Genetic Engineering to Cure HIV Infections?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
That seems to be what is going to happen.

Happy New Years to all you fudge packers out there; you can return to bare-backin' in no time!

:D

Scientists are genetically engineering immune systems to attack and destroy HIV

Perhaps the most notable finding researchers documented was that the engineered cells killed HIV-infected cells in petri dishes and in two macaque monkeys for a full two years. “These results set the stage for future attempts to eradicate viral infection and provide more effective immune surveillance for HIV,” the study says.

The researchers did note that their technique did not eradicate infected cells in which the HIV virus was dormant. For that reason, they say, future studies should focus on a combination approach to treatment. That would mean engineering cells to attack HIV infections while also making the blood system resistant to infection.

According to STAT, human trials of this treatment technique could begin within the next two years. The researchers are currently in communication with Calimmune, a Tucson, Arizona-based HIV gene medicines laboratory, to advance the project.​

Happy New Years to all you fudge packers out there; you can return to bare-backin' in no time!

And you can go on thinking about it all the time

:cuckoo:
Not that there's anything...wait, is there something wrong with that?
Well my message to him is that there are many more things in life than constantly thinking about gay, bareback sex. But hey, to each his own? :dunno:
Interesting. I read it as a medical breakthrough.

Well my message to him is that there are many more things in life than constantly thinking about gay, bareback sex. But hey, to each his own? :dunno:

You read "Happy New Years to all you fudge packers out there; you can return to bare-backin' in no time!" as someone just bringing up a medical breakthrough? :eusa_whistle:

You read "Happy New Years to all you fudge packers out there; you can return to bare-backin' in no time!" as someone just bringing up a medical breakthrough? :eusa_whistle:
That is the reaction to the medical breakthrough.

That is the reaction to the medical breakthrough.

Obviously....

Hey, this is great news for the Bare Backin' Community out there.

Dont slam these poor oppressed pervs like you are some perfect human being, OK?

Not all HIV patients are fudgepackers. This is hopeful news for humanity.
But like 98% of them are fudge packing homos.

You might be exaggerating that just a tad. :p

Lol, of course I am.

This is great news for EVERYONE, not just gay men.

Which was my point, but this is how the Media will spin it when it hits the main media outlets; Gay People Saved!

HIV still affects gay men more than any other group, so to some extent that is an understandable reaction. However, there are plenty of people other than gay men who have HIV, so it is definitely a good thing in general if this treatment is effective.

Lol, of course I am.

Which was my point, but this is how the Media will spin it when it hits the main media outlets; Gay People Saved!
Hmmmm its seems that that is how Jimmie is spinning it.

And imagining everyone else is.

Lol, of course I am.

HIV still affects gay men more than any other group, so to some extent that is an understandable reaction. However, there are plenty of people other than gay men who have HIV, so it is definitely a good thing in general if this treatment is effective.

Here in the United States that is true. But world wide it is not.

Lol, of course I am.

HIV *in America* affects gay men more often than any other group. World wide, its women and children that are disproportionately effected by HIV.

Forum List

Back