George Bush = Democrat (Fiscal Issues and WAR)!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Many of the liberals on this board hate Bush (and I hate himself), because they see him as a conservative war-monger Republican. However, besides social conservatism, Bush acts very much like a Democrat!

(1) Taxation: He represents high taxations (the tax reduction bill was his failed attempted to save face) and big government --> which are all things associated with the Democrats. Bush did nothing about the corporate tax (2nd highest in the world), nothing about the small business crippling payroll tax or the federal income tax (welll unless you are in the top 5%) - Reagan conservativism (which Reagan didn't follow) is about low taxations for everyone. Not just giving it to the top 5% (who frankly don't need it) and having everyone else have either the same or higher taxes. Its also about making our corporations and small businesses more competitive via lower taxation. His punk ass didn't do that.

(2) Big Spending and Growing Government: Bush received a large surplus from Clinton, what did he do? He turned it into a record deficit. He had grown the Federal government more than any other government. He has grown spending larger than any other government. Yes Congress passes the spending bills, but he has the sole power to give them the big F'up and veto them. He refused to do that.

(3) Pork Barrel Spending: More pork dollars went through Bush's Presidency than any other President. Pork goes against all fiscal conservative morals. Yet Bush allowed and even encouraged it! Douche-bag.

(4) Preemptive Wars! Bush arrogantly and erroneously invaded Iraq. Look at the preemptive wars of the past: Spanish American, Korean War, Vietnam, invasion of the Phillippines and the bombing of Kosovo/Serbia (also toss in WWI) were all started with a Democrat at the helm. When Bush invaded Iraq he acted like a Democrat.

(5) Easy on illegal immigration! While in Texas he was easy on illegal immigration. Then in white house he supported the Kennedy/McCain bill. Being easy on illegal immigration is a Democratic attribute.

Bush has never been a fiscal conservative! His policies more closely represent a Democrat than a Republican (of course minus the social conservative aspect) and that is why he was a failure as a president

There is a lot of truth in that. Now we have moved even further to the left.

Not sure if that is the case. They put a really good guy in charge of the RNC in Michael Steele. Yep nay-sayers will say its because he is black, but then none of those people have probably ever heard the man speak, he is brillant. I think they will go back to small government principals, IF Obama's plans don't work out (and I can honestly say I am pulling for him). But if Obama's plans pan out, it won't matter which direction the Republican's go, since the D's will have a nice long run!

If one still believes that the Demcorats and Republicans really stand for some political philosophy, then one is a damned fool.

If this economic meltdown hasn't alerted you to the fact that the pardigm of left and right liberal conservative is entirely artifical, I cannot imagine what will.

Republicans chose Dumbya four times. Every chance they had to choose between him, and another republican or candiate, they chose bush. Two national GOP campaigns, and two national elections.

If bush is a democrat, why did democrats not vote for him, and republicans selected him not just once, not just twice, not just three times, but four times?

If we ever get our fecal material together in one pile, we will move more to the center. We will make decisions not based on our personal political values but on what has the best chance of working.

Right now both of the parties in DC have lost touch with the American people. They live in their own little inbred circles of political parties and perks and forget that they were elected not born into the office.

Currently I have no choice but to back whom I consider the lesser of the two evils which is the Obama Administration.

Yes, it's a spending bill. That's what we have to do to get back on track. Krugman and other economists agree with this. This blind mantra of tax cuts hasn't worked so why should we continue down a path that has lead US into the mess we are in?

P.S. Bush was a failure as president not because of his so called lefty leanings, his lack of leadership skills and his inability to surround himself with qualified staff and then listen to what they said brought him down. Any person in charge who thinks he has all the answers is a fool and failure.

No jill.. they did not.... The DEMs ran just as much of an imbalanced total budget... that myth has been busted time after time after time after time

With your post.. you know you have just invited yet another post by kirkybot using the link to "reaganbushdebt.org", right?? Gee.. thanks... :rolleyes:

Ike was the last decent Republican.

Bush did much the same shit reagan did.

No jill.. thee The DEMs ran just as much of an imbalanced total budget... that myth has been busted time after time after time after time

With your post.. you know you have just invited yet another post by kirkybot using the link to "reaganbushdebt.org", right?? :

I'm not going to reagandebt.org.

I went to the published historcal tables published by the US Government Accounting Office.

I tallied up the last 40 years of budget debt, and republicans ran up exponentiall more debt than democratic adminstrations.

GOP: Created 7.4 billion $ of public debt

Dems: Created 1.8 billion $ of debt.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/USbudget/fy05/pdf/hist.pdf

No jill.. thee The DEMs ran just as much of an imbalanced total budget... that myth has been busted time after time after time after time

With your post.. you know you have just invited yet another post by kirkybot using the link to "reaganbushdebt.org", right?? :

I went to the published historcal tables published by the US Government Accounting Office.

