geithner gone by june?

wimpy77

Jan 21, 2009
a guy on cnn said that in his opinion geithner will be gone by june. do you agree? he basis is that the markets have no confidence in this ability and the fact that he is having trouble getting his posiitons filled.

a guy on cnn said that in his opinion geithner will be gone by june. do you agree? he basis is that the markets have no confidence in this ability and the fact that he is having trouble getting his posiitons filled.

Sooner.

He's certainly off to a rocky start, but the stress tests will end in May and then action will have to be taken, probably including going to Congress to ask for more money, and June just doesn't seem like the right time to put some one new in unless Obama wants to delay taking action on a bank rescue plan. On the other hand, politics is a rough game, and Geithner has been Obama's front man on the budget items and the housing plan and the stimulus as well as on the rescue plan for the financial system, so if things go south between Obama and Congress or Obama and the private sector, it wouldn't surprise me if Geithner was the one to take the hit for it.

He's certainly off to a rocky start, but the stress tests will end in May and then action will have to be taken, probably including going to Congress to ask for more money, and June just doesn't seem like the right time to put some one new in unless Obama wants to delay taking action on a bank rescue plan. On the other hand, politics is a rough game, and Geithner has been Obama's front man on the budget items and the housing plan and the stimulus as well as on the rescue plan for the financial system, so if things go south between Obama and Congress or Obama and the private sector, it wouldn't surprise me if Geithner was the one to take the hit for it.

according to geithner and bernanke the stress tests should be done by end of april

according to geithner and bernanke the stress tests should be done by end of april

I thought they had said May, but even so, I don't think Geithner will go before the results of the stress tests are taken to Congress and acted upon unless Obama wants to delay taking action on this because he is pushing some other agenda item at the time.

wimpy I appreciate your interest in economics, but you really ought to stop listening to shit on TV. You're going to literally hear multiple different takes on any and everything. Some joker will say Geithner's gone by June, another one will say he isn't going anywhere. It's all part of the entertainment, fear, manipulation, etc.

There's a mark to market hearing next thursday. Let's see how that goes first. If mark to market is suspended, Geithner lives to see another year. It's really as simple as that.

After that, bring back uptick, and watch the market start behaving semi normally for a change.

i know i should stop watching those shows but its hard not to. i have actually cut way back on cnbc they have turned into the eqivalent of fox news.

what do you think the odds are of them suspending market to market.

If he is, theyll have to find another cheat to take his place.

We might have a full-scale civil war by then. The Democrats keep spending money we don't have and you can bet they'll continue to spend even more. Meanwhile, they are slamming anyone who is critical of their policies. The danger for America is that the majority leans conservative yet they don't have a voice. So what happens when the majority doesn't have a voice?

We might have a full-scale civil war by then. The Democrats keep spending money we don't have and you can bet they'll continue to spend even more. Meanwhile, they are slamming anyone who is critical of their policies. The danger for America is that the majority leans conservative yet they don't have a voice. So what happens when the majority doesn't have a voice?

apparently you missed it the majority spoke in november when they didn't vote for a new republican president

i know i should stop watching those shows but its hard not to. i have actually cut way back on cnbc they have turned into the eqivalent of fox news.

what do you think the odds are of them suspending market to market.

Watching them is one thing, taking them seriously is another.

With this admin, I really have no clue what the odds are. If I was a betting man, I'd buy the rumor. I happen to think the shorts are driving prices down to get dirt cheap long opportunities. If next week starts out positive leading into thursday, I expect M2M to be suspended. If it's a bad week from the get go, M2M is staying put. That's just my theory, though.

And BTW, it's not market to market. It's MARK to market.

Absolutely not. We got into the 9000s when Obama picked Geitner. The stimulus bill is supposed to save our economy. Not Geitner.

Absolutely not. We got into the 9000s when Obama picked Geitner. The stimulus bill is supposed to save our economy. Not Geitner.

i don't believe anyone thinks the stimulus bill in of its self is going to fix the economy. the stimulus is meant to be a jolt. the underlining problem still exists a clogged credit and banking market.

i don't believe anyone thinks the stimulus bill in of its self is going to fix the economy. the stimulus is meant to be a jolt. the underlining problem still exists a clogged credit and banking market.

Right. The real fix is another plan in the future. It's a coming...

The only thing being stress tested is the American people, to see how much we can take before we snap.

Forum List

Back