Genocide

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Zhukov, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I was proud to hear my Senator, the distinguished gentleman from Ohio, Mr. Mike DeWine, making the case for officially classifying the ongoing situation in Sudan as 'genocide' the other day when I tuned into C-SPAN. His logic was indisputable.

It was quite apt of him to point out why there exists a certain amount of resistance to classifying the situation in Sudan as genocide by certain groups of people. Most obviously because if it is genocide (and it most certainly is), what is to be done?

Hoping to avoid that question, certain groups of people shy away from the g-word all together.

Two doctors on Newshour with Jih Lehrer stated that Sudan was 'on the brink of a catastrophe'.

Help is needed. A lot of it, and right quick.

If only we had some sort of international organization that looked out for the welfare of downtrodden and oppressed peoples, an international organization composed of peoples from all nations of the world. Surely they would do something.

2. NightTrain

NightTrain VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I heard about an international body like that once. Was it League of Nations?