Geologists say Jesus died April 3, 33 AD

actually Christian sects would wage war against each other until one side won by killing or conversion. Just what Jesus wanted.

Funny to see the deniers try to sway the topic away from Archaeological Evidence of a Biblical event.

:clap2:

The problem with the date given is that it contradicts the traditional thought about how old Jesus was, 30 at the beginning of his ministry and 33 at his death. Given the dating error that would make him 38-40 at his death.

actually Christian sects would wage war against each other until one side won by killing or conversion. Just what Jesus wanted.

I don't wish to insult any fellow Christians. But if we are practicing Jesus words a Christian would not go to war and kill fellow Christians. Should we listen to Jesus or our government. We have a right to defend ourselves but we don't have right to war against people just because our government says to. Even the Jews were ordered by God to not war unless the prophets ordered it.

Funny to see the deniers try to sway the topic away from Archaeological Evidence of a Biblical event.

I can't believe you can easily write off the total science which proves mankind originated about 65,000,000 years ago as burrowing animals. I can't believe anyone in their right mind believes a load of schit like the bible. For instance....early man who wrote the bible had his head up his ass so far that these death penalties for particular sins prevailed

These violations are so many and so circumstantial that some holy judges could charge anyone they chose to do away with and there's no way that individual could defend theirself.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't believe you can easily write off the total science which proves mankind originated about 65,000,000 years ago as burrowing animals. I can't believe anyone in their right mind believes a load of schit like the bible. For instance....early man who wrote the bible had his head up his ass so far that these death penalties for particular sins prevailed

These violations are so many and so circumstantial that some holy judges could charge anyone they chose to do away with and there's no way that individual could defend theirself.

Republicans do about two thirds of those every day.

All sin brings the death penalty. Some faster then others. Sin is crime and if you knew anything about ethics or science you would see how some these were harmful to someone or themselves.

Thank goD it doesn't mention dropping acid with your neighbors wife and fucking her brains out on the hood of his 66 Fairlane GT. I was nearly worried for a moment.

All sin brings the death penalty. Some faster then others. Sin is crime and if you knew anything about ethics or science you would see how some these were harmful to someone or themselves.

So you believe the half civili ed primitives didn't actually put people to death.........what about the 100's of thousands of innocent women who someone accused of being a witch who were tortured and burned at the stake. What about decapitation. What about stoning and pillaring in the public square. What about the Crusades and Inquisitions. Maybe you should either read some real history or at least quit trying to cover for the idiocy in the bible.

So you believe the half civili ed primitives didn't actually put people to death.........what about the 100's of thousands of innocent women who someone accused of being a witch who were tortured and burned at the stake. What about decapitation. What about stoning and pillaring in the public square. What about the Crusades and Inquisitions. Maybe you should either read some real history or at least quit trying to cover for the idiocy in the bible.

What I think is true followers of God and Christ do not participate in war. God no longer orders wars. Christ changed a lot of things of the past.

Pretty awesome study and findings.

Jesus died on Friday, April 3, 33AD, according to an investigation which matches his death to an earthquake.

The investigation, from the International Geology Review, looked at earthquake activity around the Dead Sea, which is around 13 miles from Jerusalem.

The Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 27, says that as Jesus lay dying on the cross, an earthquake shook the area, scattering graves and making the sky go dark.

Now researchers have looked at textual accounts, geological records and astronomical data to find the most likely date for Jesus's death.

Geologist Jefferson Williams of Supersonic Geophysical, and colleagues from the German Research Center for Geosciences, studied soil samples from the beach of Ein Gedi Spa, next to the Dead Sea.

Researching the deeper layers of the soil, two earthquakes were detected by looking at the layers of built-up sediment, called varves, which built up each year.

A widespread earthquake is known to have happened in 31BC, and another one was detected which must have occured between 26AD and 36AD.

Williams told Discovery that the latter earthquake occurred during 'the years when Pontius Pilate was procurator of Judea and when the earthquake of the Gospel of Matthew is historically constrained.'

Read more: Jesus 'died on Friday, April 3, 33AD', claim researchers, who tie earthquake data with the gospels to find the date | Mail Online

article-2149750-1349401D000005DC-199_634x367.jpg

The coast of the Dead Sea - clues under the ground help identify when and where earthquakes happened

Total BS. Geophysical events cannot be dated to that degree of accuracy. The event may be accurate, but the science is not verifiable as to the timing and is in question because of the known uncertainty in that specific dating technique.. Try again Beuler.

How many of those death penalty offenses carried over to the New Testament after Jesus?

Witches should be put to death. If innocents were put to death it's a failure of the judicial system of the time, not an indictment against putting witches to death. We put the same people to death today, without calling them witches. The Crusades were necessary to remove islam from Europe and shove them back where they belonged. We need another Crusade today to do the same thing.

Total BS. Geophysical events cannot be dated to that degree of accuracy. The event may be accurate, but the science is not verifiable as to the timing and is in question because of the known uncertainty in that specific dating technique.. Try again Beuler.

I think it's a combination of written records and an estimated time frame, though it doesn't go into much detail.

No different than anyone else that starts with a preconceived conclusion and builds evidence around it to support it

*edit*
Missed this previously:

Now researchers have looked at textual accounts, geological records and astronomical data to find the most likely date for Jesus's death.

*edit*
Missed this previously:

Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, is featured prominantly in the Bible account of Jesus birth. Therefore Jesus was born in 4 BC or earlier. Since Jesus was 30 when he started His ministry and His ministry was approximately three years, Jesus death was earlier than 33 AD.

*edit*
Missed this previously:

Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, is featured prominantly in the Bible account of Jesus birth. Therefore Jesus was born in 4 BC or earlier. Since Jesus was 30 when he started His ministry and His ministry was approximately three years, Jesus death was earlier than 33 AD.

Herod ordered the deaths of all young males.
What year of his reign did that happen?

Exactly.
:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back