GEICO Fires Voice Actor After He Insults Tea Partiers

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Newser) – They didn't stop the health care bill, but tea partiers have gotten the voice of GEICO fired. No, not the gecko, the guy who says, "GEICO, real service, real savings." It seems he called up the group FreedomWorks and left a long, nasty message with lines like, "What (are) the percentages of people that are mentally retarded who work for the organization and are members of it?," reports

Lance Baxter, aka DC Douglas, a Voice Actor for GEICO, Is Fired After Leaving Voicemail for Tea Party Group

I'd pay for a smartphone breathalyzer app. Sounds like a case of drunk dialing. Too bad.

Douglas has since acknowledged such an impulsive move was "STUPID!," but says he was impassioned by the "slurs the Tea Party crowd angrily yelled at Barney Frank, et al," during the climax of health care reform.

He also holds no grudge against his former employer, saying in the press release: "I don't blame GEICO for protecting themselves. They have a business to run and can't waste time getting caught up in FreedomWorks' circus. And they've been very good to me in the past."

Geico FIRES D.C. Douglas: Voice Actor Dropped After Insulting FreedomWorks, Tea Partiers

Last edited:
To me it is a species of lizard.
I am not a lizardtologist.
If I was I would understand rightwingers better I suppose.

you cannot read either.. or comprehend or sumpin, so you gotta go make the sammiches..

Really?

So the Tea Baggers have assailed the free speech rights of the Geico announcer by getting him fired for stating his point of view?

And this is something to be proud of? I thought the Tea Baggers were all about Free Speech Rights.

I guess they only support Free Speech rights when it applies to themselves.

I'd pay for a smartphone breathalyzer app. Sounds like a case of drunk dialing. Too bad.

Douglas has since acknowledged such an impulsive move was "STUPID!," but says he was impassioned by the "slurs the Tea Party crowd angrily yelled at Barney Frank, et al," during the climax of health care reform.

He also holds no grudge against his former employer, saying in the press release: "I don't blame GEICO for protecting themselves. They have a business to run and can't waste time getting caught up in FreedomWorks' circus. And they've been very good to me in the past."

Geico FIRES D.C. Douglas: Voice Actor Dropped After Insulting FreedomWorks, Tea Partiers
So he was drunk AND bought into a pack of media driven lies.

Too bad the dickweed can't be fired twice for being a gullible dumbass on top of it all.

Really?

So the Tea Baggers have assailed the free speech rights of the Geico announcer by getting him fired for stating his point of view?

And this is something to be proud of? I thought the Tea Baggers were all about Free Speech Rights.

and this is usually where you hypocrites come in and tell us "you can say whatever you want to but don't expect folks who disagree with you to just take it.. you can't yell fires in a theatre" :lol::lol::lol:

they didn't get him fired. they just told GEICO they would buy insurance elsewhere! what's wrong with that? I guess you agreed with the dipshit democrats who wanted to boycott his own state?? huh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So he was drunk AND bought into a pack of media driven lies.

Too bad the dickweed can't be fired twice for being a gullible dumbass on top of it all.

I have no idea if he was drunk. I haven't heard the audio. I can only hope for his sake he was. That would be a very stupid move to make while sober.

PS - here's a link to the audio. He is sober. Just really, really, sarcastic.

http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2010/04/audio-how-does-geico-gecko-gets-fired.html

Last edited:
I am not impressed with folks who try to get other folks fired for their politics. Getting a job these days is hard enough.

He is still a stupid jerk. Really the worst that should happen is that he should have posted it here and then have all of us laugh at the new Rdean/Troothmatters clone. but beyond that, leave him alone

Or neg rep him.

I am not impressed with folks who try to get other folks fired for their politics. Getting a job these days is hard enough.

He is still a stupid jerk. Really the worst that should happen is that he should have posted it here and then have all of us laugh at the new Rdean/Troothmatters clone. but beyond that, leave him alone

Or neg rep him.

I think he would have been okay till he started on the retarded killer track. Maybe he has a future with the DNC.

Really?

Remember, words have consequences, as much as actions do.

Forum List

Back