Genesis: God refers to himself in the plural? What the heck?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Is the monotheistic Christian God admitting that there is at least one other god?

Or are humans genetically engineered by aliens who are our God?

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!?

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Is the monotheistic Christian God admitting that there is at least one other god?

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!?

Typo.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!?

Typo.

and it hasnt been spotted yet?

furthermore, if God really did say that...who the heck was he even talking to? Does God like talking to himself? hmmm...

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!?

Typo.

furthermore, if God really did say that...who the heck was he even talking to? Does God like talking to himself? hmmm...

couple of things...god is a woman...no man would go to this much trouble nor would eveything be this fucked up.....plus women like to talk in this fashion to spread the blame around when everything goes sideways...........

couple of things...god is a woman...no man would go to this much trouble nor would eveything be this fucked up.....plus women like to talk in this fashion to spread the blame around when everything goes sideways...........

i like your logic!

Maybe God was helped by the other gods whom The Chosen are not to have before Him.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Don't forget us FEMALES!

A biblical approach to Genesis 1:26 Let us make man in our image. In this verse is it possible God was talking to the angels? We cannot assume that he was talking to a second person in the God head, as a second person (persona), the son, God has not revealed himself as son, or savior “yet” God revealed himself over time to man through out the scriptures, compound names and theophanies,, for there was no need of a savior in the dispensation or time period of Innocence, man did not yet fall! ) So who was God talking to, lets look at a biblical approach. We do know their were angels around during creation, and yes I considered man is made in the image of God and not angels. So where is the proof Angels were around? Let’s look in our King James Version Bible. Turn to the book of Job we see God speaking to Job.

Where were you when I laid (Note “I”: laid singular again) the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand.5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? 6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone-- 7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? Job 38:4-7

Ok here is another reference where God created “Alone” and by “himself” and also to Isaiah given the revelation as Savior, which we know Jesus Christ is our Savior God beginning to reveal himself as savior to fallen man! Of course there are many more scripture regarding the revelation of Jesus Christ! Remember God revealed himself!!

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; Isaiah 44:24

Could it be God talking to himself? Is that biblical of course. Note: God councils himself...

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the “counsel of his own will”: Ephesians 1:11 kjv

what you failed to see is remember man shall not live by bread alone but “every word”! In Genesis the very next verse 1:27 So God created man in HIS OWN image, (Singular “His” own image) in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Has God ever counseled with angels, yes see 1 Kings 22-19-22.

So we can see a biblical view God created in His image, Alone and by himself! Isa 44:24 anything else would be a contradiction. When looking at scripture must be consistent with the word of God. No assumptions!

Id likes to point out one more biblical fact if we go to Galatians 4:4

But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, Galatians 4:4

If the doctrine of trinity were true it contradicts scripture as Jesus being another person in the God head. Now from a oneness view it is very biblical God did not revealed himself as son until the fullness of time, made of a women, remember not denying the son, God manifested in the Flesh the Word became flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14
, God is the son! Also see Isaiah 9:6.

If the son was present in the beginning (as a separate being in the God head, trinity view) who was his mother? If the son was a spirit being who was his spirit mother? According to scripture the son was made of a women! In a oneness view. God revealed himself as the son! The son could nave have been there as another person in Genesis 1:26 accordin to scripture! until the fullness of time! God being One, revealed himself as the role or office, better to say Manifested him self as Son! ! Not a trinity which once again is not a biblical term! And not a separate person!

For example I was single at one time, but as time progressed Got married and entered a new role as Husband! something I was not before. when my wife had a baby as time progressed I entered a new role as Father! it is the same way God revealed himself over time. He revealed himself over a time period from Genesis to Revelation, in diffrent ways (Coumpand names, theophonies, etc.) He revealed himself as Savior when the fulness of time came! Every thing he rwas in the old testament was reaveled in Jesus Christ when God put on flesh! Thats why the bible says: For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!?

english translation...

uses the royal 'we'.

:rolleyes:

Um guys.....

If anyone paid attention in english class its called "first-person plural" its the same in the Holy Qur'an. God refers to himself in first person, and first person plural.

