Geologist predicted EPA would intentionally pollute Animas River to secure federal funding

I don't know if this was planned or not, but what a MESS!! The people who depend on those waters for a living are now starting to suffer.
shake%20head.gif
And for the EPA to be responsible? That's pretty bad.

Here's some facts which may answer your questions:

"A gold mine that has been inactive since 1920 spilled 3 million gallons of toxic mining waste into the Animas River in Colorado after contractors working for an Environmental Protection Agency cleanup team using heavy equipment accidentally sent it flowing into the waterway. The spill has spread from Colorado into New Mexico and now into Utah -- affecting over 100 river miles."

LINK for more info:

The real culprit in Animas River spill - CNN.com

Why weren't they more careful? They are the EPA for heaven's sake. They should have had a backup plan in case something went wrong. WTH? This is inexcusable.

Because they are incompetent degreed experts who decide things by consensus rather than engineering and scientific facts.

Just look at the fact that a moderator moved this thread to the 'Conspiracy Theory' forum, lol.

'Why the river didn't get polluted, that is just a conspiracy theory, man!'

roflmao this message board is apparently an appendage to the Obama Regime CYA orgs, lol

The vast majority of Big-Gov't types have never lived west of the Mississippi. They've just flown into Denver to buy their weed and didn't stay long..........:smoke:.

What on earth does smoking weed or living in the west have to do with anything? Are those of us who live in the east not entitled to have an opinion about this topic?

Another example of why the saddest words spoken are:

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you!"

And the first thing you should ask is "what's in it for you?"

Yeah, that or ask yourself "Why do they think I need their help?"

For a few years my Mom took food from the food warehouse the Feds had, and she got some food stamps too. I got college loans and Pell Grants when attending school.

But as soon as I could and as much as possible I tried to not go to the government for assistance because I always got the feeling that they wanted you to be dependent. It gave me the creeps.

Still, I see the value in much of what the Feds do, but some of it is so far beyond justification, I just shake my head and wonder how long those who are productive can carry those who are not productive. Those who can do for themselves should do for themselves. Those who are not are entitled to assistance.

Forum List

Back