Geological statement on warming

Geologist do not state in their papers as to the good or bad of the developments. They simply observe and measure those developments, and try to see what they portend for the future. You might ask some of the road engineers in Alaska how they feel about the permafrost melt.
Yet even more Leftard lies. Every post you make is filled with lies.

"There is now widespread concern that the Earth’s climate will warm further,"

A concern is an opinion. It has ZERO to do with geology.

Just more Leftard lies.

Filed with ICE CAPS MELTED WILL MELT BY 2012.

All Old Fraud ever posts is conjecture unsupported by any facts. His appeal to authority is baseless left wing drivel. He cant discern empirical evidence from wild ass guesses of opinion.

LOL,,,,,

MORE POLITICAL BULL SHIT FROM OLD FRAUD!

And they have zero scientific evidence to back up their assertions..

They have thousands of published, peer-reviewed studies backing up their position. That is what their position is based on. YOU have zero scientific evidence backing up your assertions and your statement is a willful and demonstrable lie.

On the long term, no. We are about 6000 years into the Milankovic Cycle, on the downhill side toward glaciaton.

On the short term, no. The Total Solar Insolation has been declining slightly for about 10 years now. That should be detected in cooler temperatures. Another factor is the amount of aerosols that India and China are putting into the atmosphere. It should be having a cooling effect.

So it's your assertion we've gone from one ice age, without warming significantly as per previous global climate data to another?

Based off previous temperature swings throughout the planet's history, it looks like we're overdue a significant warming trend.
minor-ice-ages-during-past-450000-years.gif

ice ages - Google Search

What is the basis for your statement. Looks to me as if we leveled off before we began to burn fossil fuels.

On the long term, no. We are about 6000 years into the Milankovic Cycle, on the downhill side toward glaciaton.

On the short term, no. The Total Solar Insolation has been declining slightly for about 10 years now. That should be detected in cooler temperatures. Another factor is the amount of aerosols that India and China are putting into the atmosphere. It should be having a cooling effect.

So it's your assertion we've gone from one ice age, without warming significantly as per previous global climate data to another?

Based off previous temperature swings throughout the planet's history, it looks like we're overdue a significant warming trend.
minor-ice-ages-during-past-450000-years.gif

ice ages - Google Search

What is the basis for your statement. Looks to me as if we leveled off before we began to burn fossil fuels.

Why is it you only look at very small slices of climate history? Back it up a bit, since these cycles aren't a few thousand years, they're millions of years.

The Geological Society of America - Position Statement on Climate Change

Climate Change

Adopted in October 2006; revised April 2010; March 2013; April 2015

Position Statement
Decades of scientific research have shown that climate can change from both natural and anthropogenic causes. The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2011), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2013) and the U.S. Global Change Research Program (Melillo et al., 2014) that global climate has warmed in response to increasing concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases. The concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are now higher than they have been for many thousands of years. Human activities (mainly greenhouse-gas emissions) are the dominant cause of the rapid warming since the middle 1900s (IPCC, 2013). If the upward trend in greenhouse-gas concentrations continues, the projected global climate change by the end of the twenty-first century will result in significant impacts on humans and other species. The tangible effects of climate change are already occurring. Addressing the challenges posed by climate change will require a combination of adaptation to the changes that are likely to occur and global reductions of CO2 emissions from anthropogenic sources.

Purpose
This position statement (1) summarizes the scientific basis for the conclusion that human activities are the primary cause of recent global warming; (2) describes the significant effects on humans and ecosystems as greenhouse-gas concentrations and global climate reach projected levels; and (3) provides information for policy decisions guiding mitigation and adaptation strategies designed to address the current and future impacts of anthropogenic warming.

Pretty unequivocal statements from the largest scientific societies in the US dealing with Geology.

Lots of nebulous statements completely useless for assessing public policy. Especially layouts of $TRILLs ..

If human activities are the dominate cause since the middle of the 1900s --- what the hell caused all the warming since 1800s?

