General Motors to Build New Models in India

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I wonder how Mohindra and Tata are going take this news.

---

NEW DELHI— General Motors Co. is retooling its game plan for India, betting $1 billion it can emerge as a bigger force in a market where it currently is a bit player with a somewhat tarnished reputation.

Stefan Jacoby, running some of the Detroit auto maker’s operations in international markets, said Wednesday that one Indian factory will be closed, shifting focus to a single plant with 220,000 vehicles of capacity. That factory, in the state of Maharashtra, will in five years produce 10 new Chevrolet models, a third of which will be earmarked for export.

“Today we draw the line and mark the beginning of a new General Motors here in India,” Mr. Jacoby said at a news conference attended by Chief Executive Mary Barra. “We have a lot of hard work ahead of us.”

The auto maker’s sales are down sharply in India through six months, even as the wider industry has grown modestly and as India is seen as one of the emerging markets with the highest potential. Having to recall 269,000 vehicles in the past two years in India, GM has seen its image take a hit.

General Motors to Build New Models in India Some for Export - WSJ

Good thing we bailed them out.
Uummmmm, they already have a market in India, nowhere does it say they're moving their US manufacturing to India........

Who....General Motors ?

Great.

Are you saying that if the U.S. GM had gone under that it would not have affected the India market ?
How the fuck did you pull that out of your ass?? :dunno:

My apologies.....

I didn't think the question through.

And I am sincerely asking.

If GM had gone under would it have affected GM-India (does that exist) ?

Good thing we bailed them out.
Uummmmm, they already have a market in India, nowhere does it say they're moving their US manufacturing to India........

Who....General Motors ?

Great.

Are you saying that if the U.S. GM had gone under that it would not have affected the India market ?
How the fuck did you pull that out of your ass?? :dunno:

My apologies.....

I didn't think the question through.

And I am sincerely asking.

If GM had gone under would it have affected GM-India (does that exist) ?
Don't know, don't care. :dunno:

Ringel05 Thank you for trying to make sense of his posts! I could not understand for the life of me where he was headed.
From the way he/she posts it looks like English may not be his or her first language. I was dealing with hatemongers and idiots in other threads so my response here was colored by that experience. Maybe I should have responded differently.

Ringel05 Thank you for trying to make sense of his posts! I could not understand for the life of me where he was headed.
From the way he/she posts it looks like English may not be his or her first language. I was dealing with hatemongers and idiots in other threads so my response here was colored by that experience. Maybe I should have responded differently.

Hate mongers are plenty on this forum.

Hate mongers are plenty on this forum.
Not really but those that are are very vocal. There's a few I've discovered that have been trying to fly under the radar but eventually out themselves.

Forum List

Back