genesis 6: 1

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

who are the sons of god

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

who are the sons of god

Genesis 6:1-4 refers to the sons of God and the daughters of men. There have been several suggestions as to who the sons of God were and why the children they had with daughters of men grew into a race of giants (that is what the word Nephilim seems to indicate).

The three primary views on the identity of the sons of God are 1) they were fallen angels, 2) they were powerful human rulers, or 3) they were godly descendants of Seth intermarrying with wicked descendants of Cain. Giving weight to the first theory is the fact that in the Old Testament the phrase “sons of God” always refers to angels (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7).

The Book of Enoch gives a more detailed account of the race of giants and fallen angels.

who are the sons of god

Genesis 6:1-4 refers to the sons of God and the daughters of men. There have been several suggestions as to who the sons of God were and why the children they had with daughters of men grew into a race of giants (that is what the word Nephilim seems to indicate).

The three primary views on the identity of the sons of God are 1) they were fallen angels, 2) they were powerful human rulers, or 3) they were godly descendants of Seth intermarrying with wicked descendants of Cain. Giving weight to the first theory is the fact that in the Old Testament the phrase “sons of God” always refers to angels (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7).

The Book of Enoch gives a more detailed account of the race of giants and fallen angels.

What he said.

I always understood the sons of god to be fallen angels or just angels that were low on the totem pole.
And the women gave birth to giants and other monsters.

I think it's more of an old memory. At one point in evolution we were all the same size as Shaq. But being that big, we needed lots of water, so eventually the smaller ones in that group lived longer, and evolved into us. At least that's what Nat Geo says on the evolution part.

who are the sons of god

What he said.

I always understood the sons of god to be fallen angels or just angels that were low on the totem pole.
And the women gave birth to giants and other monsters.

I think it's more of an old memory. At one point in evolution we were all the same size as Shaq. But being that big, we needed lots of water, so eventually the smaller ones in that group lived longer, and evolved into us. At least that's what Nat Geo says on the evolution part.

What you described with the giants dying off leaving smaller sized people has nothing to do with evolution. They were humans before and they are humans after.

Probably neanderthals. Archeological evidence suggests that modern humans and neanderthals lived side by side for a short time.
hi, neighbor!
Modern humans and Neanderthals occupied the same sites in what is now Israel, but it is not clear that the populations overlapped. The Neanderthals seem to have occupied the sites during cold periods and the modern humans during spells of warmer weather.

The presence of modern humans in Israel 100,000 years ago was long assumed to have been a failed attempt to leave Africa, since there is no archaeological evidence of modern humans outside Africa until some 44,000 years ago. But geneticists led by Svante Paabo of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology argue that this earlier attempt was in fact successful, and that modern humans commingled with Neanderthals in the Near East before going on to occupy Europe and Asia. This would explain, they say, why Neanderthal genes are found in Europeans and Asians but not in Africans.

Dr. Klein said interbreeding between the two species was perfectly possible in principle, “but it’s kind of anti-archaeological because there is no evidence that they overlapped” in the Near East.

“I would be more convinced if it were in fact postulated for the extensive, if brief, contact between Neanderthals and modern humans after 50,000 years ago,” he said.

Probably neanderthals. Archeological evidence suggests that modern humans and neanderthals lived side by side for a short time.
hi, neighbor!
Modern humans and Neanderthals occupied the same sites in what is now Israel, but it is not clear that the populations overlapped. The Neanderthals seem to have occupied the sites during cold periods and the modern humans during spells of warmer weather.

The presence of modern humans in Israel 100,000 years ago was long assumed to have been a failed attempt to leave Africa, since there is no archaeological evidence of modern humans outside Africa until some 44,000 years ago. But geneticists led by Svante Paabo of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology argue that this earlier attempt was in fact successful, and that modern humans commingled with Neanderthals in the Near East before going on to occupy Europe and Asia. This would explain, they say, why Neanderthal genes are found in Europeans and Asians but not in Africans.

Dr. Klein said interbreeding between the two species was perfectly possible in principle, “but it’s kind of anti-archaeological because there is no evidence that they overlapped” in the Near East.

“I would be more convinced if it were in fact postulated for the extensive, if brief, contact between Neanderthals and modern humans after 50,000 years ago,” he said.

Mere speculation.

Interesting topic!
At the same time, the genome sequence does provide evidence that humans and Neanderthals have interbred. This became apparent when the Neanderthal genome was paired against human genomes from different parts of the globe. The Neanderthal DNA consistently matched European and Asian samples better than it did African; the difference was small, but consistent. It suggested that the Neanderthals, which were restricted to Europe and Asia at the time modern humans originated in Africa, had interbred with humans once they began migrating out of Africa.

Because African human populations are older, they tend to have more divergent genomes. But the human-Neanderthal split is older still, so the authors figured that any areas of the genome where variation was larger in populations outside of Africa may have entered the human genome through interbreeding. If they did arise through interbreeding, then the non-African segments should match Neanderthals. Researchers found at least 10 regions that fit these predictions.

Although they can't rule out the possibility that modern humans had already started diverging from Neanderthals before leaving Africa, the research team favors the idea of interbreeding in the Mid-East as the first modern humans left Africa. This would ensure that both the Asian and European populations picked up some Neanderthal DNA.

Ill answer that question with two scriptures:

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. (Psalms 82:6)

The question is who is that scripture talking about? Jesus answered that:

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? (John 10: 31-36)

Those who recieve the Word of God are the Sons of God. This passage is talking about how the covenant sons were seeking wives outside of the covenant among those who have not recieve the Word of God.

Sons of God were the fallen angels. The Nephilim were their children. They were all destroyed during the Flood.

who are the sons of god

I think it means that aliens in Pyramid ships landed and bred with the local females.

I thought Jesus was the only son of God.

This religion stuff gets more confusing everyday.

who are the sons of god

There are two opposing views to this. Judaism the Jewish faith believe these are sons of nobles and Christians believe these are rebellious angels that tool wives and their offspring was very evil and they were called nephlims. Which were giants on the earth.

hi, neighbor!

Mere speculation.

Look... I'm a Christian... But this undying "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" thing you guys have going is quite humorous. So, if an idea does not come from the bible... it's "speculation" but if it does, then it's fact.

OK... Now I understand why your obsession with the Constitution is so devout. You put the "founding fathers" in the class of God... or at least Demi-Gods.... it's all coming clear to me. You're a Zealot that has no clue what God wants from us anymore than anyone else does.... you just THINK you do.

You will look at fossils that have been Carbon Dated at hundreds of millions of years ago... but refuse to accept that the world is older than 4-5,000 years old. I know... the Devil put those fossils there to confuse us. Well.... that could be, but it's speculation.

Forum List

Back