Geneva Conventions and War Crimes Court...

X

Xenimus

Hello everyone :D

Im all confused lately about the current admin and why i should vote for them or not.

The war is great and all, bringing democracy to other countrys, through force, rooting out terror by taking war TO the terrorists instead of them invading our country. Hopefully not MAKING too many terrorists in the process.

But recently with all the torture we are doing in iraq and abroad that as far as we know is perpetrated by a few disloyal soldiers. Im not saying that there is proof of torture in our other prisons in cuba, but there seems to be a style to what we are doing that is unfamiliar to ME at least...'hooded', 'jumpsuit', and 'chained' detainees in crouching positions...seems like a trend or code.

So I looked into this subject more, and found that the Bush administraion 'unsigned' the USA from the international war crimes court! AND says that the geneva conventions don't apply in cuba detention camps(legal battle pending).

Why would the administration do this? Did they plan on commiting acts torture? We all know torture DOES NOT WORK, simply because the perp will say ANYTHING to get out of torture. AND torture is a form of terrorism by definition. certainly they would know this.

So, the admin says it does not like torture, and they frown upon it. Why allow it by dropping from these institutions? Is there any valid reason for doing so?

Nobody say we have the right to or its fun, please. We entered them because we wanted OUR OWN soldiers to be respected if an enemy captures them, its creating progress through example, much like we have with democracy, creating hundreds of democracys without using force.

No, I don't think they would abide by the conventions, certainly not the terrorists. But that does not matter, we don't need to be stooping to their level. I do disagree with you about them being civilized. They have long history of being invaded by crusaders, and they have successfully defended themselves for many ages...I believe the sunis are actually the oldest recorded civilization in human history.

Jesus said - "Whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me." Correct?
If the Bush administration IS treating these people as sub-humans. Whats stopping them from treating certain american minoritys as such? Groups that would be considered, uncivilized, lower class, disloyal, treasonous, undesirable.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
So I would assume the we are now the crusaders?:rolleyes:

Why not just get to the point instead of making a post that has nothing to do with what you really want to say?
You are a anti - Bush liberal!

If you were not this would not be the third time you have registered Jones/Jonez!

Better play it cool this time!!

I would have thought that his avatar spoke for itself. :rolleyes:

A clever troll trying to act moderate but bringing up dumb questions.

So I would assume the we are now the crusaders?:rolleyes:

Why not just get to the point instead of making a post that has nothing to do with what you really want to say?
You are a anti - Bush liberal!

If you were not this would not be the third time you have registered Jones/Jonez!

Better play it cool this time!!

Don't be a pussy Xenimus, just say what ya feel.
I think you know how you're voting, don't play dumb and beat around the Bush, Evil is on to you.:p:

Ahhh, ya found me out Sir Evil! :p: Thought this place was out of business, guess it was only downtime. You're right, should keep it cool when I get insulted this time. *Looks around* glad to see pro-bushites can still call conservatives/liberals/anti-bush anything they want. ;)

Seriously guys, my question is legitimate, why is it dumb, was there a reason we arent following rules?

Oh, and I can vote for Bush if I please, hes not that bad, its his policys that are troubling. Sometimes I actually feel like some old values, like feudalism.

How about this-----NO ONE ELSE PLAYS BY THE RULES. If we agree to, then they will feel fully within thier rights to prosecute us. Wanna go to court in--lets say--Iran?

Jesus said - "Whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me." Correct?
If the Bush administration IS treating these people as sub-humans. Whats stopping them from treating certain american minoritys as such? Groups that would be considered, uncivilized, lower class, disloyal, treasonous, undesirable.

You poor soul, now you've drug ME into it.

Jesus was speaking of CHILDREN.

Since when is Bush GOD?

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do.

Originally posted by Xenimus

Seriously guys, my question is legitimate, why is it dumb, was there a reason we arent following rules?

America CANNOT be and IS NOT legally bound to any other treaty or authority outside of the US.

Therefore, THAT is the reason.

Gilloduck, Newguy, Glad to see you are in the party of integrity, and moral clarity!!! :laugh:

America CANNOT be and IS NOT legally bound to any other treaty or authority outside of the US.
What are you saying? Under Bush regime we are gods will? cannot be wrong? huh

I cant wait till you guys get tortured by some arabs! Maybe if their brothers were treated well, they may give you a bit of slack. Remember, draft age is 18-35 and includes women!

