Gentlemen ...

how much does it bother you to see a woman doing manual labor?

From what I can tell, it is much more frustrating for southern men than others. They tend to get irritated if they can't help or are at least apologetic, while I've had more northern gents that had no problem standing around, drinking beer and smoking while a woman did the work.

Care to discuss?

Well, it used to bother me quite a bit to see my wife doing all the house work, scrubbing floors, running the hoover, dusting, washing dishes and clothes. Now, when ever she starts doing all of that kind of stuff I just come into my man cave and get on the computer and try to get it all out of my mind. You're right. I was raised in the south and it does bother me to see her work so hard. I'd help her but damn, it's housework, you know...:lol:

Well, it used to bother me quite a bit to see my wife doing all the house work, scrubbing floors, running the hoover, dusting, washing dishes and clothes. Now, when ever she starts doing all of that kind of stuff I just come into my man cave and get on the computer and try to get it all out of my mind. You're right. I was raised in the south and it does bother me to see her work so hard. I'd help her but damn, it's housework, you know...:lol:

You're quite a guy, BBD. ;)

how much does it bother you to see a woman doing manual labor?

From what I can tell, it is much more frustrating for southern men than others. They tend to get irritated if they can't help or are at least apologetic, while I've had more northern gents that had no problem standing around, drinking beer and smoking while a woman did the work.

Care to discuss?

It does not bother me at all.

If slaving over a hot stove baking pies and other delightfully delicious items of food in the middle of the summer with no AC running because I feel like cutting back on the electricity bill that month counts as manual labor, then yes.

Mowing the lawn is a nice gesture too though.

If slaving over a hot stove baking pies and other delightfully delicious items of food in the middle of the summer with no AC running because I feel like cutting back on the electricity bill that month counts as manual labor, then yes.

Mowing the lawn is a nice gesture too though.

Wait, I read the original question wrong.

I meant no. It doesn't bother me at all.

None of the women I know give me the luxury of watching them perform physical labor.

But you're a northern boy. They don't seem to mind women doing heavier/harder work nearly as much as most southern gents. That was the whole point.

But you're a northern boy. They don't seem to mind women doing heavier/harder work nearly as much as most southern gents. That was the whole point.

I'm from the north? since when? :eusa_eh:

You aren't. Paulie is, though, unless I'm mistaken.

Which is why you get to dig the hole for the ... ummmm, tree that needs to be planted. Mmmmmhmmmm ... yep, a tree. A really BIG tree. :eusa_whistle:

I'm from the north? since when? :eusa_eh:

You aren't. Paulie is, though, unless I'm mistaken.

Which is why you get to dig the hole for the ... ummmm, tree that needs to be planted. Mmmmmhmmmm ... yep, a tree. A really BIG tree. :eusa_whistle:

I'm not. ;) I'm from a country where most of the men do the work. :doubt:

The southern gents don't have much room to talk about who's doing manual labor considering their ancestral track record in that department.

Forum List

Back