Gen. David Petraeus Takes On Cheneyism

I notice a good portion of the righties enter the Colin Powell thread by attacking the man instead of addressing what he says. I wonder if they can pull anything out for this thread. :eusa_think:
Why should they?

Did Patreus lie us into a war and claim he fully supported it?

People are allowed to change their minds....
Forgiveness by political affliation is poison to good government.

BTW, Colin (how aptly named) never admitted what he did or that the war was wrong.

Forgiveness by political affliation is poison to good government.

BTW, Colin (how aptly named) never admitted what he did or that the war was wrong.

I agree with the first part. Always found Powell a bit wishy washy...

BTW, we pronounce it Colin (Co lynn) not Colon...;o) Ask the Colin who posts here how he pronounces his name....

Robert S. McNamara changed his mind about Vietnam, rightly so. General Petraeus has every right to do the same. The ability to do so is called maturity when the facts indicate that such a change needs to be made. To such that good change is somehow bad is silly logic.

Well, I think it's safe to say that most of us aren't members of moveon.org. I, for one, am pretty sure I said then that it was stupid.

yes?

or should we hold all repubs responsible for what teabaggers say?

whether one should or not, it seems to be the fashionable thing to do. both sides do it, and i think it's the main reason the political process is so dysfunctional

i wasn't addressing anyone here specifically, i was just commenting on it in general, so to speak. lousy pun, but i'm leaving it anyway.

lol re the lousy pun.

i don't hold repubs responsible for the teabaggers unless they try to co-opt or encourage the "movement". at that point, they deserve to be called to task.

the moveon ad was really stupid and as i recall was pretty well rejected by mainstream dems

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back