In all seriousness, why did they drop out? can we do anything we want now? Should we kill the prisoners by the thousands like Michael "savage" Wiener suggests?

Gilloduck, Newguy, Glad to see you are in the party of integrity, and moral clarity!!! :laugh:

What party do you think I am "in"?

Why are you dumb enough to jump to that conclusion?

What are you saying? Under Bush regime we are gods will? cannot be wrong? huh

Nice. You assume a lot, don't you?

The Constitution does not allow any superior authority of any nation. We are only surpassed in authority by God Himself.

I cant wait till you guys get tortured by some arabs!

I can't wait until you say something smarter than my 3 year old.

Maybe if their brothers were treated well, they may give you a bit of slack. Remember, draft age is 18-35 and includes women!

Do you have a point?

In all seriousness, why did they drop out? can we do anything we want now? Should we kill the prisoners by the thousands like Michael "savage" Wiener suggests?

I answered your question already.

It must not have been what you wanted to hear.

I can only wonder if it is post's like this that led to your dismissal here. That's a bad start to a new day Xenema!
Sir Evil

Want to make it clear that I did not say I wanted anyone to be harmed in anyway. I said that because, after their replys I realized they probly won't understand the subject until they are victims of the situation. Nothing more, I'm not a troll don't treat me like one. please. thankyou.

Newguy, you say god is our authority? your god? I dont think so. Who do you think you are? I dont remember anyone proclaiming we can do ANYTHING we want. Are you claiming this is a Christian nation? I see.

The reason I think you are in a certain party is because, usually its the party that gets mixed up with religion.

The REASON religion should be kept separate from goverment is so goverment will stay out of religion and ofcourse religion will stay out of government. Protecting it. It works both ways you see.

Newguy, you say god is our authority?

No, our founding documents do.

I would remind you that you are about to enter a discussion you cannot win.

your god? I dont think so.

Really? Reading helps.

Who do you think you are?

Look at the avatar.

I dont remember anyone proclaiming we can do ANYTHING we want.

In context with worldly agreements, you must not have read our Constitution.

Are you claiming this is a Christian nation? I see.

Do you? I don't have to claim anything. Our documents say everything they need to.

The reason I think you are in a certain party is because, usually its the party that gets mixed up with religion.

Just like our founders did?

The REASON religion should be kept separate from goverment is so goverment will stay out of religion and ofcourse religion will stay out of government. Protecting it. It works both ways you see.

No. Can you provide original founding documents to support your illusion and propaganda?

Wow, you two should date.

what about our soldiers that were tortured in times of war?
Why do you thinking I posted? I support the terrorists? HA!
You have much clarity to come.

The reason we joined the war crimes court in the FIRST place was for the benifit of our soldiers, if you don't understand that, I can't help you.

Newguy, Im done with you, Dont deconstruct my posts, and calm down or something.

Newguy, Im done with you, Dont deconstruct my posts, and calm down or something.

1. Thought so. You cannot reason with logic.

2. I will deconstruct anything I want.

3. I AM calm.

You ought to see me flame.

Can you tell me what logic you have recently displayed?

Can you tell me what logic you have recently displayed?

Not if you cannot read pre-existing text.

Doing so wouldn't do any good.

Can't respond I see. :rolleyes:

America CANNOT be and IS NOT legally bound to any other treaty or authority outside of the US. Therefore, THAT is the reason.

Heres a jewel. Hmm, not sure why anyone would say such a thing, where did this sort of thinking come from. Eh, I suppose screwballs in saudi arabia say the same thing.

Can't respond I see. :rolleyes:

Heres a jewel. Hmm, not sure why anyone would say such a thing, where did this sort of thinking come from. Eh, I suppose screwballs in saudi arabia say the same thing.

Let's reword that:

"Heres a jewel. Hmm, not sure why anyone would say such a thing, WHEN OUR CONSTITUTION SEEMS TO PROVE IT ANYWAY. where did this sort of thinking come from. Eh, I suppose screwballs in saudi arabia say the same thing."

Have you ever even read our Constitution?

Xenema - you are really pushing your luck!:mad:
That makes you mad? Calm down, call me radical or Xenima some more.

newguy, since when did our constitution PROVE that we can do whatever we please? haha, that would be funny.

newguy, since when did our constitution PROVE that we can doing what ever we please? haha, that would be funny.

Did I say we can "do anything we want"?

Do you read?

Forum List

Back