Gen Pace VS PC Police

I don't care what gays do in private, and I haven't ever argued about it. I'm not really all that offended at seeing a gay couple. providing they are flaming and making a point of themselves. Because I don't like hetero's who carry on outside closed doors either. It isn't appropriate public conduct, IMO.

In examining allowing gays to openly enlist in the military, the first question is "Why?" While I know younger people do it to an extent anyway, it is STILL inapprorpriate professional behavior for heterosexuals to flaunt their sexuality in public in the military. If a guy comes in and starts yacking about what-all he did with Suzy Rottencrotch, the first thing I think of is he must not hold in very high regard to disrespect her in such a way.

As you pointed out, the gays that are in the military are already there. Those gays want to serve FIRST, and be gay second. The ones that want to be allowed to flaunt it want to be gay first, and serve second.

If you aren't a Marine first in my company, I have mess duty, guard and maintenance quotas to fill.

My view as well...exactly!

Really? WTF do you think you are going to do to him for it? Not give him his next duty station choice or not recommend him for his 5th star (which the Corps doesn't have)? Ask him to quietly step down so he can go get paid twice as much for his expert opinion by media outlets?

I see you put a lot of thought into your response.

It's bullshit. Being in Pace's position doesn't grant one the license to say or do whatever one wants, regardless of whether or not he's going to get a promotion. As a member of the armed services, Pace is supposed to perform his job, not mouth off during official duties.

It's bullshit. Being in Pace's position doesn't grant one the license to say or do whatever one wants, regardless of whether or not he's going to get a promotion. As a member of the armed services, Pace is supposed to perform his job, not mouth off during official duties.

You are assuming he is mouthing off. It IS his job to create Marine Corps policy and see that it is implemented. As a member of the JCS, it is likewise his job to represent the Marine Corps' points of view.

Homosexuals not being allowed to serve openly in the Marine Corps IS a Marine Corps policy, enforced by regulation, not just Gen Pace's personal opinion.

That of course places the entire misconstrued event into a different context altogether. Doesn't it?

As an official spokesperson for the military... he doesn't get the luxury of his personal political positions.

If he wants to go somewhere in civies and say, "I'm Mr. Peter Pace and I think homosexuality is immoral," then that's his business and his right. But, in uniform, as a spokesman for the military, he has a duty to represent the military and the military's policies.

I give this class every year to my unit about what they can and cannot do in regards to political activites allowed and disallowed by DoD and DA regulation... Now, I'm not saying that this is specifically partisan political activity which is the vast bulk of what those classes deal with; but, Gen. Pace should know the difference between what he says as a representative of just himself and what he says as a representative of the JCS.

You are assuming he is mouthing off. It IS his job to create Marine Corps policy and see that it is implemented. As a member of the JCS, it is likewise his job to represent the Marine Corps' points of view.

Homosexuals not being allowed to serve openly in the Marine Corps IS a Marine Corps policy, enforced by regulation, not just Gen Pace's personal opinion.

That of course places the entire misconstrued event into a different context altogether. Doesn't it?

It's actually a DoD policy, but that's neither here nor there... The problem is that he compared homosexuality with adultery... which is not the Marine Corps policy.

Adultery is a UCMJ offense whether you tell someone about it or not. Homosexuality is not. Hence, the problem with his statement. His statement comparing homosexuality to adultery IS NOT reflective of DoD policy.

It's actually a DoD policy, but that's neither here nor there... The problem is that he compared homosexuality with adultery... which is not the Marine Corps policy.

Adultery is a UCMJ offense whether you tell someone about it or not. Homosexuality is not. Hence, the problem with his statement. His statement comparing homosexuality to adultery IS NOT reflective of DoD policy.

DoD policy would be the superceding authority, but IIRC, the Marine Corps has it's own directive that basically reiterates it.

I'm not going to even try to argue that adultery is comparable to homosexuality, since clearly, by definition, it is not, nor does Marine Corps policy reflect such a notion.

Four-Star Homophobe Slanders Gay, Babykilling Troops
"All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned." - Charles Ingalls

Gen. Peter Pace’s bigoted remark that homosexual behavior is “immoral” was not only an obvious jab at John Edwards, but a Pattonesque slap in the faces of the 65,000 gay, babykilling troops who are currently slaughtering innocents in Iraq.

Pace expressed regret for his hateful words, but it was not the teary-eyed mea culpa such an egregious slur requires. Rather than beg the Gay Community for forgiveness, Pace merely apologized for not keeping his personal opinions to himself.

It is indeed highly inappropriate for any active member of the armed forces to publicly express an opinion that isn’t strongly anti-Bush or anti-war, let alone a four-star General. However, Pace’s crime was not in the stating of his old-fashioned, anti-sodomy beliefs, but actually having them. One can’t help but wonder how such an insensitive bigot (not to mention a total square) could ever be given a position of command. Obviously, his appointment was made at the behest of Bush’s Evangelical masters who don’t know how to have a good time, and somehow think they can please Jesus by ruining everyone else’s fun as well. It's a shame that our gay, babykilling troops have to suffer for it.

Pace’s half-assed confession today was about as good as we can expect from a neocon fascist homophobe who never served his country, choosing instead to join the Marines. However, he has yet to apologize to the thousands of brave gay men, womyn, and transgendered activists who have devoted their lives to the cause of normalizing sexual deviancy to such an extent that a decorated General is made to feel like a criminal for disapproving of it.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/

Forum List

Back