And where are the projections? Any NUMBERS? What fraction of their membership APPROVES of this fluffball statement?

The Geological Society of America - Position Statement on Climate Change

Climate Change

Adopted in October 2006; revised April 2010; March 2013; April 2015

Position Statement
Decades of scientific research have shown that climate can change from both natural and anthropogenic causes. The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2011), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2013) and the U.S. Global Change Research Program (Melillo et al., 2014) that global climate has warmed in response to increasing concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases. The concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are now higher than they have been for many thousands of years. Human activities (mainly greenhouse-gas emissions) are the dominant cause of the rapid warming since the middle 1900s (IPCC, 2013). If the upward trend in greenhouse-gas concentrations continues, the projected global climate change by the end of the twenty-first century will result in significant impacts on humans and other species. The tangible effects of climate change are already occurring. Addressing the challenges posed by climate change will require a combination of adaptation to the changes that are likely to occur and global reductions of CO2 emissions from anthropogenic sources.

Purpose
This position statement (1) summarizes the scientific basis for the conclusion that human activities are the primary cause of recent global warming; (2) describes the significant effects on humans and ecosystems as greenhouse-gas concentrations and global climate reach projected levels; and (3) provides information for policy decisions guiding mitigation and adaptation strategies designed to address the current and future impacts of anthropogenic warming.

Pretty unequivocal statements from the largest scientific societies in the US dealing with Geology.

Here's the real problem with your reliance on these nebulous "position statements".. I MOSTLY AGREE WITH THEM.. As nebulous as they are -- with a few caveats. So they really don't separate the deniers or expose why I and others are skeptical of GWarming theory..

Because there is NO DISCUSSION of the ACTUAL GW theory in them !!! It's a statement of certain empirical observation and leaps to conclusions about our recent warming blip.. And for me -- it skips right over the complete lack of accurate evidence for what "natural climate variability" has been over the last several millenia. NONE of the hockey stick studies are anything more than a glimpse at a very crude attempt to see the Mean Annual GLOBAL surface temperature. And they lack the resolution to say ANYTHING about historical variance in the realm of our observed temperature change.

But more seriously --- YOUR THEORY states that what we expect is a GREAT ACCELERATION of warming due to factors that you and I and most EVERYBODY --- seriously disagree on.. It's these projections of 6 or 8degC that got this circus on the road. And THOSE projections are bovine excrement. Based on virtually nothing but conjecture and bad science. And made largely in the INFANCY of climate science before we even had adequate space resources for studying the problem.

LOL,,,,,

MORE POLITICAL BULL SHIT FROM OLD FRAUD!

And they have zero scientific evidence to back up their assertions..

They have thousands of published, peer-reviewed studies backing up their position. That is what their position is based on. YOU have zero scientific evidence backing up your assertions and your statement is a willful and demonstrable lie.
based on what?

I have already posted up in other threads the fact that these organizations omit information as stated here by Judith Curry at APS :

"JC message to APS POPA: no one cares about your political preferences in the climate change debate. You have demonstrated that you bring nothing intellectually to the table (once Koonin and Rosner left). You simply have no business issuing a policy statement on climate change. You have embarrassed the APS membership."

link: Draft APS Statement on Climate Change

Cement production. There's talk of that in another thread as I recall.
I've been a cement mason since 1987. So there is a good chance that I might have a bit of knowledge to share.

What thread are you talking about?
Drilling a hole in the ground.

BTW are you a Grand Cement Mason?
I don't even know what the fuck a "Grand Cement Mason" is. I don't think I've ever heard of that term before.

Cement production. There's talk of that in another thread as I recall.
I've been a cement mason since 1987. So there is a good chance that I might have a bit of knowledge to share.

What thread are you talking about?
Drilling a hole in the ground.

BTW are you a Grand Cement Mason?
I don't even know what the fuck a "Grand Cement Mason" is. I don't think I've ever heard of that term before.
Well then let's start by asking what is a cement mason? You've been one since 1987?

Forum List

Back