George Bought a DROID!!!!

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
I bought myself a Verizon, Droid "Incredible" phone three days ago! I am BLOWN AWAY by this sucker! It isn't a phone - it's a mini-computer you can stick in your pocket and, oh, by the way, it also makes phone calls.

I am happily downloading and installing apps, customizing the SEVEN home screens available to me, updating and working on my contacts, setting up my Internet bookmarks, linking the phone to my car's hands free link system - there is no END to the fun I am having with this little bad boy.

Anyone else a Droidster out there? If so, come on in and let's talk DROID!!!!

My brother has one and the Google Sky is the best feature ever.

Go out with it on a starry night ...it's fucking science fiction

Very helpful. I use it as an mp3 player, alarm clock, GPS, compass, external hard drive... oh, and the phone part, too.

Very helpful. I use it as an mp3 player, alarm clock, GPS, compass, external hard drive... oh, and the phone part, too.

Hmm my Motorolla Entice W766 does all that too.

well I dont think it has a compass function.

The one thing that does amaze me is the voice command part. It works slick.

I even have it so when I tell it to call the asshole it calls my ex wife.

George Bought a DROID!!!!

Wow! Fancy that. So did I!

c3po.jpg

Thanks for all your comments. The only down side is a rather short battery life - but that is well known, I knew it going in and I'm not afraid to hook up every night. Besides, I understand there are steps you can take (turn background stuff off when you don't need it, such as BlueTooth, Internet connection, etc.) to maximize battery life.

Costs?

both upfront and monthly?

I got the sucker for $150 with a 2-year contract and a discount because I work for a public agency. Without the discount, the cost would have been $200.00 with the 2-year contract. I think the phone itself, flat out, costs $400.00.

You have to have a "data plan," i.e., you have to have Internet coverage with the phone. That adds $30 per month to your regular bill. That's it.

Forum List

Back