upgrade from god.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Christ-Almighty..another yahoo-runaway. no proof, no manners, no brains= short USMB lifespan

sample lie: iraq was an imminent threat to US
...funny thing about lying: it only takes one to make you a liar
we'll check facts in November...
thanks for pinning me as a liberal after 2 sentances on this board...that kind of ignorance from existing members = short USMB lifespan
save your tears & prayers for someone else...maybe yourself when you realize it's moderates like me who W has alienated and will strip him of office

Give it up.

Bush NEVER said that the Iraq threat was imminent. What he said in the 2003 STOTU address is that we needed to act before the threat became imminent.

Certain media outlets and anti-Bush groups have spun an urban myth.

2002 STOTU Transcript

Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike? If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words, and all recriminations would come too late. Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option.

Iraq[saddam] is no longer a threat to anyone. as for what people say about you...act like a child, get treated as such....still waiting for proof of statements...

quick fact: STOTU is not the only time your president has opened his mouth...or one of his mouthpeices

also notice I didnt' put quotes on the phrase "imminent threat"...unlike uninformed Bush bashers I know the man can use big words....even synonyms...

stand by...

"Some have argued that the nuclear threat from Iraq is not imminent - that Saddam is at least 5-7 years away from having nuclear weapons. I would not be so certain. And we should be just as concerned about the immediate threat from biological weapons. Iraq has these weapons."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/18/02

"No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/19/02

"Saddam Hussein is a threat to America."
• President Bush, 11/3/02

"I see a significant threat to the security of the United States in Iraq."
• President Bush, 11/1/02

"There is real threat, in my judgment, a real and dangerous threat to American in Iraq in the form of Saddam Hussein."
• President Bush, 10/28/02

"The Iraqi regime is a serious and growing threat to peace."
• President Bush, 10/16/02

"There are many dangers in the world, the threat from Iraq stands alone because it gathers the most serious dangers of our age in one place. Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists."
• President Bush, 10/7/02

"The Iraqi regime is a threat of unique urgency."
• President Bush, 10/2/02

"There's a grave threat in Iraq. There just is."
• President Bush, 10/2/02

"This man poses a much graver threat than anybody could have possibly imagined."
• President Bush, 9/26/02

"This is about imminent threat."
• White House spokesman Scott McClellan, 2/10/03

Iraq is "a serious threat to our country, to our friends and to our allies."
• Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/31/03

Iraq poses "terrible threats to the civilized world."
• Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/30/03

Iraq "threatens the United States of America."
• Vice President Cheney, 1/30/03

"Iraq poses a serious and mounting threat to our country. His regime has the design for a nuclear weapon, was working on several different methods of enriching uranium, and recently was discovered seeking significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 1/29/03

"Well, of course he is.”
• White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett responding to the question “is Saddam an imminent threat to U.S. interests, either in that part of the world or to Americans right here at home?”, 1/26/03

All you have done is to show that the Administration was consistent in viewing Iraq as a threat - and given Saddam now being out of power, that the Administration successfully eliminated the threat.

Thanks for playing!

wench you are right...and that they consistently lied to us about it
so there's the facts i was asked for

Those are not lies. The President said that Iraq posed a threat and we needed to deal with it before it became too late to do so.

We did.

Good.

And the world is a safer place for it.

you claimed it was never said the iraq threat was imminent...i've proven you wrong...full stop

someone said i confused hope with facts...i certainly hope that you're right that "the world is a safer place for it", but sadly i think the facts won't bear that hope out

Forum List

Back