Let us and our image (Genesis 1:26). once again Does not say he was speaking to the son, that would be a non biblical assumption, at no time. But we do see God councils with himself Ephesians 1:11, I have sworn by myself" looks like God does talk/council himself ......I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Isaiah 45:23

Another point I would like to make is that you can not take a scripture/verse out of context. The next verse we can see the singular in creation which lines up with the scriptures above in the book of Isaiah.

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF; Isaiah 44:24

27 So God created man in "HIS" (Singular) own image, in the image of God created HE (singular) him; male and female created He (singular) them. Genesis 1:27 kjv

A BIBLICAL ANSWER! ALL THE GLORY TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!

We need to get into “every word” for it is written:. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 We can not leave out the old testament for it is written: For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4 I agree 100% with Napalm we need to get into the word of God and his word only! Unfortunately the word Trinity, Triune, trinitarianism are words not found in the Holy scriptures. You wont find any of those words in The King James Bible, not in the greek nor the Hebrew, Strongs Concordance, It was a busy day yesterday, but time to get into the word of God. So why teach or use a word that is non existent in the bible? We are here not to get into the opinions of men, the thoughts of men, the doctrines of men, the assumptions of men but the revelation of Jesus Christ! Our Lord and savior! We must keep in mind God has revealed himself to men from the beginning of time, From Genesis to The book of Revelation. We believe that Jesus Christ is Lord! For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9 kjv The Bible clearly teaches strict monotheism The Jewish people believe YHWH is one God. The word person (persona) does not appear in relation to God. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: Deuteronomy 6:4 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Galatians 3:20 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Ephesians 4:5 Monotheism is belief in one God. Which comes from two Greek words monos, meaning alone, single, one, and Theos, meaning God.
Just to clear things up I am not denying the Father, Son, Holy Ghost. As we go through the scriptures we will find how God revealed himself as

Father in Creation Malachi 2:10; Hebrews 12:9
Son in Redemption Colosians 1:14
Holy Spirit, God in Motion! Genesis 1:2

Here we can see a prophecy concerning the birth of Jesus, described as “Child Born” being “The Mighty God” and “Everlasting Father.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

As Napalm had mentioned before sometimes we go back to our roots coming from different denominations But if we get into the word Logos of God, truth is truth, bible is bible. When we get into trinity we are looking at Polytheist teaching one who believes in more than one God. Or tritheism the belief in three gods.The word “Trinity” is not in the bible. In fact let us go back to where this Trinitarianism root/doctrine originated. A little bit of history if you will, which in no doubt has influenced Napalms beliefs, and other Christian denominations. I believe the bible as it is, as a whole we don’t need to add or take away from its truth. Tertullian The father of Christian Trinitarianism (c. A.D 150-225) was the first person in recorded history to use the words trinity (Latin trinitas), substance (substania), and person (persona) in relation to God. He was the first to speak of three persons in substance (Latin: una substanita et tres personae) Just the fact the term Trinity came a few hundred years after Jesus Christ and after the apostles doctrine, tells me this revelation is completely false. Your telling me that The apostles of Jesus Christ who walked with the master had it all wrong? And several hundred years this great revelation of the trinity was given to Turullian? Which once again a word the apostles did not receive nor preach! A word that is not in the bible! Danger zone! That’s why the bible tells us we need to study Gods word and rightly divide.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
And cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against… 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:5-6
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16

Talk about resurrecting an old thread! The conclusion is obviously that God is just a human name for the race of aliens that decided to use earth as a testing ground for genetic experiments. Thats right. I said it.

Without getting into the deeper theological debates and very long winded and utterly boring explanations for the concept of the Old Testament Elohim which is translated in English as the plural "we" and "us", let's just say that this comes from some of the oldest OT manuscripts included in the Scriptures and simply depicts a 'heavenly host' or multi faceted diety.

English sometimes is woefully inadequate to express the deeper nuances and meanings of the ancient texts.

Last edited:
He is talking to the angels.

It teaches humbleness by the way he phrased it.

The next sentence says G-D made mankind.

This is to make it clear that there is one G-D.

Last edited:

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!?
Also he is not the Christian god.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?!?!?

God the Father God the Son God the Holy Ghost...

Duh!

Forum List

Back