Genes, Not 'Culture' - Why Japanese Don't Loot

Just as there is some kind of biological predisposition that makes Native Americans susceptible to alcohol.

Africans seem to have a genetic proclivity to loot and steal. :doubt:

Using that theory you can also say its in Muslims genes to commit terrorism and blow themselves up, you know better than that. That whole theory is bullshit.

The Japanese had no "gene" that prevented atrocities in China; that was certainly LOOTING of a nation.

There is no such gene. Idiotic racists desperately want to believe in made-up bullshit to justify their fear and ignorance. They love to prattle on about genetics when real science disproves all their cowardly nonsense. They can't abide any realistic talk of culture, influence, or circumstance because it undermines their entire racist view of the world, without which they have nothing to hide their craven weakness even from themselves.

I just dont buy genes determine behavior, it's a copout. Behavior has changed, because culture has changed throughout history.

Umm the Japanese did loot after their hurricane or whatever, so this article can be scrapped under the bullshit files, thanks.

Really? Do you have some proof of this? Or whatever?

)))thought avatar was in jest, but apparently, it's real(((

Yes, yes I do you dumb son of a bitch.

Looting Rears Its Head in Japan - WSJ.com

- Chicago Sun-Times

SB10001424052748703410604576216293024644156.html

So you can take your lips off the Japanese peoples ass cheeks now, they are people and they loot and steal when they are desperate just like the rest of us.

Umm the Japanese did loot after their hurricane or whatever, so this article can be scrapped under the bullshit files, thanks.

- Chicago Sun-Times

So you can take your lips off the Japanese peoples ass cheeks now, they are people and they loot and steal when they are desperate just like the rest of us.

It was only on the news all day every day for months. There was looting as well as other crime in the affected area. Less than you might expect to see elsewhere but as HG says, people are people.

- Chicago Sun-Times

From your article.

More than 10 days after the earthquake and waves hit this city facing the Pacific Ocean on Japan's northeastern coast, most victims of the twin disasters have handled the crisis with extraordinary restraint. Despite the lack of food, water, medicine and gasoline, few Japanese in the hardest-hit areas have complained, and there has been little sign of looting. However, as more stories of struggle and survival trickle out of smashed seaside communities, there is some evidence that the chaotic circumstances may have proved too much of a temptation for a small minority. Most of the looting incidents appear to target necessities in tight supply after the disaster, such as food and gasoline, rather than durable goods.

This isn't genetic, but it is cultural as the Japanese have very strong feelings about showing respect. They have a strong respect for property rights and lack the sense of entitlement to what others have so prevalent in the west.

- Chicago Sun-Times

From your article.

More than 10 days after the earthquake and waves hit this city facing the Pacific Ocean on Japan's northeastern coast, most victims of the twin disasters have handled the crisis with extraordinary restraint. Despite the lack of food, water, medicine and gasoline, few Japanese in the hardest-hit areas have complained, and there has been little sign of looting. However, as more stories of struggle and survival trickle out of smashed seaside communities, there is some evidence that the chaotic circumstances may have proved too much of a temptation for a small minority. Most of the looting incidents appear to target necessities in tight supply after the disaster, such as food and gasoline, rather than durable goods.

This isn't genetic, but it is cultural as the Japanese have very strong feelings about showing respect. They have a strong respect for property rights and lack the sense of entitlement to what others have so prevalent in the west.

I understand that but the fact stands looting did occur, the Japanese people were not the Saints that Billie made them out to be.

Looting?

in a situation like a natural disastor people are allowed to gleen what they need to survive untill help arrives.

The stores in the area of such a large scale disaster will all call the inventory a full loss anyway.

I remember in Katrina people being called looters for taking water and shoes from abandoned stores.

Thanks for starting this thread! You stated exactly what I've always believed and found is fully supported scientifically through the extensive research I did for my Masters thesis on this EXACT topic.

I don't think that the concept of INTELLIGENCE as the major force at play within the various races/cultures will ever be fully embraced. Go figure....the average American has an IQ of about 99 (make that 97.3 in AZ).

DON'T RE-NIG IN 2012!!!

:wine:

Just as there is some kind of biological predisposition that makes Native Americans susceptible to alcohol.

Africans seem to have a genetic proclivity to loot and steal. :doubt:

Using that theory you can also say its in Muslims genes to commit terrorism and blow themselves up, you know better than that. That whole theory is bullshit.
'Muslim' isn't a race...
It is when he yanks the pin out of the hand grenade super glued to his testicles !:eek::lol:

Japan's society is more structured that ours.

It is more socialized, and its people identify themselves as being part of that greater whole that the average American does.

Their government ALSO identifies its role as being the protector of its people in a way that ours never has either.

Hence CRIME is lower than there because people feel like they are
PART of that system in a way most of us DO NOT.

Japan's society is more structured that ours.

It is more socialized, and its people identify themselves as being part of that greater whole that the average American does.

Their government ALSO identifies its role as being the protector of its people in a way that ours never has either.

Don't overdo it. Politicians there are as corrupt and inept as those here, and making generalizations about what entire peoples feel is a mistake.

The Japanese are homogeous? Tell that to the Koreans and Chinese that have lived there for generations, speak only Japanese but are still not citizens!

That's why the Japanese are homogenous and not multicultural. Homogenous does not mean the same thing as inclusive. It's the opposite.

New Topics

Forum List

Back