General Powel: ****ALL 16**** Intel Agencies ***LIED*** to US

dynamite-explosion-708395.png

I have no use for 'powell' , just another lib in my opinion , just a comment !!

The point is that the "intelligence community" LIES LIKE A RUG.

Contumacious, Gen Powell was an enthusiastic supporter of the admin he was part of, but there were rumors back then that the 'dogs of war' Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz, together with Cheney, cherry-picked data. It has been said that they rejected the doubts offered, and there were several. It is said that Rumsfeld suggested an Iraqi invasion well before 911. I cannot verify any of this, but with that in mind, and with Powell's epiphany after his UN speech, I do not accept that the intel community has done anything of the sort. What I DO accept is that President Trump's all new intel team will be compliant to his wishes...IOW, LIE LIKE RUGS. You DO realize that with our intel community utterly discredited, and with Trump's lean towards disbanding NATO, Russia has a clear path to restoring the old USSR. So who is it we are making 'Great Again'? NATO was specifically created to keep the USSR in check. Today, the Baltic States and Poland are very nervous, and Putin is not happy that Georgia has requested acceptance into NATO. And now thoughtless Americans are rejecting their own intel because Putin says they lied, and a narcissistic President touts KGB intel . Wake up, friend..don't trust..verify!

While it's true that the intelligence community got some of the information wrong, it's also true that the Bush administration overstated information.

That being said, it's also true that Russia is an enemy of the United States. Trump and you are aiding the enemy.

It's so sad that calling someone a liar comes so easy to those who have no personal knowledge of the experience of those they attack. A lie is an attempt to mislead; when labeling a mistake in judgment, or an utterance which proves to be wrong a lie is a cop out, unless other evidence exists.

For example, the invasion of Iraq was predicated on its possession of WMD's by the Bush Administration, and yet, many of those who signed the Project for a New American Century's Statement of Principles in 1997 sought to engage Saddam, but no effort or discussion was articulated by the same people to engage N. Korea which was a greater threat to the US than was Iraq.

Two reasons stand out as an explanation:
  1. Oil
  2. The attempt on the life of George H. W. Bush

Last edited:
Cheney would have figured out a way to get us into Iraq regardless.
Iraq is an illustration of what happens when civilians pressure intelligence people for politically motivated conclusions. And that's what many people fear Trump will do
I wonder what countries will have evidence of stockpiling WMD's under Trump's tenure.

Contumacious, Gen Powell was an enthusiastic supporter of the admin he was part of, but there were rumors back then that the 'dogs of war' Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz, together with Cheney, cherry-picked data. It has been said that they rejected the doubts offered, and there were several. It is said that Rumsfeld suggested an Iraqi invasion well before 911. I cannot verify any of this, but with that in mind, and with Powell's epiphany after his UN speech, I do not accept that the intel community has done anything of the sort. What I DO accept is that President Trump's all new intel team will be compliant to his wishes...IOW, LIE LIKE RUGS. You DO realize that with our intel community utterly discredited, and with Trump's lean towards disbanding NATO, Russia has a clear path to restoring the old USSR. So who is it we are making 'Great Again'? NATO was specifically created to keep the USSR in check. Today, the Baltic States and Poland are very nervous, and Putin is not happy that Georgia has requested acceptance into NATO. And now thoughtless Americans are rejecting their own intel because Putin says they lied, and a narcissistic President touts KGB intel . Wake up, friend..don't trust..verify!

HUH?

You mean, Gen Powell didn't thoroughly discredit the intel communities in 2003?

Harry S Truman - who created the CIA - had reservations about the agency

He questioned whether a president would ever be able to tell when he was being fed bullshit - like what Dulles did to JFK

the agencies should be thoroughly discredited and abolished.

They got fooled.

After Desert Storm, Saddam wasn't afraid of the USA, he was afraid of Iran.

So he put out word that he had WMD's. All sorts of them.

The idea was to keep Iran from Invading and kicking his ass. But they believed him. They believed he had Nukes. Because -- That's what he wanted them to believe.

Even his own Generals thought he had Nukes.

When we invaded in '03 and the Iraqis were getting their asses kicked, Saddam's Generals asked him to release the WMDs to their control.

When he replied that he didn't have any they were as shocked as could be. They really thought he did.

This all came out when the FBI debriefed him. It's fact.

If anybody's interested enough, they can find it.

Intelligence can be wrong. And sometimes Intel agencies just lie. That's why i'm surprised so many are appalled that Trump has disputed some Intel claims. It's like 'How dare he?!' But it's actually very wise to question Intel.

Intel agencies like the CIA and NSA have their own agendas. They have to be questioned and reigned in. That's the President's job in my opinion. As the OP said, the Intel agencies were either wrong, or they just lied us into war with Iraq.

Intelligence can be wrong. And sometimes Intel agencies just lie. That's why i'm so surprised so many are appalled that Trump has disputed some Intel claims. It's like 'How dare he?!' But it's actually very wise to question Intel. Intel agencies like the CIA and NSA have their own agendas. They have to be questioned and reigned in. That's the President's job in my opinion. As the OP said, the Intel agencies were either wrong, or they just lied us into war with Iraq.

The Lying Cocksucker appoints lying scum to every position including, maybe ESPECIALLY, to Intelligence Posts.

Just a fact.

Intelligence can be wrong. And sometimes Intel agencies just lie. That's why i'm surprised so many are appalled that Trump has disputed some Intel claims. It's like 'How dare he?!' But it's actually very wise to question Intel.

Intel agencies like the CIA and NSA have their own agendas. They have to be questioned and reigned in. That's the President's job in my opinion. As the OP said, the Intel agencies were either wrong, or they just lied us into war with Iraq.

And they were about to lie us into a world war with russia.

Forum List

Back