Geforce2 MX400 problems

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
Anyone work with this kind of video card before?

heres my issue....

I've tried to get this card to work in win98se and win2k and either having boot issues (win98) or 'device could not start' messages (win2k). I was using an Asus BX6 board with a 440 chipset both times. Now that I finally blew that board up trying it I've switched to an Epox BX6 board and having same issues.

I've normally had good success with Nvidia chipset video cards in the past so this one is confusing. I've tried searching for known issues and have been unable to find any.

Does anyone have ideas?

Drivers, I've tried 4 different versions starting from the most current to 4 versions backwards. I've also reformatted and reinstalled each OS a number of times changing things like the version of directX i'm running to the version of IE I install.

The card is an AGP slot and there have been zero IRQ conflicts. I've tried running with and without a sound card or a NIC and no positive results yet.

Can you throw it into another machine temporarily to rule out whether or not the card itself is faulty?

yeah, now that my wife is asleep i'm going to throw it into hers and try it. My housemate is also going to be at work and her machine has the same type of mobo as the one i'm trying first so we'll see if its a chipset issue or if its a bad card.

ok, threw this card into my wifes system and it works. I think it comes down to the agp slot. on the gaming (kids) machine its just a 1x agp slot and my wifes is a 4x agp slot.

anyone know where I can update an i440bx agpset bios (award)?

that may not even change the settings on the agp slot and I could be forced into a new mobo purchase, which will suck.

Forum List

Back