Gee, thanks, Mr. Gauze Head

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
I went out to eat tonight at an old-fashioned burger/ice cream place, where the booths are separated only by a very low divider. As a result, you are very close to other diners and can see them up close and personal.

As bad luck would have it, who is at the booth right next to me but a man with his entire head wrapped in gauze. We're talking brain-surgery levels of bandaging here.

I am right now eating leftovers at home, because this sight took away my appetite.

Why would a person go out to eat in that condition? Dear Lord.

Abbey Normal said:
I went out to eat tonight at an old-fashioned burger/ice cream place, where the booths are separated only by a very low divider. As a result, you are very close to other diners and can see them up close and personal.

As bad luck would have it, who is at the booth right next to me but a man with his entire head wrapped in gauze. We're talking brain-surgery levels of bandaging here.

I am right now eating leftovers at home, because this sight took away my appetite.

Why would a person go out to eat in that condition? Dear Lord.

Hey---Mummys gotta eat too!

I remember when I got a scratched cornea from industrial strength oven cleaner. I had to go to the doctor, get a few wierd tests run (some clinics like to run up the tab when they know it's a worker's comp claim), one of which included staining my eye yellow. In order to treat the thing, I had to use antiseptic eyedrops for a few days and wear a big frickin' gauze pad over my eye as an eyepatch (to keep eye movement and focusing from worsening the scratch) for 24 hours. I refused to go out in public. One the up side, when I took the thing off to go to bed, I could see in pitch blackness as well as I normally could at noon. I'll have to remember that for the next time I play capture the flag, but I digress.

That having been said, I can't imagine the kind of person who would go out to eat with that kind of bandaging on his head.

dilloduck said:
Hey---Mummys gotta eat too!

:rotflmao:

You're right, Dillo. What was I thinking! Mummy's are a disenfranchised group who need special laws to help empower them.

In fact, I'd better check myself to be sure I'm not Mummyphobic.

15083308.gif

Hobbit said:
I remember when I got a scratched cornea from industrial strength oven cleaner. I had to go to the doctor, get a few wierd tests run (some clinics like to run up the tab when they know it's a worker's comp claim), one of which included staining my eye yellow. In order to treat the thing, I had to use antiseptic eyedrops for a few days and wear a big frickin' gauze pad over my eye as an eyepatch (to keep eye movement and focusing from worsening the scratch) for 24 hours. I refused to go out in public. One the up side, when I took the thing off to go to bed, I could see in pitch blackness as well as I normally could at noon. I'll have to remember that for the next time I play capture the flag, but I digress.

That having been said, I can't imagine the kind of person who would go out to eat with that kind of bandaging on his head.

Bless you, Hobbit!

I had a blood vessel break in my eye one time. Didn't hurt whatsoever, but it looked absolutely disgusting, as the red had bled over into the cornea a little. I felt horrible making people look at it, but I couldn't just sit in the house for 2 weeks.

Dan said:
I had a blood vessel break in my eye one time. Didn't hurt whatsoever, but it looked absolutely disgusting, as the red had bled over into the cornea a little. I felt horrible making people look at it, but I couldn't just sit in the house for 2 weeks.

That's not so bad to look at, Dan. I would go out with that too. When I had eye surgery years ago, I went out after I was able to take the bandage off.

I think its fine to go out for recreation, shopping, etc., but if I had my entire head bandaged, and I felt I had to eat out, I'd use drive-through for a while.

:cof:

When the other firefighters and I go out together for food we often find ourselves, without malice or aforethought, talking about some rather gruesome scenes... I am pretty sure we chased some people back home before.

Forum List

Back