General Video Game Discussion

Starhawk Beta Footage. Its not me recording but you can see my screenname pop up on the screen.

Its the 2nd time the girl recording the footage ever played.

Also its still in the private closed beta phase and yet looks good already.

short flight vid
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVuCHXBTu3s]Starhawk Beta 1.0.7 - Short Flight Clip - YouTube[/ame]

full game with build, ground, and air footage.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA7sYLwa5E8]Starhawk Private Beta 1.0.7 - Space - Full Match - YouTube[/ame]

I was watching G4 on TV and one game people may not know about is Forza Motorsport 4.

I've been playing it since before Christmas. Compared to every other racing game it totally rules. Imagine getting into any hot car in the world and taking it for a spin on any Grand Prix track in the world. It is so realistic you almost can feel the wind going thru your hair. It's made by Microsoft. It is also Kinect enabled. Need for Speed sucks compared to it.

Last edited:
I was watching G4 on TV and one game people may not know about is Forza Motorsport 4.

I've been playing it since before Christmas. Compared to every other racing game it totally rules. Imagine getting into any hot car in the world and taking it for a spin on any Grand Prix track in the world. It is so realistic you almost can feel the wind going thru your hair. It's made by Microsoft. It is also Kinect enabled. Need for Speed sucks compared to it.

Racing games come in a lot of classes.

Hardcore sims like the GTR series place a great deal of focus on realism. Expect to run a G27 series wheel and spend more time tweaking suspension and sub-systems as you do racing. Sims are unforgiving and require absolute perfection in driving.

GTR, GTR2 and GTR Evolution, by SimBin

On the other extreme are the arcade games. The Needforspeed series is where this is at. Floaty controls and no attention to reality. The "Underground" games were designed to appeal to kids with rice burners and feature Scions that outperformed Ferrari's - to appeal to the fantasy of the kids buying it.

NFS Shift (1-2) is an exception as the "sim" entries of the series, though not of the GTR level.

Then there are those in the middle.

Dirt, Forza, Test Drive, Blur, etc.

These don't take themselves too seriously, but they aren't the absurd arcade games of NFS or Midnight Club. More approachable than sims, but not silly like the arcade games, these tend to be the best sellers of the genre.

There are race games for every taste. Want to get in an F1? You can, but you have to work for it. Want to do some casual Rally Cross? Dirt3 is there for you. Want to play with cartoon cars? NFS is ready to go.

I am the addicted of the games and in these days i am playing following games
Battlefield 3
Gears of war
League of Legends
Skyrim

I got hooked on skyrim for a while.

I'm still beta testing that starhawk RTS combined with FPS game. Its in the public stage now.

Its nice to see my old thread up and active :D

Racing games come in a lot of classes.

Hardcore sims like the GTR series place a great deal of focus on realism. Expect to run a G27 series wheel and spend more time tweaking suspension and sub-systems as you do racing. Sims are unforgiving and require absolute perfection in driving.

GTR, GTR2 and GTR Evolution, by SimBin

On the other extreme are the arcade games. The Needforspeed series is where this is at. Floaty controls and no attention to reality. The "Underground" games were designed to appeal to kids with rice burners and feature Scions that outperformed Ferrari's - to appeal to the fantasy of the kids buying it.

NFS Shift (1-2) is an exception as the "sim" entries of the series, though not of the GTR level.

Then there are those in the middle.

Dirt, Forza, Test Drive, Blur, etc.

These don't take themselves too seriously, but they aren't the absurd arcade games of NFS or Midnight Club. More approachable than sims, but not silly like the arcade games, these tend to be the best sellers of the genre.

There are race games for every taste. Want to get in an F1? You can, but you have to work for it. Want to do some casual Rally Cross? Dirt3 is there for you. Want to play with cartoon cars? NFS is ready to go.

Forza seems to run the gambit.

You can run it on Easy and you get steering,shifting, and braking-assist, or boost it up so you hhave to do everything yourself. They also allow you to ether tweek your car in tuneup mode or do an upgrade to a better powerplantn tires, suspension, transmission, or whatever. It has about 300 different events for different types of cars starting at F200 class all the way up to X999.

Consumerism has made our era the age of lifestyle colloquialization (i.e., Burger King).

Relevant life-themed video games such as SimCity (Maxis) are very popular, since they encourage players to imagine real life scenarios when creating scenes or dominions.

The American comic book has risen to social esteem because of this trend and has given the art of storytelling a refreshing populism-access graffiti-art face. The series of video games featuring various comic book characters battling cherished video game warrior avatars (i.e., Marvel vs. Capcom) has therefore seen a rise in sales.

I would like to see an old world folk tale themed combat video game featuring, for example, a lush battle gameplay option with Lancelot (Camelot's first knight) and Mordred (Camelot's greatest challenger) as prime contenders. Why not celebrate the long lineage of folk tales by introducing old literary characters into the video game universe?

Such ideas reveal the social demand for video game realm themed Hollywood (USA) movies such as "The Wizard" (1989).

:eusa_boohoo:

3081195-wolverine_inmortal_new_poster_latino_e_cine_1.jpg

any video game fans here?

I have a ps3 and enjoy the occasional gaming session :D. My latest game is Battlefield 1943. its fairly fun

I've also been playing Pixle Junk Monsters lately, great simple strategy game.

card.png

Speaking of video games:

US Air Force connects 1,760 PlayStation 3's to build supercomputer

In fact, it's because of video games and movies industry gets major support. Physics algorithms and 3d modeling are developed by games and movies because they have the money. The code is tweaked, has a fancy interface slapped over it and eventually becomes 3d engineering programs like Inventor Professional. It's no coincidence that a company like Autodesk sells both movie/gaming software and engineering software.

The kernel may have gotten it's start through research, the military or a university, but it's development continues with games and movies.

Industry buys only a fraction of the seats that are bought by games and movies.

Forum List

Back