Gee Who Would Think Recruitments Would Be Met?

Any lie is acceptable to the left, You should know that.

I don't think Stripey is being deceitful here...I sincerely think that many folks think that standards deal only with performance issues. Of course, it wouldn't be much of a story if the headline read "Traffic Violations/Misdemeanors No Longer Disqualify People from Military Service"

I was never a recruiter and never received an 'enlistment' bonus. Like Stripey, they didn't offer such when I enlisted.

The ability to offer bonuses is always been part of the All Volunteer Force. Generally few get offered them and then only those areas in specific Services that are critically short get them at all.

With a war on I am sure more areas are potentially in need of bonuses. I never got an enlistment bonus ( joined in 74 ( army) and 79 Marine Corps) but I did get one reenlistment bonus. My MOS was a fast promotion MOS because of high turn over. I was a Sgt at 2and a half years, a SSGT at 6 years and a GySgt at 11. Of course after that it dried up, the MOS is dead now.

What is funny is that they promoted me OUT of being the tech they wanted. At Sgt I was a Section head and never looked back. Only time I worked on gear was when we were swamped. And then I spent 4 years as an Instructor.

Forum List

Back