General Electric (UN-American Traitors) gets booted from the Dow Jones! WHEE! Jail all known CEO's

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
General Electric gets booted from the Dow
S&P Dow Jones Indices announced on Tuesday that the iconic maker of light bulbs and jet engines will be replaced in the 30-stock index by Walgreens Boots Alliance.

GE (GE) was an original member of the Dow in 1896 and has been in it continuously since November 7, 1907.

Being ousted from the Dow is the latest indignity for GE, which is dealing with a serious cash crisis caused by years of bad deals. GE has replaced its CEO, slashed thousands of jobs and cut its coveted stock dividend in half.

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:
FFS! ASAP Cut 50% of all US contracts with them. Way overpriced and wasteful spending here.

S&P Dow Jones Indices announced on Tuesday that the iconic maker of light bulbs and jet engines will be replaced in the 30-stock index by Walgreens Boots Alliance.

GE (GE) was an original member of the Dow in 1896 and has been in it continuously since November 7, 1907.

Being ousted from the Dow is the latest indignity for GE, which is dealing with a serious cash crisis caused by years of bad deals. GE has replaced its CEO, slashed thousands of jobs and cut its coveted stock dividend in half.

FFS! ASAP Cut 50% of all US contracts with them. Way overpriced and wasteful spending here.

This is why I believe if there was gross mismanagement and abuse, shareholders should be engaged in class action lawsuits against those responsible and the Board of Directors who didn't do their job.

I'm not interested enough in this story to read about it, but abuses against shareholders is offensive and criminal. It must be treated with a hardline.

Why would you be cheering that? Don't you realize the people that are hurt most by GE's delisting are working class people who hold GE stock as part of their retirement? You probably don't. I suspect you have difficulty connecting the dots.

aiEY3Usg.jpg

The Dow Industrials aren't that industrial anymore. How is a drug store chain considered industrial? When I think of industry, I think of a large company that actually makes a product, not a retail outlet.

The DOW should reflect American industrial stocks. That way everybody gets a real idea of just how non-existent our domestic economy really is. GE has also been a master at tax refunds as well, some years milking over $20 billion+ in 'refunds' without paying anything at all in. They made more money off of the tax codes than they did actual business income. Such is how all the off-shoring is so popular and rewarding; without the taxpayer subsidies, tax deferments, and overseas hideouts, nobody in thier right minds would consider doing business with Red China, Mexico, or anywhere else, since it wouldn't be cost effective.

They were dropped from the stock index, which tracks the index of about 30 blue chips stocks, not from trading. They were the last original member of the index to still be in business. Stocks have been added or dropped 51 times since 1896.

The Dow Industrials aren't that industrial anymore. How is a drug store chain considered industrial? When I think of industry, I think of a large company that actually makes a product, not a retail outlet.

Live in the now.

3ED351C4-292D-4066-8F6D-B37F8AA5EBA0.png

Forum List

Back