Genetic Racial Identification--Any Deniers Here?

There are hundreds of genetic markers that differentiate the Black race from the Caucasian race.
Whites tend to have more recessive genes, Blacks genes tend to be more dominate, ie, when
a Black person mates with a white person the Black features tend to be more visible, and or pronounced
in the offspring. This is has been proven over many hundreds of years, and is scientific fact.

Wow. I actually agree with a Fitty Deuce post.

Should I rep him or something? :confused:

There are hundreds of genetic markers that differentiate the Black race from the Caucasian race.
Whites tend to have more recessive genes, Blacks genes tend to be more dominate, ie, when
a Black person mates with a white person the Black features tend to be more visible, and or pronounced
in the offspring. This is has been proven over many hundreds of years, and is scientific fact.
What does that have to do with intelligence?

Genetic Structure, Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity, and Confounding in Case-Control Association Studies

this is just one of many studies that show racial groups can be identified by genetic testing. do those that deny the existence of race just ignore the evidence or do they actually disbelieve that it can be done?

Interesting study. I've always found genetics to be fascinating. I've also found that those who deny the existence of race also believe that the Earth is flat.

I find it interesting that many of the people who deny the existence of race also believe that HIV was invented to kill off the black man.

:lol: Good one and so true!

Is Sickle-cell one of them dominant genes? Great for helping you in malaria infested areas, terrible in the rest of the world.

52, when my white friends start talking genetic superiority I put them back in their place. I dream the future is a creamy colored world where folks don't fight over race. Wanna help me get there or hold it back?

Through random bad luck and timing this millennium folks from Africa have experienced a bad run militarily and economically. Like Europe in the Dark Ages or the Romans after the Huns made it into town, no need to make it worse.

here we are in that definition no-man's land again. if I point out a difference, and show how it is at least partly controlled by racial genetic differences than I am by definition a 'racist'
No, but your insistence on misinterpreting data in a racist fashion lends credence to the hypothesis that you are a racist.
Yes, genetic differences cause differences in appearance.
Yes, the genetic lottery can seem cruel in individual cases.
Yes some genetic traits which were once advantageous (sickle cell susceptibility also give protection against malaria) are far more common in those ethnic groups which were subject to evolutionary forces (like malaria).
Yes, your viewpoints are racist.

please be more specific on which data you think I am misinterpreting

genetics cause differences in appearance. also body structure, physiology and behaviour. skin colour doesn't define race; race defines skin colour.

you seem to agree with evolution driving sickle cell. what about lactose tolerance? or other agriculture induced changes? those are evolutionary changes caused by human behaviour. what about the changes caused by living in a harsh climate? do you think that environmental conditions would help select for individuals with future-oriented thinking? for closer family bonding to help children survive the cold and hungry winter?

what I am wondering is where you, Charlie, draw the line on evolution and natural selection. do you think it only happened in the far past, or do you think it is a continuing process which is still proceeding today? the evidence seems to point to a continuing process with many new 'genes' going to fixation in the near past and the near future.

my point is that different bottlenecked population groups evolved differently, according to the conditions they lived under. the chance that they have all reached the same developement in all areas is nil, which is precisely the finding scientists have found, whether in physical attributes or the genetics that manufacture them.

if you find my conclusions based on readily available information racist in some way that is your right to have an opinion. I would be pleased to hear your explanation and conclusions about the evidence as well. perhaps I have missed something.

What about the continuing evoloution of each "race"?

White european americans have changed a lot in just the past 100 years.
Look at some of those old suits of armor. Could an average person fit in one now?

in time all will blend in genetics and at that time people will start being prejudiced based on nose or ear size, etc..
Did you learn everything you 'really needed to know' about genetics from watching the X-Men movies? Human evolution occurs over a long time scale. Mutations fall into three broad categories; beneficial, harmful and junk. Junk mutations are the most common and do nothing, as far as is currently known, save create clutter. Harmful mutations are either recessive or dominant, but the worst dominant ones typically die out in a single specimen never to enter the full gene pool. Recessive baneful mutations crop up as traits only when both parents pass a copy to children so they remain in the gene pool for a long time even when lethal. Beneficial mutations are extremely rare and to a certain extent might be considered 'case' sensitive. For example, if you live in an area with a lot of Malaria, then the gene for sickle cell provides a reproductive survival benefit as it decrease the severity of malaria.

Size increases in the last couple of centuries are a result of (to paraphrase realtors)
Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition
not genetics.

