General Video Game Discussion

I'm still playing the shit out of Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. I admit, I enjoy smoking a few bowls and then sniping motherfuckers trying to take down my flag.

Tiger woods, madden and a few other sports games are also in the lineup.

Agreed on the pc > console argument. Ever since discovering mouse look with Jedi Knight Outcast I find that console gaming is just too restrictive.

I'm still playing the shit out of Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. I admit, I enjoy smoking a few bowls and then sniping motherfuckers trying to take down my flag.

Agreed on the pc > console argument. Ever since discovering mouse look with Jedi Knight Outcast I find that console gaming is just too restrictive.
I'm not a big fan of consoles for anything but sports games.

The only console game I liked last year Call of Duty world at war but even that got old after awhile.

the ting that REALLY turns me off to fps on consoles is the split screen. Granted, xbox live has done wonders with console multiplayer gaming but.. I dunno. I remember quake 2 on the campus servers and there was nothing on console that could touch it. Then, golden eye and every other split screen game, I think, just sucked.

One thing I've always found fascinating about console gaming, especially regarding fps, is the reverse y axis setting. I MUST reverse the y axis setting and it drives my friends batshit crazy when I have to change setting before I play a round. I'm curious what the psychology is behind that. I'm betting it's related to regular vs goofy footed skating.

A15 was talking about that latest one, they pulled religion from it.

They took a TON out of the latest one. Its a dumbed down version of civilization for the consoles.

Hey shogun i do the same thing. My buddy will pick up the control and play and get PISSED :D "How come when I push down on the control stick the plane goes up" :D :lol:

Have you tried battlefield 1943 or Bad Company? Bad company has the most hillarious story line.

I didn't really care for 1943 because of the weapon selection. This is is also why I play more BF 2 than BF 2142. The thing that really makes those games fun is knowing that somewhere in the ether there is some dude cussing like a fiend because I just blew his fucking head off from a vantage point on top of a building. I blame it on the ole railgun in Q2. Believe it or not, halflife was a damn good arena game too.

yea, Reverse Y Axis UNITE!

I'm a Civ4 BtS guy myself. I've been playing Civ since the very beginning, and I mean the very beginning. Like 1990/1991...

Sid-Meiers-Civilization(2).jpg

I'm a Civ4 BtS guy myself. I've been playing Civ since the very beginning, and I mean the very beginning. Like 1990/1991...

Sid-Meiers-Civilization(2).jpg

Yup i used to play the first civ also....remember this?

CivilizationamigaUK_boxart_160w.jpg

Civ02.png
And that is the windows version, which wasn't as much fun, as it looked crappy and had below average music compared to the cart.

Civ 2 is where this franchise really took off.

Crusade1.png

So what do you like better civ3 or civ4?

I love civ3 to death but the choosing a religion and spreading it to make relations with your neighbors easier aspect of civ4 is a lot of fun too.

I've enjoyed them all very much, so it's hard to say which I like best. I tend to move on with the new releases and stick with those so I guess I would have to say Civ4: BtS is my favorite. I hear rumors of a Civ5 coming out soon, when it does, that will probably usurp Civ4 as my favorite.

I have also been enjoying Sid Meirs Railroads off and on. What can I say? I like trains.

I didn't like Civ 3 for a few reasons.

The first was you couldn't zoom in so everything looked tiny.

Next I hated the design decision that you could only have a certain number of cities that produce, after you recahed the limit cities had only 1 production no matter the terrian or improvements.

But the thing that killed it for me was the pollution clean up, once you industrialized every turn the game 'threw up' waste and you had to send out hoardes of workers to clean it up. Very lame.

Civ 4 BTS is the one I play most now, but Civ 2 MGE was the one I got the most out of, from the great MP games to the many wonderful fan created scenarios.

They took a TON out of the latest one. Its a dumbed down version of civilization for the consoles.

Hey shogun i do the same thing. My buddy will pick up the control and play and get PISSED :D "How come when I push down on the control stick the plane goes up" :D :lol:

Have you tried battlefield 1943 or Bad Company? Bad company has the most hillarious story line.

So waitaminute ... I'm playing the retard version of Civ?

Dammit.

Smoking bowls and gaming go together like lamb and tuna fish.

So waitaminute ... I'm playing the retard version of Civ?

Dammit.

Yeah sorta. LOL

BTW thank you for the egyptian trick.....deity was never so easy ;).

I have no idea how well lamb and tuna go together so.. maybe I need to smoke a bowl first..

Forum List

Back