GEICO Fires Voice Actor After He Insults Tea Partiers

Actually the insult was to mentally retarded people.

You seem offended. How appropriate.

I like how Michelle Bachman is trying hard to spin the tea party as being the most intelligent of Repubs.. :doubt: :razz:

Well, perhaps they are compared to her and her sis Palin..

You don't really like it do you?

Tea Party members aren't the most intelligent Republicans. They are the most intelligent Independents, so if your correct in what Mz. Bachman is saying it is spin. Some how, I doubt your story is accurate.

Really?

So the Tea Baggers have assailed the free speech rights of the Geico announcer by getting him fired for stating his point of view?

And this is something to be proud of? I thought the Tea Baggers were all about Free Speech Rights.

I guess they only support Free Speech rights when it applies to themselves.

You have to keep in mind, Geico is one of the sponsers who stopped advertising with Beck. lol

Oh you mean when LIBERALS told sponsers of Beck they would stop buying with these sponsors if they continued to sponsor Beck????

What do you know. That's exactly what these tea partiers did with Geico!!!!!!

But apparently it's ONLY free speech, when liberals do it!

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

How funny is it when you defeat the liberal side with one post?

You just did that!

:lol::lol::lol:

Beck has the right to say anything he wants, just like this Geico guy does. They both have to face the consequences. I believe in that. As long as they dont start saying things like lock and load or come armed and dangerous or putting scope targets on any officials etc. If they start inciting something, then free speech is out the window.

I just hear the righty's complaining all the time about free speech. I like to point out how hypocritical they were about beck..

Last edited:
Newser) – They didn't stop the health care bill, but tea partiers have gotten the voice of GEICO fired. No, not the gecko, the guy who says, "GEICO, real service, real savings." It seems he called up the group FreedomWorks and left a long, nasty message with lines like, "What (are) the percentages of people that are mentally retarded who work for the organization and are members of it?," reports

Lance Baxter, aka DC Douglas, a Voice Actor for GEICO, Is Fired After Leaving Voicemail for Tea Party Group

I've been with GEICO since 2004. I'm going to look for quotes elsewhere now.

I lked how they dropped Beck, so its a give and take thing for me.

Really?

So the Tea Baggers have assailed the free speech rights of the Geico announcer by getting him fired for stating his point of view?

And this is something to be proud of? I thought the Tea Baggers were all about Free Speech Rights.

I guess they only support Free Speech rights when it applies to themselves.

there's a constitutional right to freedom of speech.

there's no constitutional right to freedom from consequences.

You have to keep in mind, Geico is one of the sponsers who stopped advertising with Beck. lol

Oh you mean when LIBERALS told sponsers of Beck they would stop buying with these sponsors if they continued to sponsor Beck????

What do you know. That's exactly what these tea partiers did with Geico!!!!!!

But apparently it's ONLY free speech, when liberals do it!

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

How funny is it when you defeat the liberal side with one post?

You just did that!

:lol::lol::lol:

Beck has the right to say anything he wants, just like this Geico guy does. They both have to face the consequences. I believe in that. As long as they dont start saying things like lock and load or come armed and dangerous or putting scope targets on any officials etc. If they start inciting something, then free speech is out the window.

I just hear the righty's complaining all the time about free speech. I like to point out how hypocritical they were about beck..

Nice try at spinning your way out of it, but all you accomplished is showing what a hypocrite YOU are.

Free speech/expression is also voting with your wallet.

Just like those that boycotted Glen Beck sponsors have a right to say "I won't buy from you as long as you sponsor Glen Beck," tea partiers have just as much right to say "I wont buy your insurance as long as you employ that foul mouth jerk."

THAT'S FREE SPEECH TOO!!!!!!!

It is YOU that is against free speech. You don't like the fact the tea partiers had the right to use THEIR free speech, to talk BACK to the foul mouth idiot from Geico just because YOU agree with that foul mouth idiot.(what a surprise :lol: )

You aren't railing for free speech, but AGAINST CONSEQUENCES.

The first amendment protects us from the GOVERNMENT doing anything to us because of our speech.

It doesnt say you can't get fired for having a big mouth! You most certainly can.

If you or I leave a profanity laced message that gets leaked to the public and causes bad PR for the company we work for, we most certainly CAN get fired.

There is no first amendment protection against that.

That's the problem with you liberals you never did understand, the concept of RESPONSIBILITY. With freedom comes RESPONSIBILITY.

He was made to take RESPONSIBILITY for his words.

I don't expect you to understand that. Your avatar speaks volumes to that inability.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back