Geert Wilders invades America

I see. So we let Wilders speak. And we stop people from doing something that is perfectly legal with the property they own.

Let Wilders speak, and let those people have their mosque.

We stop people from doing something that is perfectly legal? Maybe you- not me.

When we as a nation stop letting people say what they think, for fear that someone may be offended, then free speech and freedom of expression is dead. You may want that, but I assure you are plenty of us who don't.

I see. So we let Wilders speak. And we stop people from doing something that is perfectly legal with the property they own.

Let Wilders speak, and let those people have their mosque.

We stop people from doing something that is perfectly legal? Maybe you- not me.

When we as a nation stop letting people say what they think, for fear that someone may be offended, then free speech and freedom of expression is dead. You may want that, but I assure you are plenty of us who don't.

Yeah, you prefer to cut of a persons right to speak because it offends you.

But when Geert Wilders does it it's totally different, right?

Did Geert Wilders tell you you can't talk about something?

Just to explain how this works, unless you can point to some Dutch law that Wilders has broken he is free to say whatever he wants. He has no power in the US to deny anyone anything.

Did you miss his call for banning the Qur'an?

Did you miss my point about him being Dutch? My understanding of Dutch law, which is admittedly shaky, tells me that he has a good argument that the Quran, the Bible, and possibly the Kama Sutra, is in violation of the law there.

All that does is make me glad I do not live there.

Just to explain how this works, unless you can point to some Dutch law that Wilders has broken he is free to say whatever he wants. He has no power in the US to deny anyone anything.

And when Wilders wants to ban the Koran in America we have the freedom of speech to say what we think about him and how that's totally unAmerican and unconstitutional and he's an asshole, bigot, clot heid.

We have the freedom of speech to voice our opinion that this douchebag should go back to where he came from because what he's spewing is not what America stands for.

And we have the freedom of speech to say all you right wing nutters who support this freak need to go read your constitution and remember what makes America great. It's certainly not bigots like Geert Wilder.

Did you miss my point about him being Dutch? My understanding of Dutch law, which is admittedly shaky, tells me that he has a good argument that the Quran, the Bible, and possibly the Kama Sutra, is in violation of the law there.

All that does is make me glad I do not live there.

LOL! That's bullshit. Name the Dutch law that outlaws religious books.

You're out of your mind. :cuckoo:

Not at all. Did you miss the death threats to him and to the website staff when the film was released?
We see people who call for the ban of all religion, not just Islam, regularly. If someone wishes to state their views, but is not making threats of violence, I have no problem whatsoever with that. It's when the talk turns to violence and action that it is a problem.

And when Wilders wants to ban the Koran in America we have the freedom of speech to say what we think about him and how that's totally unAmerican and unconstitutional and he's an asshole, bigot, clot heid.

We have the freedom of speech to voice our opinion that this douchebag should go back to where he came from because what he's spewing is not what America stands for.

And we have the freedom of speech to say all you right wing nutters who support this freak need to go read your constitution and remember what makes America great. It's certainly not bigots like Geert Wilder.

Which still does not address my point. He is not breaking any law in the US by saying that the Quran should be banned under Dutch law. Nor, as far as I know, breaking any law there. So please tell me how he is violating anyone's rights, or even calling for them to be violated.

Let us examine his actual position.
He points out that Dutch law is wrong for banning hate speech and books like Mein Kampf. He then points out that under the same law that makes Mein Kampf illegal the Quran should also be classified as hate speech, and banned. he then points out that banning one, and not the other, is hypocritical, and calls for the repeal of the law that would ban either. He despises hate speech laws, and does so even more when they are applied arbitrarily.

Then you, and others like you, take his call to repeal the law, or enforce it fairly, as proof that he actually opposes free speech. This amazes me, and always makes me wonder if people ever take the time to research their positions before committing to them. I must admit that I sometimes do this myself, so I cannot condemn it with impunity. That does not mean that I do not look around and revise my opinion when the full story is fully revealed.

It also amazes me the level of hypocrisy involved in people calling for him to go home when they sneer at other people who do the same thing on the other side.

Gee - I wonder how the lefties would feel if a prominent university invited an evil dictator, who just happened to be Muslim to speak on campus. Oh wait...

Poor analogy I know, but the hypocrisy is truly astounding. The more I read up on this issue, the more I am starting to think we have a fringe "neo truther" movement going on in this country. Scary.

Not at all. Did you miss the death threats to him and to the website staff when the film was released?
We see people who call for the ban of all religion, not just Islam, regularly. If someone wishes to state their views, but is not making threats of violence, I have no problem whatsoever with that. It's when the talk turns to violence and action that it is a problem.

If he was all talk, I wouldn't have a problem. If he succeeds in passing legislation that persecutes Muslims, however, then he's thrown down the gauntlet.

I don't consider hate groups or proponents of hate particularly brave.

Rather than slandering him, how about detailing what he says is wrong, using facts. Good luck.

The article in the OP is total garbage, I like how it keeps using terms to try and paint Geert as an extremist like "ultranationalist," as if that is a leftist code-word for "bad person." Its a meaningless term, but part of the left's nonsensical rhetoric to try and place someone in a convenient box who the leftist trash dislikes.

Of course it has to be the JOOOOSSSSS, it can't be about Islamic invasion of the Netherlands!

What invasion?, most of the Muslims are citizens, whose parents came from the former Dutch colony of Indonesia, The 4th largest country in the World
List of islands of Indonesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Netherlands will go the way of Lebanon (once Christian Majortiy to under 20% Christian and shrink and becoming more and more Islamic radicalized). They will be the first European country to fall, Russia next (not technically a European country, but a technically advanced and very important country)! Then they will see how a Muslim majority respects the rights of non-Muslim minority!

Netherlands will go the way of Lebanon (once Christian Majortiy to under 20% Christian and shrink and becoming more and more Islamic radicalized). They will be the first European country to fall, Russia next (not technically a European country, but a technically advanced and very important country)! Then they will see how a Muslim majority respects the rights of non-Muslim minority!

Russia is filthy and can't fall soon enough. Lebanon is 40% Christian, by the way.

Forum List

Back