General Video Game Discussion

I grew up with pac man and space invaders.

Oddysey game system anyone?

Well I meant computer games, I wasn't sure if we were talking in general. :lol:

I grew up with SNES/NES then Genesis. I always a Genesis kid after getting it but I use to love the SNES/NES for the Mario games and other ones. I also have an Atari system around here somewhere. That system had some messed up games. :lol:

AoE was a fun game, especailly the fantastic stuff that was done with the campaigns, I recall there was a fantastic one of the Greeks vs the persians.

I remmeber being in a club and seeing a sitdown table top version of 'space invaders.'

I had an odysey back in the early 80s. But, i'll do one better... Ever play the Intellivision? Tron Deadly Disk was bad to the fucking bone.

I'm fooling around with some old ones, Lucas Arts makes a nice value pack called 'Star Wars the best of PC' which has some older but fun Star Wars quest and battle games.

The game includes Knights of the old republic &Jedi Knight 2, Jedi outcast for the RPG gang, and Empire at war, battlefront & republican commando for the RTS types.

Good value for under $30 bucks, even if somewhat old.

Do they have that game for sony playstation 3?

I have sonics ulitmate genesis collection. Its about 40 classic games on one disc like Altered Beast, Sonic Series, golden axe, ect ect.

I don't think so, the games are from a few years ago (but still look and play great).

Jedi 2 outcast screen shot
jedi-knight-iioutcast.jpg

KOTR screen shot
10990754972.jpg

Jedi 2 in the begining is kind of like the original Star Wars, you run around blasting Imperials (and it uses the great old music and sound effects) until you find a light saber and start using teh force.

KOTR is a very involved RPG that lets you choose the path of your character for good, bad or neutral, and visits a lot of different planents, even though its set thousands of years before the Star Wars story arch.

Empire at war is a RTS game that lets you be either the empire or rebels, and has spce and ground combat.

EAW screen shot
cin06b.jpg

I haen't gotten round to the other two games yet.

For about 35 bucks its well worth it.

The added benifit is since these games are a few years old, they are already patched and play just fine on most common PCs without long load times or lag.

I grew up with SNES/NES then Genesis. I always a Genesis kid after getting it but I use to love the SNES/NES for the Mario games and other ones. I also have an Atari system around here somewhere. That system had some messed up games. :lol:

Kaboom! anyone?

Kaboom! anyone?

Kaboomcover.jpg

:D

Forum List

Back