Gene Chizik named Head Coach at Auburn

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Who in the fuck is Gene Chizik?

Iowa State coach Gene Chizik has been hired as the next football coach at Auburn, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said in a statement on Saturday.

"Gene [Chizik] confirmed for me today that he is accepting the head coaching position at Auburn," Pollard said. "I'm disappointed for our Iowa State fans and student-athletes that he has chosen to leave our program after only two seasons.

"I understand that it [Auburn] is a dream job for him, but the timing and the way it played out has been hurtful and disappointing. Although this is a significant set back, we will get through the challenge because the Iowa State University athletics program is far greater than one person."

Chizik will be formally introduced Monday as Auburn's football coach.

A former Auburn defensive coordinator, Chizik will succeed Tommy Tuberville, who resigned following 10 seasons. The hiring was first reported by several media outlets, including AuburnUndercover.com, the Birmingham News and the Mobile Press-Register.

ESPN - Auburn Tigers hire Gene Chizik

Auburn Alum that I know are pretty upset. Cut Tupper for this guy? What a mistake!

I'm glad that I am not alone in thinking that this was a completely stupid move on Auburn's part.

Not at all. I work with a Auburn alum that calls Chizik, Big Play Chizik because his defense gave up at least one big play in each game.

Forum List

Back