GEICO Fires Voice Actor After He Insults Tea Partiers

I'd pay for a smartphone breathalyzer app. Sounds like a case of drunk dialing. Too bad.

Douglas has since acknowledged such an impulsive move was "STUPID!," but says he was impassioned by the "slurs the Tea Party crowd angrily yelled at Barney Frank, et al," during the climax of health care reform.

He also holds no grudge against his former employer, saying in the press release: "I don't blame GEICO for protecting themselves. They have a business to run and can't waste time getting caught up in FreedomWorks' circus. And they've been very good to me in the past."

Geico FIRES D.C. Douglas: Voice Actor Dropped After Insulting FreedomWorks, Tea Partiers

So he's OK with Frank facilitating and overseeing the greatest scam in world history, running a prostitution ring out of his home and growing pot, he just doesn't want any of the "teabaggers" (his word) to call Frank a fag?

How about someone who uses a slur like "teabaggers" to describe patriotic protesters doesn't need to correct the rest of us on the use of epithets.

Really?

So the Tea Baggers have assailed the free speech rights of the Geico announcer by getting him fired for stating his point of view?

And this is something to be proud of? I thought the Tea Baggers were all about Free Speech Rights.

I guess they only support Free Speech rights when it applies to themselves.

This is how liberals view free speech. They can malign and try to intimidate free speech all day long, BUT IF YOU FIGHT OR TALK BACK!!!!!!!! THAT'S DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_snooty:

People can't use the free speech of their wallet and decide where they will buy their car insurance because of the actions of a company's employees. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

How DARE those Tea Partiers be so uppity!!!!!!!!

They just don't know their place.

Hey! When's the last time you heard about a left wingers hosting a boycott?

That's not free speech???????????

Yeah, but ONLY WHEN LIBERALS DO IT! If you are a tea partier, you better just keep on buying insurance where we say so!

Isn't that what they say about health insurance now?

Liberals are such obvious fascists.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am not impressed with folks who try to get other folks fired for their politics. Getting a job these days is hard enough.

He is still a stupid jerk. Really the worst that should happen is that he should have posted it here and then have all of us laugh at the new Rdean/Troothmatters clone. but beyond that, leave him alone

Or neg rep him.

Liberals host boycotts of companies all the time.

They just had a big one for Wholesale Foods (I think that's the name of the company. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. It's only 7:00 in the A.M. ;) )

But we all have the right to free speech via our wallet.

When Target ejected all Salvation Army bell ringers at Christmas (but Walmart allowed them). I voted with my feet and refused to go to Target. A lot of people did.

That's free speech too.

Some Geico customers said they would change companies because of this employee's actions.

They are perfectly entitled to do that.

How about the liberals boycotting sponsers to Glen Beck's tv show, trying to get Fox to drop him?

Really?

So the Tea Baggers have assailed the free speech rights of the Geico announcer by getting him fired for stating his point of view?

And this is something to be proud of? I thought the Tea Baggers were all about Free Speech Rights.

Did they force him to make the call? Did they hold a gun to his head?

Honestly, shitstain, you really need to work on logic and thought process.

Newser) – They didn't stop the health care bill, but tea partiers have gotten the voice of GEICO fired. No, not the gecko, the guy who says, "GEICO, real service, real savings." It seems he called up the group FreedomWorks and left a long, nasty message with lines like, "What (are) the percentages of people that are mentally retarded who work for the organization and are members of it?," reports
Lance Baxter, aka DC Douglas, a Voice Actor for GEICO, Is Fired After Leaving Voicemail for Tea Party Group

Even a caveman could tell you Tea Baggers are fair game

caveman_1.jpg

Newser) – They didn't stop the health care bill, but tea partiers have gotten the voice of GEICO fired. No, not the gecko, the guy who says, "GEICO, real service, real savings." It seems he called up the group FreedomWorks and left a long, nasty message with lines like, "What (are) the percentages of people that are mentally retarded who work for the organization and are members of it?," reports
Lance Baxter, aka DC Douglas, a Voice Actor for GEICO, Is Fired After Leaving Voicemail for Tea Party Group

caveman_1.jpg

And looks like the Geico Announcer is too!

caveman_1.jpg

Nice of you to post your pic. I now understand why you are the asshole that you are.

Really?

You have to keep in mind, Geico is one of the sponsers who stopped advertising with Beck. lol

Really?

Of course not, but the tea baggers really did show how much they are for free speech.

Free speech for tea baggers is fair.
Free speech for this this guy is wrong.

Oh and for the record, I agree with everything this guy said.

Last edited:
I think the call was very fitting, after all, GEICO's origins does come from being the Government Employees Insurance Company. And isn't Warren Buffet, whose Berkshire Hathaway owns GEICO a Democrat? (not rhetoric, I don't know)

But honestly, if it was me I would have laughed it off but I can see where the "retard" line is not the political correctness that should be shown the Tea Party folks and they had every right to complain.

Really?

You have to keep in mind, Geico is one of the sponsers who stopped advertising with Beck. lol

Oh you mean when LIBERALS told sponsers of Beck they would stop buying with these sponsors if they continued to sponsor Beck????

What do you know. That's exactly what these tea partiers did with Geico!!!!!!

But apparently it's ONLY free speech, when liberals do it!

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

How funny is it when you defeat the liberal side with one post?

You just did that!

:lol::lol::lol:

Really?

Of course not, but the tea baggers really did show how much they are for free speech.

Free speech for tea baggers is fair.
Free speech for this this guy is wrong.

Oh and for the recode, I agree with everything this guy said.

Yeah because it's ONLY free speech, when liberals call Geico and threaten to not buy from them, if they continue to sponsor Glen Beck!!!!!!!

But if those uppity Tea Partiers DARE pull the same thing!!!!!

Well just who do they think they are! Don't they know liberals are only allowed to boycott a company????????

You defeated your own argument. Too funny!

Liberals never could get what hypocrites they are!

Really?

The announcer was free to talk and did so. That has nothing to do with consequences for exercising the right. Voiceovers is a very competitive field. Could be the high salary and other things combined to cause his exit.

I've been with GEICO since 2004. I'm going to look for quotes elsewhere now.

Forum List

Back