General Clark on Fighting Terror

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Max Power, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2005-07-10-london-clark_x.htm

The flypaper strategy of "they'll attack us there instead of here" doesn't work. Retaliation doesn't work.

Considering that we're just going to "stay the course," it's only a matter of time before we're hit again.

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    It doesn't work? How do you know that? How does anybody know that?

Frankly, no matter what we do, it is only a matter of time before they hit us again. That's a given. To think otherwise is stupid. So he really isn't saying anything spectacular.

Keep this in mind... from 1992 to 2000 US interests were hit, on average, once every two years. Since 911, we haven't had another attack on US interest (that aren't involved in the war). So regardless of what the fool Clark might say, SOMETHING is working.... so why not give credit where credit is due?

3. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What doesn't work? Be more specific, I said more than one thing.

I wouldn't expect Switzerland to ever get hit.

That's specious reasoning. By your logic, I can claim that this rock is keeping away terrorists. Would you like to buy my rock?

BTW I like your little qualifier. Why don't we just declare war on anything, then we will never be attacked again (except for of course when we're involved in a war)!!

4. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

than to have them come here and kill us. Frankly I've never thought much of Gen. Clark he seems an intellectual lightweight. In addition he's a democrat which somewhat disqualifies him. Clark seems to be spouting the "let's not do anything overseas just secure the homeland and wait until next attacked". I'm not buying it.

Sure it will eventually take a change in Islamic attitudes but how long will that entail? Generations? A change in Islam itself? After all their mainstream ideology considers Christians and Jews to be "infidels that must be converted or destroyed". In my mind we need to put the fear of God, not allah, into them and Iraq is a start. And then "explain" it further to terrorist supporting states like Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia, that it isn't going to be "fruitful" or "healthy" to continue their terrorist support. It's going to be a long involved conflict which I'm not sure many in this country, particularly Democrats, have a recognition of nor the gut to wage. Here's praying, to God not allah, that we are not struck again, but should we be, we must be prepared to fight the long fight and exterminate, with extreme prejudice rather than the kid glove pc treatment we have fought the war thus far with, our enemy.. Thank you and have a pleasant tommorow.

5. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a pretty closed minded view.

Again with the closed mindedness
    Do a little research
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam#Islam_and_other_religions
    You're not going to have much luck putting the fear of God into SUICIDE bombers... or anyone who would ever consider it. I think they're over any fears.

6. ThomasPaine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

Bullshit!! If they fear the death of their friends and family not just themselves then that is fear. You're the one that's closed minded.Closed to the idea of force to deal with force. Pitiful arrogant liberal.

7. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me for believing in freedom and liberty, thus being a liberal.
    Pitiful arrogant statist.

The idea of force cannot work against SUICIDE bombers... they are willing to kill themselves. They are not afraid of force. Not to mention, there can be no retaliation against the perpetrators of a suicide attack.

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I can only speak of first hand experience, so what do I know?

I have done a lot of business (and still do to an extent, but not like before) in Malaysia and Indonesia... Many of my Muslim friends/business assoiciates have told me very clearly that the Quran says that the world must convert to Islam either by willingly or by the sword. You can believe what you want, but this is the pervasive belief of MOST Muslims. Even if it were not and was only believed by a paltry 5% of the world's Muslims, that is still 65 million people. That is a lot of frig'n suicide bombers.

You better git yur head outcha ass or you're gonna be bow'n to Mecca five times a day or dead... your choice.

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    So sit back, do nothing and accept the casualties huh...? Hey, sounds like a grand idea and the one Clinton tried for eight years.... And what did that get us?? 911.

Go figure.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. ThomasPaine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    government. Sorry bub but the only choice you seem to employ is to grab ankles and take it. Baloney!! Islam is sick! Ill!! From it's Imam head to it's wacko believers. You think the old rules about tolerance in Islam of Christians and Jews as "believers of the book" still holds? That's just an outright lie. Islam is corrupt and being further corrupted by it's very leadership. Don't accept what it's "supposed to believe in" rather pay attention to what it's Imams' preach in the mosque. Hatred, hatred, hatred. That's what these boys grow up on and that's what poisons their minds. Look at the bastards that attacked in London. Home grown. Raised in the current hatred that is expoused in the mosque by their Imams week in week out. It's a religious war bud. To act as if it isn't or to believe somehow that Islam is not preaching hate is to be foolish and ignorant..