General Services Administration Scandal

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I don't think people leaning towards McCain realize just how corrupt the GOP has been for the past 8 years.

GSA Hiring a New Chief After Former One Quits | News | Architectural Record

The General Services Administration, best known to many architects as the nation’s landlord, may soon have a new leader, after its former chief resigned nine weeks ago in a cloud of scandal.

Doan became GSA chief in May 2006, after working for 15 years as the owner of company that sold surveillance equipment. Her troubles at the GSA began in January 2007, when she allegedly asked members of the Bush administration how her agency could help “our candidates” after participating in a White House briefing about the 2008 elections, reported the Washington Post.

Her comments caused a stir, and the U.S. Office of Special Counsel later found that she had violated the Hatch Act. The federal law, enacted in 1939, prohibits federal employees from taking actions that would influence an election. By keeping workers politically neutral, the thinking goes, government jobs are less inclined to fall prey to a Boss Tweed-style patronage system.

This wasn’t Doan’s only alleged misstep. Last summer, she was accused of awarding a $20,000 contract to a friend without going through the proper bidding process. The friend, who is a public relations executive, was hired to write a report describing the GSA’s use of minority- and female-owned businesses. Doan canceled the order after the press discovered that it didn’t comply with contracting rules.

So she's gone...an not protected.

Would the dems could make such claims when THEIR scandals erupt.

Schumer

Reid

Biden's kids

Rangel's apartment

Barney Frank's man-ho service

TED KENNEDY

Pres. Clinton and her worthless husband

Studds

Shall I continue?

So she's gone...an not protected.

Would the dems could make such claims when THEIR scandals erupt.

Schumer

Reid

Biden's kids

Rangel's apartment

Barney Frank's man-ho service

TED KENNEDY

Pres. Clinton and her worthless husband

Studds

Shall I continue?

how about sandy berger stealing national archive documents to save the clintons some sort of embarrassment. since he took the originals and destroyed them we'll never know what ol' slick willy and hillary got away with.

http://http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/20/AR2007022001344.html

President Clinton's former national security adviser Samuel R. "Sandy" Berger could have stolen original, uncatalogued, highly classified terrorism documents 14 months earlier by wrapping them around his socks and beneath his pants, as National Archives staff member John Laster reported witnessing.

then to pay ol' sandy back for stealing said documents hillary hires him again as an advisor on her campaign. he must really have something on the clintons no???

I don't think people leaning towards McCain realize just how corrupt the GOP has been for the past 8 years.

The General Services Administration, best known to many architects as the nation’s landlord, may soon have a new leader, after its former chief resigned nine weeks ago in a cloud of scandal.

Doan became GSA chief in May 2006, after working for 15 years as the owner of company that sold surveillance equipment. Her troubles at the GSA began in January 2007, when she allegedly asked members of the Bush administration how her agency could help “our candidates” after participating in a White House briefing about the 2008 elections, reported the Washington Post.

Her comments caused a stir, and the U.S. Office of Special Counsel later found that she had violated the Hatch Act. The federal law, enacted in 1939, prohibits federal employees from taking actions that would influence an election. By keeping workers politically neutral, the thinking goes, government jobs are less inclined to fall prey to a Boss Tweed-style patronage system.

This wasn’t Doan’s only alleged misstep. Last summer, she was accused of awarding a $20,000 contract to a friend without going through the proper bidding process. The friend, who is a public relations executive, was hired to write a report describing the GSA’s use of minority- and female-owned businesses. Doan canceled the order after the press discovered that it didn’t comply with contracting rules.

I hope you got something better than that to convince me to vote for the Barack Obama, Candy give away ,gapers block on the freeway.

I hope you got something better than that to convince me to vote for the Barack Obama, Candy give away ,gapers block on the freeway.

Lower taxes.. more effective government.. more inexpensive health care and pharmacuticals... more jobs, stronger middle class, shall I continue or is that enough...

Lower taxes.. more effective government.. more inexpensive health care and pharmacuticals... more jobs, stronger middle class, shall I continue or is that enough...

and a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage. How many times does he think we've been around the block ?

The usual spinning out of control by sillybooboo. Why is it one person is always representative of the whole with artards like you?

Just think if normal people thought ALL Democrats/liberals were like YOU? The entire party would be comprised of you, kirk, and few other screwballs.

For your edification, being part of the government bureaucracy means expressing support at other than an individual level is a no-no and trying to stir up support for one candidate or another is as well. If they fire her ass, she deserves it.

Doesn't make you less of an idiot for trying to present it as anything more than it is.

Forum List

Back