Gender Gap Near Historic Highs

The law could also be argued for mass down grading of pay..... to bring the pay scale into a line of equality. Take the men down to the womens level of pay..... It saves the company money, and conforms to the law. :tongue:

that's just silly, hon. no offense, but there's never been any evidence that equal pay laws have been used that way.

This is America.... anything can be argued in court. And if you really think about it.... it could go the way i have just suggested.

All it takes is one case to go that way...and its a snowball from there. So just becasue equal pay laws have not been used this way in the past... there is no guarantee that it cant go that way in the future.

now... on the reverse side of this... think about a womans rights group suing some company to lower the level of pay of all men down to the womens... I would predict quite the uproar over that....

fastest way to get what you want... is to hurt everyone equally.

That's insane with a nice creamy stupid center.

that's just silly, hon. no offense, but there's never been any evidence that equal pay laws have been used that way.

This is America.... anything can be argued in court. And if you really think about it.... it could go the way i have just suggested.

All it takes is one case to go that way...and its a snowball from there. So just becasue equal pay laws have not been used this way in the past... there is no guarantee that it cant go that way in the future.

now... on the reverse side of this... think about a womans rights group suing some company to lower the level of pay of all men down to the womens... I would predict quite the uproar over that....

fastest way to get what you want... is to hurt everyone equally.

That's insane with a nice creamy stupid center.

i know....

it still does not mean it could not happen. :tongue:

From the CNN exit poll

* Gender gap or racial gap?

White women: 56-42 for Romney (best since Reagan landslide in 1984)
Black women: 96-3 for Obama (8% of voters last tuesday)
Latino women: 76-23 for Obama

In Virginia white women voted 61-39 for Romney. Obama carried the state

total gender gap: 18 points
white gender gap: 12 points

* Generation gap or racial gap?

18-29 year olds: 60-37 for Obama
white 18-29 year olds: 51-44 for Romney

30-44 year olds: 52-45 for Obama
white 30-44 year olds: 59-38 for Romney

45-64 year olds: 51-47 for Romney
white 45-64 year olds: 61-38 for Romney

65 and older: 56-44 for Romney
white 65 and older: 61-39 for Romney

No significant generation gap between white 30-44-year-olds and white old people

Forum List

Back