I tallied up the last 40 years of budget debt, and republicans ran up exponentially more debt than democratic adminstrations.

GOP: Created 7.4 trillion $ of public debt

Dems: Created 1.8 trillion $ of debt.

that's not even close to being in the same ball park

Last edited:

I tallied up the last 40 years of budget debt, and republicans ran up exponentiall more debt than democratic adminstrations.

Try looking at all government expenditures.... and try looking at the big picture.. we have posted the total expenditures before showing the big picture... I don't go zombie like with the myths and sloganeering of this surplus or budgeted bullshit that has been spread around like VD in a crackwhore house

Both have been horrid.... did I blindly support big overspending by an administration just because the REP platform is closer to the base of my own beliefs? Nope... complained about it all along..

But I also do not think that a party that openly calls for more government, more government spending, more government intervention, etc is inherently better... and I don't just go blindly into partisan hack-job hype because of "change" either

Try looking at all government expenditures.... and try looking at the big picture.. we have posted the total expenditures before showing the big picture... I don't go zombie like with the myths and sloganeering of this surplus or budgeted bullshit that has been spread around like VD in a crackwhore house

Both have been horrid.... did I blindly support big overspending by an administration just because the REP platform is closer to the base of my own beliefs? Nope... complained about it all along..

But I also do not think that a party that openly calls for more government, more government spending, more government intervention, etc is inherently better... and I don't just go blindly into partisan hack-job hype because of "change" either

Why don't you simply admit you were wrong.

I don't know what "try looking at the big picture" means. Its not a substantive rebuttal to my numbers or link in any way. Its a slogan.

The numbers don't lie.

In the last half centry republicans have run up exponetially more debt than democratic adminstrations. I assume you don't dispute the actual numbers.

If one still believes that the Demcorats and Republicans really stand for some political philosophy, then one is a damned fool.

If this economic meltdown hasn't alerted you to the fact that the pardigm of left and right liberal conservative is entirely artifical, I cannot imagine what will.

Of course this is a position which results form BOTH PARTIES BEING INFECTED BY THE IDEOLOGICAL LEFT...

Only this imbecile wants to ignore that FACT and declare that the problems to which she speaks ARE A RESULT OF LEFT-THINK... but that is what moderates do... which is why they're to be ridiculed, belittled and summarily REJECTED.

Great point!

I don't know what "try looking at the big picture" means. Its not a substantive rebuttal to my numbers or link in any way. Its a slogan.

The numbers don't lie.

In the last half centry republicans have run up exponetially more debt than democratic adminstrations. I assume you don't dispute the actual numbers.

Try looking at intragovernmental spending as well... this has been shown time and time again.. where ones like Clinton tried to hide the spending to keep with the myth of the 'surplus'

Again... each and every administration and congress has been a disappointment on the spending issue... but it does not mean that even when I have disagreed on the huge governmental spending of the REPs, that I will go away from the conservative model and platform and think that the DEMs are better... I would rather try and call for and support REPs who want to go away from the bad habits that we have seen under the likes of W on governmental spending

There is a lot of truth in that. Now we have moved even further to the left.

BS... Every recent repub president has been trash at being fiscally responsible.

Dems on the other hands ran a balanced budget.

But keep pretending ....

I am not talking about what most R have done. I am talking about the fiscal conservative philosophy. I mean one of the biggest advocates of fiscal conservative is Ron Paul, but his pork loving past shows he doesn't follow it (see below). Reagan is called the father of the conservative moment (which includes fiscal conservatism, yet he held the record deficit, welll until W came along. I like the philosophy of fiscal conservatism, which Bush didn't follow in the very least!

The House Pork Spending Report
http://www.cagw.org/site/DocServer/H...pdf?docID=3022

Ron Paul - $22.7 million- middle of the list not sure the number- I was very surprised. You would figure this guy would practice what he preached and spend nothing (like McCain did in the Senate), but I guess he is just a politician. There were 276 representative that spent less, including 10 that spent $0

Here is a list of '08 presidential candidate that spent less than Ron Paul and the number of space they beat him by:
Tancredo - $17.6 - 52 lower
Duncan - $15.9 - 75 lower
Kucinich - $8.1 - 182 lower
Graves - $6.7 - 196 lower

Shocking Ron Paul!

Last edited:

The numbers don't lie.

Try looking at intragovernmental spending as well... this has been shown time and time again.. where ones like Clinton tried to hide the spending to keep with the myth of the 'surplus'

Again... each and every administration and congress has been a disappointment on the spending issue... but it does not mean that even when I have disagreed on the huge governmental spending of the REPs, that I will go away from the conservative model and platform and think that the DEMs are better... I would rather try and call for and support REPs who want to go away from the bad habits that we have seen under the likes of W on governmental spending

Clinton spend cash no doubt! However, if you are going to spend make sure there is a surplus! He did that!

Forum List

Back