Geithner coming after your cellphone usage!

Guilty? These aren't crimes, genius.

As soon as they call it tax evasion it's investigated/treated as a crime.
You got one thing right though, compared to you I am a genius.

In which case you are treated as innocent until proven guilty. However showing your tax exempt status isn't a crime.

Oh, and you fail at recognizing sarcasm.

Then in that case it would be up to the government to prove it was used for personal use, not up to me to prove it wasn't.
Try and keep up.

As soon as they call it tax evasion it's investigated/treated as a crime.
You got one thing right though, compared to you I am a genius.

In which case you are treated as innocent until proven guilty. However showing your tax exempt status isn't a crime.

Then in that case it would be up to the government to prove it was used for personal use, not up to me to prove it wasn't.
Try and keep up.

No. You lose. How it would work is that its your responsibility to prove to the government that its not used for personal use. If you don't, then you get audited and then the government looks through all your files and thats when the responsibility falls onto the government. So feel free to bitch and whine about how you don't need to prove anything, you'll just get audited. :lol:

Try and keep up.

No. You lose. How it would work is that its your responsibility to prove to the government that its not used for personal use. If you don't, then you get audited and then the government looks through all your files and thats when the responsibility falls onto the government. So feel free to bitch and whine about how you don't need to prove anything, you'll just get audited. :lol:

You really do love an all-powerful government shoving it's nose into your personal life, don't you?
Be careful what you wish for.

Try and keep up.

You really do love an all-powerful government shoving it's nose into your personal life, don't you?

Umm, no, I don't. In fact YOU are advocating an all-powerful government shoving it's nose into your personal life. How else do you think it would prove what you use your phone for? I'd much rather the burden of proof be on the individual, so you can show them the proof without them snooping around.

Umm, no, I don't. In fact YOU are advocating an all-powerful government shoving it's nose into your personal life. How else do you think it would prove what you use your phone for? I'd much rather the burden of proof be on the individual, so you can show them the proof without them snooping around.

It doesn't work that way. The burden of proof lies with the accuser, in which case this would be the government.

Actually, hold up on the car wash.

This really isn't that bad of an idea. The law for this has been on the books for 20 years and wasn't enforceable. Think of the trillions of revenue we have lost that we should have been collecting the last 20 years!

Now, apparently they are adding teeth to it, making employers deduct the correct amount from your check. In 1989, when this law was passed, cellphones WERE a really expensive luxury item only CEOs and such had. Now most everyone has a work cellphone, look at the revenue this will generate!

Tell ya what.... If the city wants to PAY ME for the use of my PERSONAL CELL PHONE for GOVERNMENT BUSINESS, then by all means, THEY CAN HAVE THEIR PHONE BACK!

At my last job, I carried a company cell phone 24/7. I never once used it for personal use. I never gave out the number to anybody except people that I worked with. My daughters didn't even have the number, they called my personal cell phone if they needed to talk of me.
Should I have been taxed for that?

Probably not, it doesn't sound like a benefit.

I know lots of people who get company cell phones where the company takes over the entire plan. Corporate and personal calls included + a free blackberry. Now tell me why that shouldn't be taxed?

Is the cell phone police going to enforce this new tax then...."Ah..ah...pay up that was a personal call".

Your arguments get more ludicrous by the moment.

Forum List

Back