General: Obama Knew Bin Laden Hideout Since Summer 2010...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
General Jack Keane (Retired), the former Vice Chief of Staff of the Army, claims Barack Obama knew about Osama Bin Laden’s hideout since the summer of 2010.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsT4Tmc_K4g]Top General: Obama Knew OBL's Hideout Since Summer of 2010 - Refused to Act - YouTube[/ame]

There is knowledge and then there is the plan to use that knowledge. Thankfully Admiral McRaven was able to formulate the plan.

The CIA led the effort to surveil and gather intelligence on the compound; other critical roles in the operation were played by other American government agencies, including the National Security Agency, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), and US Defense Department.[33] According to The Washington Post, "The [intelligence-gathering] effort was so extensive and costly that the CIA went to Congress in December [2010] to secure authority to reallocate tens of millions of dollars within assorted agency budgets to fund it, U.S. officials said.

Death of Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forgive me here, but the thread title implies something that is a bit off the mark here paul, the US Intelliegnce community along with several members of those authorized to know in Congress, were aware of this fact as well during the planning stages of this "operation".

ObamaWaffles1.png

obama-waffle-house-joe-biden-golf-white-house-luftwaffle-flip-flop-sad-hill-news.jpg

One more thing, I am sure that Admiral McRaven who also knew did not consult with a General who had by that time been retired over 7 years as to where and when this operation was to proceed. The bottom line is an operation like this needs to be planned, and your talking about entering into a soverign nation without permission and in order to make that decision you need to be 100% sure your target is actually there. Frankly, as for the Presidents part that is where his credit for this ends, however the simple implication that somehow the President knew and didn't act till sometime later calls into question some very honorable people among them Admiral McRaven. The General knows full well what it takes to plan then execute a plan and the time it takes to execute a plan. This operation was a big plus and served to show the honorable way in which US Navy operators conduct their business in defense of this nation and it is they who in the end deserve thanks here, of which the General knows as well as I do.

The video you offer directly contradicts your claim. In it, Keane says that Obama had "circumstantial evidence" that bin Laden was at the site, not that he "knew" it. Keane does express concern that the long time between the first indication that bin Laden might be at the site and the actual mission may have compromised the mission. Given the success of the mission (and the failure of the military to capture bin Laden at Tora Bora, when Keane was serving) I find these concerns speculative at best.

Obama timed his attack on the bin Laden compound perfectly

He got his man didn't he?

Yep, obama was right there, sniper rifle in hand.

What I like to see are democrats consistently using this raid to promote obama as the hero. It is going a very long way to reinforce the idea that obama is an arrogant, self-aggrandizing, egotist who is exploting the acts of better men than himself for personal gain. obama's claim that he got Bin Laden, when he clearly did not do so, has taken on a life of its own and will propagate even if obama would no rather just forget he ever made such a claim himself.

He wasn't there. He was in DC, safe and snug in the White House. He did not plan it, he did not implement it. He said 'ok'. And he made sure that he had an 'out' to blame the military if it was unsuccessful.

And no, he didn't 'get his man'. That man wasn't 'his', he was 'ours'... and SEAL Team 6 got him on our behalf. SEALs rock.

I'd be willing to bet we knew of his whereabouts before 2010. Probably before 2009.

Sometimes you just have to wait for the timing to be right.

There is an old Navy motto that goes something like this....

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
(Not for self, but country)

I like to think that everyone involved in the operation to get what we can all agree on what was a vile human being, had that in mind at the time and still does.

He wasn't there. He was in DC, safe and snug in the White House. He did not plan it, he did not implement it. He said 'ok'. And he made sure that he had an 'out' to blame the military if it was unsuccessful.

And no, he didn't 'get his man'. That man wasn't 'his', he was 'ours'... and SEAL Team 6 got him on our behalf. SEALs rock.

Now wait a minute Cali Girl..
You cant have it both ways. Either Obama knew bin Laden was in the compound in May of 2010 or he had no control over when the raid was conducted

I suspect sour grapes are coming into play

And no, the Navy SEALS do not get all the credit either. There was an entire intelligence community that did the leg work in tracking him down and verifying the target. Our President is also the one who pulled the trigger on the operation whether you choose to acknowledge it or not

There is an old Navy motto that goes something like this....

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
(Not for self, but country)

I like to think that everyone involved in the operation to get what we can all agree on what was a vile human being, had that in mind at the time and still does.

That's because our military care about country. Our politicians.... it's more 'not for country, but self'.

Forum List

Back