Your conclusion, that diverse ethnic groups will interbreed to commonality, is based on the faulty assumption that people will choose to interbreed to a great enough degree to limit differences. Humans are programed to find their own "group" most attractive - some diverge from this, and certainly the exotic beauty of some is undeniable, but on the whole, for average people, a preference for their own appearance is the norm rather than the exception.
Yep. And the recent improvements in black test scores is not a product of evolution, it is a product of better nutrition and better educational systems.

Which, IMO, makes any claim that different races have different intellectual capacities bullshit.

evolution has given rise to differences in brain size, shape, structure, and efficiency. both at an individual level and at a racial group level. I really don't see how people can deny that.

Ravi states that there was some improvement in black test scores due to improved nutrition and education. That is true but no one every quantifies the increase. It is small, not even the proponents are willing to claim it is more than 1/3 of the usually stated one standard deviation difference. and there is also a strong case to be made that there was no increase, especially by the time individuals reached adulthood. Personally I wish we could find some sort of permanent intervention to raise minority intelligence but no one has had much success.

as an aside, I have heard people bring up 'stereotype threat' in the past. this involves minorities doing worse when they think it is a mental test and they are being judged by their race. when they do not feel 'stereotype threat' they go back to performing normally. unfortunately when this is covered in the media it is implied that 'stereotype threat' would remove or substantially decrease the minority scoring gap. this is not the case.

Does anyone really think that people's genetic makeup changes based on where they are living?

Essentially, is this study implying that there people who believe that by moving from one continent to another, it will result in genetic evolution?

are you familiar with mutation?

do those that deny the existence of race just ignore the evidence or do they actually disbelieve that it can be done?

they just say it because it sounds like a smart argument to make. because it has the word "gene" which sounds smart. why would they THINK about it ? they don't want to hurt their brains.

A woman I work with has so many moles I do not know if she is black or white.

She even has moles on her vaginal lips (you know how I know).

Is she white, or is she black?

Or a dalmation?

A woman I work with has so many moles I do not know if she is black or white.

She even has moles on her vaginal lips (you know how I know).

Is she white, or is she black?

Or a dalmation?

genetic testing would give you the answer to a high degree of certainty

Genetic Structure, Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity, and Confounding in Case-Control Association Studies

Abstract
We have analyzed genetic data for 326 microsatellite markers that were typed uniformly in a large multiethnic population-based sample of individuals as part of a study of the genetics of hypertension (Family Blood Pressure Program). Subjects identified themselves as belonging to one of four major racial/ethnic groups (white, African American, East Asian, and Hispanic) and were recruited from 15 different geographic locales within the United States and Taiwan. Genetic cluster analysis of the microsatellite markers produced four major clusters, which showed near-perfect correspondence with the four self-reported race/ethnicity categories. Of 3,636 subjects of varying race/ethnicity, only 5 (0.14%) showed genetic cluster membership different from their self-identified race/ethnicity. On the other hand, we detected only modest genetic differentiation between different current geographic locales within each race/ethnicity group. Thus, ancient geographic ancestry, which is highly correlated with self-identified race/ethnicity—as opposed to current residence—is the major determinant of genetic structure in the U.S. population. Implications of this genetic structure for case-control association studies are discussed.

this is just one of many studies that show racial groups can be identified by genetic testing. do those that deny the existence of race just ignore the evidence or do they actually disbelieve that it can be done?

I see you have an extremely limited understanding of genetics and DNA.

Abstract
We have analyzed genetic data for 326 microsatellite markers that were typed uniformly in a large multiethnic population-based sample of individuals as part of a study of the genetics of hypertension (Family Blood Pressure Program). Subjects identified themselves as belonging to one of four major racial/ethnic groups (white, African American, East Asian, and Hispanic) and were recruited from 15 different geographic locales within the United States and Taiwan. Genetic cluster analysis of the microsatellite markers produced four major clusters, which showed near-perfect correspondence with the four self-reported race/ethnicity categories. Of 3,636 subjects of varying race/ethnicity, only 5 (0.14%) showed genetic cluster membership different from their self-identified race/ethnicity. On the other hand, we detected only modest genetic differentiation between different current geographic locales within each race/ethnicity group. Thus, ancient geographic ancestry, which is highly correlated with self-identified race/ethnicity—as opposed to current residence—is the major determinant of genetic structure in the U.S. population. Implications of this genetic structure for case-control association studies are discussed.

I see you have an extremely limited understanding of genetics and DNA.

I'll bite. enlighten me.

people keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about and yet they never actually show me where I am mistaken (or answer my counter replies)

Forum List

Back