Genealogy

C

chloe

So I am on vacation this week, it ends tomorrow, but today me, my mom and my aunt went to the biggest genealogy center in downtown salt lake city. It was alot of fun. We don't know alot about our family ancestry because My Grandma (my mom's mom) didn't tell my mom much, and my moms dad died in a car accident when my mom was 14. I haven't talked to my biological dad for 17 years and I don't know much about his family.

I found out our ancestors were Swedish, Irish, Scottish, and more, pretty exciting, Does anyone else do Genealogy?

That's pretty neat Diuretic, I just started it myself. The church has a lot of volunteers at the family center and they really helped me track down my ancestors. During the depression my great grandmother's husband left to get a pack a cigarettes and never cameback. I found him and his siblings and parents he was from Sweden. My great grandmother rented to boarders for income and I even found of list of the borders names ages and occupations. Interesting information.

A colleague at work is giving me some tips but it's really fascinating. I found my grandfather's military service in WWI, he joined up in June 1915 in a British regiment and sent straight to what was to be known as Passchendaele. He survived and came back and married my grandmother. It makes history much more personal.

Indeed it does and the more I uncover the more I have an understanding of how many family evolved.

So I am on vacation this week, it ends tomorrow, but today me, my mom and my aunt went to the biggest genealogy center in downtown salt lake city. It was alot of fun. We don't know alot about our family ancestry because My Grandma (my mom's mom) didn't tell my mom much, and my moms dad died in a car accident when my mom was 14. I haven't talked to my biological dad for 17 years and I don't know much about his family.

I found out our ancestors were Swedish, Irish, Scottish, and more, pretty exciting, Does anyone else do Genealogy?

My wife does genealogy and suggests Rootsweb and Genforum. Myself, I know nothing about it and I am just passing this on. Good luck...

Thank you Peter, I will look into those search engines as well. The family center in salt lake city uses mainly ancestry.com and its free at there library, but they also use world vital records, and immigration records too. I bet your wife has found out a lot of history. How does she feel about the new Project DNA where you can swab your mouth and they will put it into a DNA database and match it to anyone in the wolrd with your ancestry?

Forum List

Back