George Bush finally apologizes

bobbymcgill

Aug 23, 2008
One thing about ol' Georgie boy: he never backs down. No matter how deep he wades into the muck of mendacity. From WMD's to "mission accomplished" to the mortgage meltdown, no slave to approval ratings is he.

But wait. We may have what amounts to an apology from the old codger.

When asked by Charlie Gibson about the election of Barack Obama, George W. said he was to blame:

"I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me. I think most people voted for Barack Obama because they decided they wanted him to be in their living room for the next four years explaining policy." *

Granted, in King George's mind, he might have fancied himself as deserving credit for Obama's rise to the presidency, but lets take what we can get. Sounds like an apology to me. In essence he is saying, "I did such a poor job that people wanted someone else."

So meager a performance that even people casually linked to Bush couldn't get elected. (The guy that cleans Bush's swimming pool in Crawford was recently voted out of the American Pool Association presidency).

I am happy to see the softer side of George Bush; looking a bit sentimental there on screen. No need to be a bad ass anymore. What will the future hold?

Over the next few weeks the president will be doing a series of what the White House calls "exit interviews." So, now that Boy George has had his catharsis, what will he have to say about his plans post-presidency?

I predict the announcement of a new foundation, something along the lines of Jimmy Carter's Habitat for Humanity. I look for it to be called, "Houses for Haliburton."

Idle Wordship

Or Comfort for Carlyle.

He will continue to screw up whatever he does, but will still get a nice retirement and will eventually inherit the blood money from his Daddy at Carlyle Group.

He'll probably be seeking solace in his 64 square mile retreat in Uruguay.

Not to worry.

I have a feeling Georgie won't be suffering too badly during the recession

Better late then never, right?

"What will the future hold?"
High oil prices are always good for him, I m sure he got his profits from the high oil prices his government was the cause of. He is an oil-man after all, his wallet should be filled very good by now.

"It is likely that George W Bush and his allies have received more campaign contributions from oil companies than any other administration in history" Probably not only campaign money.

Well, I don't blame him for some of the stuff that has turned into a nightmare but let's face it he was a pretty damn crap POTUS wasn't he?

Time to move on.

He'll probably be seeking solace in his 64 square mile retreat in Uruguay.

Not to worry.

I have a feeling Georgie won't be suffering too badly during the recession

Paraguay.

No extradition treaty with the U.S., so Bush can't be extradited.

New Topics

Forum List

Back